Reed's Tweet

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2010 8:11 AM

Glen Helen's approval rating is falling faster than a political figure these days or what? This may have been posted already but here it is again:

CRTwoTwo: Confirmed!! I will not be at the USGP glen Hellen sucks so dangerous. Good luck to the gp guys

|

Shop Local-Free Shipping www.glenssportcenter.com

5/7/2010 8:14 AM

Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the safety issues?

|

Funny (and true) quote deleted at the request of miedosoracing1.

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

5/7/2010 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:40 PM

Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully....

YES.

I think he is getting a little older, a family man, a business man and most importantly a father to Tate and I believe this has a lot to do with the new outspoken attitude. It is completely normal for the majority of pro sports. When you're younger you just don't care as much and don't feel the responsability you do when you get older and are a dad.

I think it is perfectly fine and I think he will win the outdoor title again this year with the maturity he has.

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

5/7/2010 8:18 AM

panic revver wrote:

Anyone else think Reed's attitude has changed. Is it fatherhood or just years of just doing it and now it is coming out about all the safety issues?

It seems to me that it has changed, makes you kind of wonder about his decision not to race Daytona too. But hey, if I had live his career, had his money, and was a new father, you couldn't get me to do anything that I didn't want to do either.

|

5/7/2010 8:23 AM

Reed's thumb was broken at Daytona. He wanted to ride and told me he thought he could win, but then he went down and that was that.

DC
MX Sports

|

5/7/2010 8:25 AM

He's also in a position now where his achievements have earned him the requisite amount of respect, and his financial position gives him a level of independence where he is probably no longer bothered if his actions have negative consequences.

|

5/7/2010 8:37 AM

It seems like it's 50/50 with pro riders that like the track or not.

Whatever, I think socal fans should all be pumped. They got a national AND a gp to attend now if they wish along with like 10 anaheim's and a san diego. Must be nice!

Reed can say what he wants.

|

5/7/2010 9:06 AM

When you win as much as Reed has you can talk and people listen.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

5/7/2010 9:59 AM

When you win as muich as Reed has you can say what you want. Unlike Josh Grant.

|

5/7/2010 10:31 AM

panic revver wrote:

Kids change everything.
Fatherhood even mellowed Brian Deegan a few notches.
Comments about fatherhood around 10:20

http://etnies.com/blog/2009/12/10/deegan-paid-to-play/

|

Thanks to FLY Racing.

5/7/2010 11:17 AM

This is all getting blown into a big fat Whine festival.

|

5/7/2010 4:21 PM

Regis wrote:

Taking absolutely nothing away from him at all because I think he is one of the greatest ever. Respectfully....

YES.

I think he is getting a little older, a family man, a business man and most importantly a father to Tate and I believe this has a lot to do with the new outspoken attitude. It is completely normal for the majority of pro sports. When you're younger you just don't care as much and don't feel the responsability you do when you get older and are a dad.

I think it is perfectly fine and I think he will win the outdoor title again this year with the maturity he has.

Along with what you said, I think the loss of one of his closet friends also might have something to with it.

|

5/7/2010 4:24 PM

Regis wrote:

YES.

Localsteez wrote:

Along with what you said, I think the loss of one of his closet friends also might have something to with it.

In addition to the story out of GH this week about less than open-minded track employees regarding safety....

|

5/7/2010 4:37 PM

Chad's a much different guy than he was a couple years ago...for the better.

He's never been afraid to speak his mind.

|

5/7/2010 4:41 PM

I think it has to do with a few things:

-Financial Security
-End of Career
-Nothing else to prove
-Loss of friend
-Kid

Likely in that order....

He can piss everyone off and it won't affect his standard of living....where as when he was younger, and still had championships he wanted to win, and didn't have the financial security, and still had a ton to prove....he was less inclined to ruffle feathers (though he's always spoke his mind)...

I like him more and more every year.

|

5/7/2010 4:41 PM

GuyB wrote:

Chad's a much different guy than he was a couple years ago...for the better.

He's never been afraid to speak his mind.

Same attitude towards racing tho? After his blow up after Phx and saying he couldn't wait to be done, the track safety issues coming up, his kid being born...does he still have that killer drive that he has had in the past?

|

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

5/7/2010 4:45 PM

Let's wait until three or four rounds into the outdoors before we start to try to answer that question.

After talking with him for a bit today, I'd say that Andrew McFarlane's death affected him and quite a few of the pro riders a lot, so right now is not a great time to try and answer that one.

|

5/7/2010 4:45 PM

panic revver wrote:

Same attitude towards racing tho? After his blow up after Phx and saying he couldn't wait to be done, the track safety issues coming up, his kid being born...does he still have that killer drive that he has had in the past?

Why does an eye on safer conditions exclude "killer drive"?

|

5/7/2010 4:55 PM

So Reed thinks GH sucks... never saw that coming!

|

5/7/2010 4:57 PM

Let's face it the pace of supercross is just dangerous, but the sport has always been dangerous. I think that mototcross is just way better for the sport then supercross. I'm only 16 but I know that alot of guys get hurt and will get hurt worrying about speed, speed, speed. It's all in the technique.

|

" To hell with them. When history is written they will be the sons of bitches - not I. "
Harry S. Truman

5/7/2010 5:29 PM

It's not the speed, it's the sudden stops.

Supercross is part of the sport...especially here in the U.S.

|

5/7/2010 7:21 PM

Chad has always spoke what he thought, most people hated on him for it. And has always been a tough SOB.

|

5/7/2010 7:45 PM

Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't wait for the outdoors. Wish RV wasn't hurt and James was riding the entire series.

|

5/7/2010 7:47 PM

fatherhood makes us all re assess.

We just don't realise how much at the time . Its not about you anymore , its the kids etc.

|

5/7/2010 7:49 PM

GuyB wrote:

Especially the sudden stops with a non-moving object!pinch

|

5/7/2010 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2010 8:14 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

Chad's drive shouldn't be questioned right now. He is going about things in a different way. Relaxed, and having fun is a deadly combo. I can't wait for the outdoors. Wish RV wasn't hurt and James was riding the entire series.

Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all that other stuff seems to be playing into it. I'm not sure he is relaxed and being the competitor he is, I doubt it will be fun for him finishing off the box for very long either.

|

5/7/2010 8:15 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

panic revver wrote:

Why shouldn't it? He is still under contract and making a shit load of money and we are fans of his. I agree fatherhood and all that other stuff seems to be playing into it. I'm not sure he is relaxed and being the competitor he is, I doubt it will be fun for him finishing off the box for very long either.

I have a feeling that Reed will bring it tomorrow. He is aware that his seasons with a race win streak is on the line

|

5/7/2010 8:34 PM

GuyB wrote:

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

Especially the sudden stops with a non-moving object!pinch

WTF.. As opposed to the sudden stops with a moving object?

|

5/7/2010 8:52 PM

panic revver wrote:

We are looking at it differently. I understand for supercross. But the outdoors is a different story. He is obviously driven for that.

|