Reeds Yamaha contract

block75
Is Reeds contract with Yamaha SX only or was it with an option to outdoors if he they both agreed on it?

If Reeds contract was for SX only and if the rumours are true that he is going to another team, then why couldn't he already be on a new bike and getting sorted ready for A1? Or even If it's Sx only deal does it still go through to October like the rest usually do?
|
51xc
7/26/2017 5:18am
maybe because he'll be riding a all new bike next year and he can't buy it yet/the team has none yet.
APLMAN99
7/26/2017 5:21am
block75 wrote:
Is Reeds contract with Yamaha SX only or was it with an option to outdoors if he they both agreed on it? If Reeds contract was...
Is Reeds contract with Yamaha SX only or was it with an option to outdoors if he they both agreed on it?

If Reeds contract was for SX only and if the rumours are true that he is going to another team, then why couldn't he already be on a new bike and getting sorted ready for A1? Or even If it's Sx only deal does it still go through to October like the rest usually do?
His contract may only require racing during the SX season, but it could also include representing the company until the "normal" contract end timeframe.
tprice07
7/26/2017 5:32am
block75 wrote:
Is Reeds contract with Yamaha SX only or was it with an option to outdoors if he they both agreed on it? If Reeds contract was...

APLMAN99 wrote:
His contract may only require racing during the SX season, but it could also include representing the company until the "normal" contract end timeframe.
Is his new deal even done yet?
APLMAN99
7/26/2017 5:36am
block75 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
No idea, I'm talking about his 2017 contract with Yamaha.

The Shop

tprice07
7/26/2017 5:47am
APLMAN99 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
No idea, I'm talking about his 2017 contract with Yamaha.
quoted the wrong like haha sorry. meant to quote the one above.
tingo
7/26/2017 6:38am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2017 6:58am
I'm going out on a limb to say that Reed calls it a career. Maybe we'll see a farewell tour, but I'm doubtful that we'll see him back for the full SX season. He hasn't ridden since Vegas (his own words); seems to be having a lot of fun focusing on his kids; would have to find a new team/deal; and hasn't had the greatest success these past few years compared to where he used to rank in the sport. I won't say that he "has nothing left to prove", as that is up to him. I don't see another race win for him, but would love to be proven wrong.

The guy loves the sport more than most, but at some point, the time comes to walk away from the racing and enjoy it in a different capacity. I could see him being a team manager or brand ambassador, but I've got my money on him settling into the moto dad role and maybe trying to get into four-wheel motorsports.
MX Culture
7/26/2017 7:24am
has 2 more races with the team as of now.
Monster Cup and USGP.
Hoping he stays blue, but I don't think he will.
davistld01
7/26/2017 8:23am
I say Reed joins RCH on the new factory Suzuki for his 2018 SX farewell tour. Wink
cali11
7/26/2017 8:42am
davistld01 wrote:
I say Reed joins RCH on the new factory Suzuki for his 2018 SX farewell tour. Wink
Wait isn't JGR taking over factory Suzuki?
F.B
7/26/2017 8:48am
I think he will either go to JGR or retire.
cali11
7/26/2017 9:13am
Dude was on fire in Vegas
HuskyEd
7/26/2017 9:20am
Monster Cup? Don't contracts usually end Sept 30?
twotwosix
7/26/2017 10:21am
You probably wont see Reed riding much until the AUSX Open.
oshow
7/26/2017 10:25am
block75 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
tprice07 wrote:
No
davistld01
7/26/2017 10:39am
davistld01 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Hmmmm...I'm confused. Maybe RCH is Factory Yoshimura Suzuki...and JGR is Factory Suzuki.

Hell, I don't know.

Somebody clear this up, please.
jonesaustin
7/26/2017 10:58am
davistld01 wrote:
That's a very good idea. Agreed.
Zycki11
7/26/2017 1:10pm
I think reed may stay blue. He just wants to ride the new one first. I think he would do well on Ktm and the steel frame
Jay Cee
7/26/2017 1:30pm
No way he retires before the gates drop on A1, None..Zero.

If not for the drive to continue, Reedy is not about to hang it up right after two other high profile guys.. He's a showman, he'll go out when the spot lights have all refocused on 'The Chad'.

That and he's still got a couple records to lay claim to.. I think all time starts is one, and oldest winning rider might be the other.

More Chad = More entertainment.
block75
7/27/2017 3:30am
RCH or JGR would seem the best fit for one more year, and he always liked the Suzuki. I've heard rumours of yellow but wasn't sure if his contract was up yet or if it went through to September / October like most.
kkawboy14
7/27/2017 6:29am
I wonder if Reed and Stewart are playing a lot of golf together?
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
7/27/2017 6:31am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2017 8:20am
davistld01 wrote:
cali11 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Hmmmm...I'm confused. Maybe RCH is Factory Yoshimura Suzuki...and JGR is Factory Suzuki.

Hell, I don't know.

Somebody clear this up, please.
don't worry about it....sounds like RCH is finished ...
tingo
7/27/2017 7:54am
Jay Cee wrote:
No way he retires before the gates drop on A1, None..Zero. If not for the drive to continue, Reedy is not about to hang it up...
No way he retires before the gates drop on A1, None..Zero.

If not for the drive to continue, Reedy is not about to hang it up right after two other high profile guys.. He's a showman, he'll go out when the spot lights have all refocused on 'The Chad'.

That and he's still got a couple records to lay claim to.. I think all time starts is one, and oldest winning rider might be the other.

More Chad = More entertainment.
Ahhh, yes, I forgot about him nearing the record for most starts. Regardless, I'll stick to my prediction. He's got heaps of money, his health, a great career behind him, and a beautiful family to grow old with. Logic dictates that those things outweigh any upside of going racing again, but racing dirtbikes isn't exactly a logical decision to begin with.
KAWI642
7/27/2017 9:30am
tingo wrote:
I'm going out on a limb to say that Reed calls it a career. Maybe we'll see a farewell tour, but I'm doubtful that we'll see...
I'm going out on a limb to say that Reed calls it a career. Maybe we'll see a farewell tour, but I'm doubtful that we'll see him back for the full SX season. He hasn't ridden since Vegas (his own words); seems to be having a lot of fun focusing on his kids; would have to find a new team/deal; and hasn't had the greatest success these past few years compared to where he used to rank in the sport. I won't say that he "has nothing left to prove", as that is up to him. I don't see another race win for him, but would love to be proven wrong.

The guy loves the sport more than most, but at some point, the time comes to walk away from the racing and enjoy it in a different capacity. I could see him being a team manager or brand ambassador, but I've got my money on him settling into the moto dad role and maybe trying to get into four-wheel motorsports.
that would be the smart play....
mikec265
7/27/2017 10:24am
If there's one guy to not bet against or make assumptions about.....

Post a reply to: Reeds Yamaha contract

The Latest