Reed's MEC bike

Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 3:49pm
Armored Graphix killed it with Reed's MEC graphics.. that matte finish with the subtle camo and bold Zook logo on the shrouds is a super bitchin look

|
tobz
10/3/2018 7:41pm
I like matte, but that's too much black for mine.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
10/3/2018 7:42pm
Wow that's beautiful. Thanks for posting it!
10/3/2018 8:11pm
Armored Graphix killed it with Reed's MEC graphics.. that matte finish with the subtle camo and bold Zook logo on the shrouds is a super bitchin...
Armored Graphix killed it with Reed's MEC graphics.. that matte finish with the subtle camo and bold Zook logo on the shrouds is a super bitchin look

Thank you!

The Shop

10/3/2018 8:13pm
Armored Graphix killed it with Reed's MEC graphics.. that matte finish with the subtle camo and bold Zook logo on the shrouds is a super bitchin...

Thank you!
Coming to Des Nations? I'll have the one the only CarloG with me Woohoo
bvm111
10/3/2018 8:15pm
I’ve never been a Suzuki fan... but that is one bitchin looking motorcycle l!
YZ324
10/3/2018 8:23pm
The camo is so camo I had to look a few times to see it!

The whole bike looks SICK! Love it!
moscrop940
10/3/2018 8:28pm
Maybe this isn’t a question to ask on this thread, but I’m 3 Jameson’s down and don’t really care if this gets lost in the annals of Vital....

When a rider has success on a bike, moves on from said bike, and struggles from that point forward....why don’t they figure out how to get back to their winning formula.

Examples being:
Chad on Suzuki
Gautier Paulin on Kawasaki
Kyle regal on his privateer Honda (some might remember he podiumed on his private Honda effort only to get picked up by a factory team and never got back to his form)

I know there are a million reasons why riders do what they do; but you would really figure that at some point they have to look back at their success and realize the bike may have been the “X” factor.

Anyways, if Chad became a contender for the title this season, I would, in no way, be shocked....I think him on yellow is a match made in heaven, and after this season we may all think “what could have been” had he stayed on Suzuki just a bit longer 10 years ago.../
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
10/3/2018 8:28pm
Looks awesome. Hoping he can put that thing in the top 5.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
10/3/2018 8:32pm

Thank you!
What awesome kits do you have for an 18 CRF450R? That's some fine work you did there!
10/3/2018 8:52pm

Thank you!
Coming to Des Nations? I'll have the one the only CarloG with me Woohoo
Was until this morning unfortunately. Very bummed to have to pull the plug at the 11th hour, but have some pressing things here to handle now. Only other des Nations I have been to is Budds in 2007. Hands down the best experience I have ever had in 25 years of moto. You boys have a blast up there!
10/3/2018 8:55pm

Thank you!
Graybeard wrote:
What awesome kits do you have for an 18 CRF450R? That's some fine work you did there!
I appreciate it! I would invite you to simply browse our Honda kits on our website www.armoredgraphix.com or do what most folks do and cruise our Instagram account @armoredgraphixinc , find a Honda you like, and send it to us saying "Hey, can I get this?" Thanks again!
10/3/2018 8:58pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Maybe this isn’t a question to ask on this thread, but I’m 3 Jameson’s down and don’t really care if this gets lost in the annals...
Maybe this isn’t a question to ask on this thread, but I’m 3 Jameson’s down and don’t really care if this gets lost in the annals of Vital....

When a rider has success on a bike, moves on from said bike, and struggles from that point forward....why don’t they figure out how to get back to their winning formula.

Examples being:
Chad on Suzuki
Kyle regal on his privateer Honda (some might remember he podiumed on his private Honda effort only to get picked up by a factory team and never got back to his form)

I know there are a million reasons why riders do what they do; but you would really figure that at some point they have to look back at their success and realize the bike may have been the “X” factor.

Anyways, if Chad became a contender for the title this season, I would, in no way, be shocked....I think him on yellow is a match made in heaven, and after this season we may all think “what could have been” had he stayed on Suzuki just a bit longer 10 years ago.../
This tho...
moscrop940
10/3/2018 9:05pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Maybe this isn’t a question to ask on this thread, but I’m 3 Jameson’s down and don’t really care if this gets lost in the annals...

Examples being:
Chad on Suzuki

This tho...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/03/291284/s1200_IMG_5911.jpg[/img]
This tho...
Anytime you are down in the Palm Springs area, give me a call. My liquor cabinet is ready to roll son!
gerg
10/3/2018 9:20pm
I always thought the JGR graphics were by far and noticeably the best.

The placement of some of the colors in particularly the blues (not in this particular set) really take it to the next level.
drt410
10/3/2018 9:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 10:09pm
Agreed. These were the most professional looking graphics/bikes. Those forks/rims really pushed it over the top too. This was by far the best their bikes have looked yet and probably were the cleanest looking bikes out there. Then well get to see their new/less badass graphics on the 250’s now that they have the 450 plastics and have changed a bit.

Thatll be awesome to have full team uniformity, whereas Honda, Kawi, KTM, Yamaha have separate 250 teams with different graphics obviously. I think Husky is the only other brand along with Suzuki with the same team for 250/450’s.

Now that I think of it its kind of weird that KTM uses Tld over here for their 250 effort where over seas their 450 team looks just like their 250 factory team with red bull KTM... just like our 450 team. I never thought about or noticed this before. If anyone, youd think KTM would have everybody under the same tent.

Anyways check out this beauty

MelonFan123
10/3/2018 11:31pm
Hmmmm, a whole lot more Suzuki and a lot less Auto Trader than the shrouds of the 18 bikes
Rotaholic
10/4/2018 1:25am
Man just say he is signed already, this is killing me. Graphics are sick, just needed one red stripe on the seat rib, or ditch the yellow rib all together. Too distracting from epic graphics
10/4/2018 1:51am

Thank you!
That's some tidy work brother
10/4/2018 1:57am
moscrop940 wrote:

Examples being:
Chad on Suzuki

This tho...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/03/291284/s1200_IMG_5911.jpg[/img]
This tho...
moscrop940 wrote:
Anytime you are down in the Palm Springs area, give me a call. My liquor cabinet is ready to roll son!
How far does that invitation go? Love me the best of Irish although I am sipping on a Glenfidich 12yo as I sit here about to board the plane to LAX on route to the best show on earth Cool
ga_pike
10/4/2018 4:51am
As a Suzuki fan, these don't do it for me... but I hope Chad does extremely well and secures a ride for 2019.
AZRider
10/4/2018 4:58am
Bike looks amazing and I think he is going to ride well, but conservatively. Does he go balls to the wall to prove he has the speed, or does he back it down a notch to make sure he stays healthy?
DonM
10/4/2018 5:07am
Hmmmm, a whole lot more Suzuki and a lot less Auto Trader than the shrouds of the 18 bikes
They will be gone in 19....
10/4/2018 5:29am
DonM wrote:
Yup. “Your name here” at the moment, I do believe..
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
10/4/2018 6:31am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 6:42am
I always think the JGR bikes look by far the worst of any of the factory bikes.

All the other bikes have one defining sponsor logo thats a big statement - Kawasaki Monster Claw, KTM Red Bull, Geico Honda etc etc etc. The logo is the centre of a cohesive design.

JGR always feels like there's 50 sponsors vying to be the main one all slapped on over a Black, White, yellow and another colour background.

Geico is Red, Black and White as a base. Then the Geico is a statement Yellow. Theres some other sponsor colours in there but they dont hald anywhere near the weight of the base + one statement.

That Blue and yellow version is Black, White, Blue and Yellow as a base. Then Black or white or red or orange logos or sponsors in almost equal weight aro on the shrouds. Its just cluttered.

Now the team that does multiple colours as a base great is TLD. They are incredible. They do multiple colours in big bold blocks not throughout. They will also use different colour plastics so its not a colour stuck on another colour, but instead its a seamless block of colour. And often logo and/or colour will be incorporated into the block design. its cohesive.

The black camo reed bike for example is black/camo stickers on yellow plastics. Its not looking at the bike as a cohesive whole. If it wants to be black, go black plastics and pepper Suzuki Yellow into the graphics. Here the yellow is peppered around the edge of each plastic, meaning that every plastic piece feels seperate rather than part of the design.

Anyway the TLD bikes are fucking incredible looking. JGR bikes seem to be inspired by the front of Nascar race suits.

ga_pike
10/4/2018 6:50am
DonM wrote:
Yup. “Your name here” at the moment, I do believe..
Well.. JGR has existing relationships with Toyota, FedEx, M&Ms, Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, Craftsman, Rheem, Arris, NOS, Peak, Tide, GameStop, Sport Clips, and Menards. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't figure out a way to get all or some of those sponsors worked into the package. Maybe a different title sponsor each week and rotate through? Or even a different title sponsor per bike (like NASCAR)? I think FedEx, Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, and Craftsman would make great SX/MX sponsors.
10/4/2018 6:57am
ga_pike wrote:
Well.. JGR has existing relationships with Toyota, FedEx, M&Ms, Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, Craftsman, Rheem, Arris, NOS, Peak, Tide, GameStop, Sport Clips, and Menards. I wouldn't be...
Well.. JGR has existing relationships with Toyota, FedEx, M&Ms, Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, Craftsman, Rheem, Arris, NOS, Peak, Tide, GameStop, Sport Clips, and Menards. I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't figure out a way to get all or some of those sponsors worked into the package. Maybe a different title sponsor each week and rotate through? Or even a different title sponsor per bike (like NASCAR)? I think FedEx, Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, and Craftsman would make great SX/MX sponsors.
You'd think it would be that easy, huh?? JGR has one of the best in the business in David Evans as their marketing manager... David Evans is the man responsible for bringing together Chevy Trucks and Team Factory Kawasaki in the early 2000s. David really "gets it" when it comes to this kind of stuff... He works closely with Coy on the NASCAR side if things too, so if it were as easy as cherry picking sponsors from their cup car team, I'm sure they'd already be headed down that road..

Post a reply to: Reed's MEC bike

The Latest