Reeds boost husky

Kyle_Gill
11/1/2017 4:14pm
bike does look good, I wouldn't kick it out of my garage!
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
11/1/2017 4:15pm
Having Goose back as his mechanic. I don't think we will have to worry much about it being fast and reliable. Plus, when was the last time Reed has had an ugly bike... Keen to see A1 roll around!
And we have seen chad Win on near stock 450 before. I'm calling a podium effort from CR22 this year!
Kyle_Gill
11/1/2017 4:20pm
Having Goose back as his mechanic. I don't think we will have to worry much about it being fast and reliable. Plus, when was the last...
Having Goose back as his mechanic. I don't think we will have to worry much about it being fast and reliable. Plus, when was the last time Reed has had an ugly bike... Keen to see A1 roll around!
And we have seen chad Win on near stock 450 before. I'm calling a podium effort from CR22 this year!
i agree with that! it be nice to see him run down the top guys like he did to villopoto a few years back, hopefully he can stay healthy!
oshow
11/1/2017 6:47pm
Melicar wrote:
That's a bitchin 5th-10th ride!
Dougy1 wrote:
Nothin shabby about being 35 and top ten in the world at Supercross . I'd call that Fuken amazing considering his last title was 13 years...
Nothin shabby about being 35 and top ten in the world at Supercross . I'd call that Fuken amazing considering his last title was 13 years ago.
mingham97 wrote:
2008 was his last SX title!
He will be the only past 450 SX champ in the field next year
And always a threat to win.

The Shop

11/1/2017 6:58pm
Having Goose back as his mechanic. I don't think we will have to worry much about it being fast and reliable. Plus, when was the last...
I agree, he'll have the bike he wants and he's shown that him on a bike he's comfortable with is a lethal combination.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
11/1/2017 8:36pm
I'm the biggest Chad Reed fan there is, but I'm also realistic.

Before straight rhythm he said he hasn't been riding and wasn't in shape. Then he broke his ankle.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't see how there's any way possible that he'll be ready to contend for podiums, or even top 5's, by early January.
11/2/2017 12:31am
TeamGreen wrote:
FWIW: PC has more than enough capability to build one of those motors. Funny thing, when I 1st met Mitch... He was running Husky 250s and...
FWIW: PC has more than enough capability to build one of those motors.

Funny thing, when I 1st met Mitch...

He was running Husky 250s and 500s with Andy Jefferson as his rider.
Can Chad get transmissions.

The answer has to be yes, or I highly doubt he would go racing.

But from who and how... is more interesting.
Dougy1
11/2/2017 3:32am
SPYGUY wrote:
I'm the biggest Chad Reed fan there is, but I'm also realistic. Before straight rhythm he said he hasn't been riding and wasn't in shape. Then...

Before straight rhythm he said he hasn't been riding and wasn't in shape. Then he broke his ankle.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I just don't see how there's any way possible that he'll be ready to contend for podiums, or even top 5's, by early January.
I agree top 5s by A1 is a stretch
51xc
11/2/2017 7:24am
I'm not a reed fan to be honest but I really love that he has the balls to do shit himself and won't take 'no' for an answer.
Lemon100
11/3/2017 6:20am
Just for the fun , I take inspiration from the old bike from reed (crf and kxf twotwo ) and I imagine a reed husky...

Pedrotbitt
11/4/2017 12:59am
Lemon100 wrote:
Just for the fun , I take inspiration from the old bike from reed (crf and kxf twotwo ) and I imagine a reed husky...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/03/223155/s1200_reed_bike.jpg[/img]
Just for the fun , I take inspiration from the old bike from reed (crf and kxf twotwo ) and I imagine a reed husky...

Woohoo
Gukamonster
11/4/2017 1:41am
SPYGUY wrote:
I'm the biggest Chad Reed fan there is, but I'm also realistic. Before straight rhythm he said he hasn't been riding and wasn't in shape. Then...

Yeah I read that same interview and remember raising an eyebrow at his comments about not riding or being in shape. He had 5 injury free months to be somewhat ready:

http://racerxonline.com/2017/10/18/between-the-motos-chad-reed

His biggest news headline last year was:

"The American Motorcyclist Association announced today that it has fined Monster Energy Factory Yamaha’s Chad Reed $5,000 and docked him five championship points earned Saturday night at Round 13 of Monster Energy Supercross in St. Louis after Reed “failed to follow the direction of the AMA officials indicated by the blue flag” and impeded the progress of second place rider Ryan Dungey while being lapped in 16th position."

He's probably gonna have to spend some good money to go racing on a program he's happy with, not sure it's worth that and the risk. You can't 100% rule out that he could win a race though which probably makes the whole thing worth it. If it doesn't work out I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the plug mid-season like LaRocco and Windham did when they retired.
BobKerr
11/4/2017 2:18am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 2:22am
SPYGUY wrote:

This

I read/listened to that same thing and thought oh boy, he better get on it hard and fast because that was late October. I'm honestly bummed. I was hoping that he had been grinding away during the late summer/early fall getting himself in the best shape ever. Then the ankle break. IF he heals and shows up, I am expecting 10th-15th most of the season with the occasional 5th-10th in the last half of the season if he gets a holeshot. There is no way that he is going to stand on the podium in 2018. I suspect that he quits part way through the season when he realizes how far off the pace he is from being out of shape and spending too much time off the bike.
steed 2.0
11/4/2017 2:27am
Good to see he has a big sponsor, yes I know boost had been in the sport before but good to see the interest coming back...
Good to see he has a big sponsor, yes I know boost had been in the sport before but good to see the interest coming back. Now if we could just get the beer and cigarettes to come back!

I wonder if this is next years plan or the bike that was suppose to go to Australia?

First, I have no first hand info so my comment is just my opinion... the whole Boost deal feels more like the Peak antifreeze deal from back in the day... I think Reed is the biggest sponsor this time
Dave #125
11/4/2017 2:28am
Does anyone really believe hes not been training?
Reedy is the king of "foxing" - been doing that since his junior days..
Also king of social media- and its working ??
Crush
11/4/2017 3:20am
Dave #125 wrote:
Does anyone really believe hes not been training? Reedy is the king of "foxing" - been doing that since his junior days.. Also king of social...
This.

Dude hasn't shown up out of shape once.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
11/4/2017 6:29am
Lemon100 wrote:
Just for the fun , I take inspiration from the old bike from reed (crf and kxf twotwo ) and I imagine a reed husky...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/03/223155/s1200_reed_bike.jpg[/img]

Wow, that looks great. Nicely done!
PJ205
11/4/2017 9:12am
Lemon100 wrote:

Now thats a fine looking ride!
Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2058th
11/4/2017 10:08am
Lemon100 wrote:

That looks good.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
11/4/2017 2:44pm
BobKerr wrote:
This I read/listened to that same thing and thought oh boy, he better get on it hard and fast because that was late October. I'm honestly...
This

I read/listened to that same thing and thought oh boy, he better get on it hard and fast because that was late October. I'm honestly bummed. I was hoping that he had been grinding away during the late summer/early fall getting himself in the best shape ever. Then the ankle break. IF he heals and shows up, I am expecting 10th-15th most of the season with the occasional 5th-10th in the last half of the season if he gets a holeshot. There is no way that he is going to stand on the podium in 2018. I suspect that he quits part way through the season when he realizes how far off the pace he is from being out of shape and spending too much time off the bike.
You do realize that the vitards will remember this post, and if Reed does happen to get up on the box, or perhaps even the top step, they'll dredge it up and beat you senseless with it....
BobPA
11/4/2017 2:58pm
Dave #125 wrote:
Does anyone really believe hes not been training? Reedy is the king of "foxing" - been doing that since his junior days.. Also king of social...
Crush wrote:
This.

Dude hasn't shown up out of shape once.
What about his year on Kawasaki where he straight nailed it in?
oshow
11/4/2017 6:13pm
SPYGUY wrote:

He's always ready
oshow
11/4/2017 6:16pm
Dave #125 wrote:
Don't smarten up the sheep
mxjon454
11/4/2017 9:54pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
Iam new here but has anyone noticed all the factory guys other then Deano was already running new factory editions at mec and rbsr and this...
Iam new here but has anyone noticed all the factory guys other then Deano was already running new factory editions at mec and rbsr and this is still a older husky, I doubt he s getting much support from husky
It was said that Deano didnt have the time to test the new stuff that Anderson was running since he raced Des Nations and stuff. Thats why he was on the '17 motor still. Deanos a factory husky rider like Anderson, he'll be on the same good stuff come A1.
Crush
11/5/2017 1:58am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2017 2:33am
BobPA wrote:
Which one? Not sure any would be mailed it in?

His Kawi years were...

2001. Killed it as a MXGP rookie.

2010? DNF'd A1 with spokes in the front wheel, broke his hand round 2 of SX, won opening round of outdoors, dnf'd round two with a busted front brake line, gave Dungey a hard time here and there whilst dealing with a chronic illness that saw him pull out around round 8? He mentioned something about heavy metals and/or blood poisoning and took some pretty big action to fix it. You'd have to argue he was right because he started twotwo that summer and killed it.

2014. 2 wins and was killing it till San Diego.

2015. Forks, Canard, San Diego podium, Atlanta win, so so year for him and then the 360/Non-compete GoPro deal killed it all.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
11/5/2017 2:25am
BobPA wrote:
Crush wrote:
Which one? Not sure any would be mailed it in? His Kawi years were... 2001. Killed it as a MXGP rookie. 2010? DNF'd A1 with spokes...

His Kawi years were...

2010? DNF'd A1 with spokes in the front wheel, broke his hand round 2 of SX, won opening round of outdoors, dnf'd round two with a busted front brake line, gave Dungey a hard time here and there whilst dealing with a chronic illness that saw him pull out around round 8? He mentioned something about heavy metals and/or blood poisoning and took some pretty big action to fix it. You'd have to argue he was right because he started twotwo that summer and killed it.

2015. Forks, Canard, San Diego podium, Atlanta win, so so year for him and then the 360/Non-compete GoPro deal killed it all.
Hey now, let's keep the facts out of this!
kage173
11/5/2017 5:57pm
Every 50+ riders bike/graphic setup for 2018
twotwosix
12/7/2017 8:18am
Looks like Chad will be on the 2018 bike and not the 2019 like the Factory squad...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/7/2017 8:31am
BobPA wrote:
Crush wrote:
Which one? Not sure any would be mailed it in? His Kawi years were... 2001. Killed it as a MXGP rookie. 2010? DNF'd A1 with spokes...

His Kawi years were...

They knew about the GoPro/FLY360 thing before that got rolling...that was more of a stunt than anything.

Post a reply to: Reeds boost husky

The Latest