Reed's Searching.

Braaap14
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2013 8:00am
snpester
"Any way of comparing set ups with the muscle milk guys? Seems like they got the new bike dialed"

@snpester I sometimes envy the kids and what they will ride through... This week we've gone different direction from them what works for them clearly isn't working for me✌
|
1/18/2013 8:09am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2013 8:09am
imo more like he envys the "kids" youth and that they have more good years in front of them rather than behind

and yes i like chad
peelout
1/18/2013 8:32am
mototed 82 wrote:
imo more like he envys the "kids" youth and that they have more good years in front of them rather than behind and yes i like...
imo more like he envys the "kids" youth and that they have more good years in front of them rather than behind

and yes i like chad
yeah, i highly doubt that.

more like he is the most picky about bike setup, and what works for them doesn't necessarily work for him.

that's like saying Stewart is envious of Dungey because Dungey's setup on Suzuki clearly didn't work for him when he moved to Suzuki.

whatever it is, 4th is nothing to be disturbed about. now if we get into week 10 and he's still searching, then it is time to start wondering.
Jt$
1/18/2013 8:39am
In my experience, the older I got, the more picky I became with bike setup. Might be the case here.
fader418
1/18/2013 8:40am
I hope Reedy does better tomorrow night... Just at least beat Dungey for me Smile

The Shop

mojoman42
1/18/2013 8:45am
Where'd he say that? I don't see it on his twitter.
exsarg
1/18/2013 9:05am
Jt$ wrote:
In my experience, the older I got, the more picky I became with bike setup. Might be the case here.
damn it jt. your his bud. please ask him and then tell us. on a side note. whats your pick for best stock 450. for a vet intermediate who will spend a grand on suspension? 5 foot 9. 175 lbs
TeamGreen
1/18/2013 9:08am
Ergos, how "you" ride the bike, tires...etc. It all changes how the bike feels to each rider. That and Chad has always set his bikes up "his" way...

He's got THE Crew: they WILL get this thing figured out
1/18/2013 9:09am
mojoman42 wrote:
if it has @name at the beginning you have to be a follower of both in order to see it.
mojoman42
1/18/2013 9:10am
mojoman42 wrote:
if it has @name at the beginning you have to be a follower of both in order to see it.
Nah I found it, it was a comment on an instagram picture, not his twitter.
Jt$
1/18/2013 9:11am
exsarg wrote:
damn it jt. your his bud. please ask him and then tell us. on a side note. whats your pick for best stock 450. for a...
damn it jt. your his bud. please ask him and then tell us. on a side note. whats your pick for best stock 450. for a vet intermediate who will spend a grand on suspension? 5 foot 9. 175 lbs
I really like my Suzuki but the new Honda is nice also. Kawasaki is a great bike, just feels a bit big for me. I haven't spent much time on the KTM yet so can't comment.
exsarg
1/18/2013 9:22am
ive been a yammy guy since i got back into the sport. waitin to see some pics of the 14 yz 450. but the rm has me thinkin of a change, great to see a pro postin here and answering are questions. thanks!!.
Braaap14
1/18/2013 10:13am
Jt$ wrote:
he's doing great, not winning but we're at round 3... that's ok.

hope it gets sorted and he comes out firing
1/18/2013 10:37am
peelout wrote:
yeah, i highly doubt that. more like he is the most picky about bike setup, and what works for them doesn't necessarily work for him. that's...
yeah, i highly doubt that.

more like he is the most picky about bike setup, and what works for them doesn't necessarily work for him.

that's like saying Stewart is envious of Dungey because Dungey's setup on Suzuki clearly didn't work for him when he moved to Suzuki.

whatever it is, 4th is nothing to be disturbed about. now if we get into week 10 and he's still searching, then it is time to start wondering.
i said it before , remove newcomer barcia , previously hurt canard and refreshed milsaps from the first 2 rounds , Reed would be leading in points with 2 second places
slipdog
1/18/2013 10:43am
If you remove my Uncle's dick he becomes my Aunt, but I don't see what that has to do with the price of Tea in China.

J/K, Reed will be just fine.
danman
1/18/2013 11:23am
slipdog wrote:
If you remove my Uncle's dick he becomes my Aunt, but I don't see what that has to do with the price of Tea in China...
If you remove my Uncle's dick he becomes my Aunt, but I don't see what that has to do with the price of Tea in China.

ROFLAO!!! LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
1/18/2013 11:45am
slipdog wrote:
If you remove my Uncle's dick he becomes my Aunt, but I don't see what that has to do with the price of Tea in China...

haha , only saying by any other years standard hes doing fine ,
rhargrave431
1/18/2013 11:57am
Reedy didn't even get on the box until Oakland in 2011, and then he won San Diego. He will be fine
DrSweden
1/18/2013 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/18/2013 3:15pm
Dunno how much to be expected from Reed at this point, maybe he will still find some motivation, but maybe one should aim for some Windham-ish performance from now on? Like, nice to see him around, but after a decade, is it even possible to keep pushing?

ando
1/18/2013 3:38pm
DrSweden wrote:
Dunno how much to be expected from Reed at this point, maybe he will still find some motivation, but maybe one should aim for some Windham-ish...
Dunno how much to be expected from Reed at this point, maybe he will still find some motivation, but maybe one should aim for some Windham-ish performance from now on? Like, nice to see him around, but after a decade, is it even possible to keep pushing?

Laughing

Good point though. I don't think, based on all I've ever heard from him, that Chad will continue down the path that Windham has. I think when the time comes he realises that he isn't a genuine championship contender, he will give it away.

It is only two races into the season, so a little early to tell. However I find the last two years of his career a contrast to the long era before that. It appeared that he had abandoned just a little of his consistent, in-it-for-the-long-haul approach. It has certainly delivered results, with no-one doubting that he can run with Villopoto and Dungey indoors and outdoors. That said, it has also netted him the worst crashes and injuries in what has been a spectacularly injury-free career, especially considering the nature of the sport. A bit of me can't help feeling that those two things are related, and that by backing off to regain his former consistency he will also drop the pace.

Time will tell.
peelout
1/18/2013 4:06pm
He's been proving the naysayers wrong for years, fuel for the fire
davistld01
1/18/2013 4:44pm
Like it's been said earlier...Reedy will be fine. He can outride most of the class with his eyes closed and riding a factory Vespa.
Hando
1/18/2013 7:21pm
whats that saying..paul these of race tech said it "the best you've ridden is all you know" ??
Motodude
1/19/2013 7:01am
he's looking for the right setup , when he gets it watch out.
Cook441
1/19/2013 7:48am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2013 7:50am
That comment about remove the top guys and hes right where he should be is BS...Reed may not have been the fastest guy in practice in years past but come race time he's always within tenths of leaaders...this year t RD in third pulled 14 seconds on Reed at A1. It's not his placement of .4th thats got him scratching his head the placement is fine it's that he is almost 2 seconds off....He is picky. I remember last year and when he finally won they asked what it was and he said Ive been trying all these new tires and the front felt like it was gonna give if I pushed so honestly we just went back to last years tire and it made the difference....

I want to see Reed get that push it feeling back because he's capable of anything- just like the 5 second gap close down last lap pass he put on last weeks winner here-
Denn700
1/19/2013 7:57am
Cook441 wrote:
That comment about remove the top guys and hes right where he should be is BS...Reed may not have been the fastest guy in practice in...
That comment about remove the top guys and hes right where he should be is BS...Reed may not have been the fastest guy in practice in years past but come race time he's always within tenths of leaaders...this year t RD in third pulled 14 seconds on Reed at A1. It's not his placement of .4th thats got him scratching his head the placement is fine it's that he is almost 2 seconds off....He is picky. I remember last year and when he finally won they asked what it was and he said Ive been trying all these new tires and the front felt like it was gonna give if I pushed so honestly we just went back to last years tire and it made the difference....

I want to see Reed get that push it feeling back because he's capable of anything- just like the 5 second gap close down last lap pass he put on last weeks winner here-
Reed was hauling the mail in that race. There is another better quality video of that race somewhere.
Cook441
1/19/2013 8:00am
Cook441 wrote:
That comment about remove the top guys and hes right where he should be is BS...Reed may not have been the fastest guy in practice in...

Denn700 wrote:
Reed was hauling the mail in that race. There is another better quality video of that race somewhere.
yeah I know and Barcia was gone pulled a huge gap and somehow Reed Reeled him in Smile I didnt put the time in to get it and didnt know how many would watch the whole thing- Reeds not back entirely to his old self yet thats all I am saying

Post a reply to: Reed's Searching.

The Latest