Reed's JGR Contract?

AZRider
Edited Date/Time 12/22/2018 12:04am
First let me state that I wish Weston Peick all the best and cant wait for him to make a full recovery. Dude is a bad ass and I love watching him ride.

Next up, Does this mean Reed will get his JGR contract? I can't imagine WP is going to be back for A1. I know this isn't the way Reedy would like for it to happen, but racing motorcycles can be brutal. I have to think that the parties involved are already hard at work, even harder than they were before. JGRMX is always big about having a fill in rider.

Thoughts?
|
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
11/20/2018 2:46pm
I would assume WP wouldn't make it back in time for Anaheim, and I'd assume that means Reed gets the ride. However, I doubt they'll announce anything anytime too soon in respect to Peick and family.
kb228
11/20/2018 3:01pm
I dont think a fill in is something thats even crossed anyones mind yet. But i agree with the op. Reed gets the ride.
chaseodc
11/20/2018 3:09pm
It appeared (to me atleast) that Reed was in before the injury. I know nothing official was announced or probably signed but both parties sure were putting alot of effort in to just walk away right before SX.
rdrurypi
11/20/2018 3:26pm
I can’t imagine that with 10 facial fractures and multiple surgeries in his future, that he will be able to race SX this year. Sounds like he needs substantial time to heal. I would guess that JGR has already made calls to get a replacement rider lined up.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/20/2018 3:29pm
rdrurypi wrote:
I can’t imagine that with 10 facial fractures and multiple surgeries in his future, that he will be able to race SX this year. Sounds like...
I can’t imagine that with 10 facial fractures and multiple surgeries in his future, that he will be able to race SX this year. Sounds like he needs substantial time to heal. I would guess that JGR has already made calls to get a replacement rider lined up.
You mean a call to a specific replacement rider already riding the bike down in Australia?
moto0852
11/20/2018 3:34pm
kb228 wrote:
I dont think a fill in is something thats even crossed anyones mind yet. But i agree with the op. Reed gets the ride.
If you've ever worked on a team you know it's one of the First things that cross their minds.
swtwtwtw
11/20/2018 3:56pm
Like Hannah taking Hansen’s spot at Honda in ‘83. Except peick will be back.
bvm111
11/20/2018 4:06pm
Wow... don’t you think it’s a little classless to start this discussion at this point?
gerg
11/20/2018 4:33pm
bvm111 wrote:
Wow... don’t you think it’s a little classless to start this discussion at this point?
Oh for crying out loud.
mx317
11/20/2018 4:34pm
bvm111 wrote:
Not the way he worded it.
AZRider
11/20/2018 4:36pm
bvm111 wrote:
Really? Its business, and if you think otherwise you are seriously deluded. Takes NOTHING away from the concern or respect for Weston Peick.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
11/20/2018 4:42pm
WP is still in an induced coma. I love the dudes style and one of my favourite riders.
But this isn't a small injury.

Id be surprised to see him back for any of the races next year.
He is one of the toughest riders out there and deserves the very best.. How ever.. as said prior.. he still has many surgery's ahead.
To not have a bike on the track though does cost the team money. so i dare say Reed will take the ride.
But i think WP will take it slow with recovery.

I wish him and the family the very best!
kiwifan
11/20/2018 5:01pm
I was actually hoping Reed might be in at Motoconcepts, but that seems to not be the case?
rdrurypi
11/20/2018 5:02pm
bvm111 wrote:
It is a bit classless, but it’s the reality of this dangerous business. They have business partners that probably require at least two 450 to be on the gate. Hopefully WP can be ready to race in a few months, but he has a long road ahead of him.
mb60
11/20/2018 5:09pm
Dean Wilson?
I was wondering the same thing or Josh Grant. Prayers to Weston and hope he makes a full recovery. But I'm sure JGR sponsors to see 2 riders on the track. That's just the business side of the sport.
Honda11
11/20/2018 5:09pm
I remember Reed saying he pretty much needed to win the Aus-x open to secure his ride with JGR. That didn't happen so I wonder what happened after?

He wasn't in Paris was he? Unless Reed just didn't want to go, I don't see why he wasn't in Paris if he was on the team.

Of course, everything may have changed now after Peicks injury. It would be kind of embarrassing to boot the guy and call him up a week later offering a ride, but Reed probably has to take any ride he can get.
Crush
11/20/2018 5:40pm
Nothing classless about addressing the reality of a situation in a respectful manner. OP did that.

And 100% JGR have already talked about it. It's not bad to talk about difficult things people. Number one problem in 2018.
ga_pike
11/20/2018 6:06pm
Crush wrote:
Nothing classless about addressing the reality of a situation in a respectful manner. OP did that. And 100% JGR have already talked about it. It's not...
Nothing classless about addressing the reality of a situation in a respectful manner. OP did that.

And 100% JGR have already talked about it. It's not bad to talk about difficult things people. Number one problem in 2018.
This. If anything, JGR needs to understand the situation completely and get a rider in place ASAP to maximize testing and prep opportunities. Reed seems like the obvious choice but if they already had a handshake deal in place for SX only, it might make sense to call Wilson and keep Reed on the existing track.
BobKerr
11/20/2018 6:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 6:16pm
kiwifan wrote:
I was actually hoping Reed might be in at Motoconcepts, but that seems to not be the case?
Motoconcepts is working on getting funding to hire Malcolm for the 2019 SX season.
11/20/2018 7:07pm
Honda11 wrote:
I remember Reed saying he pretty much needed to win the Aus-x open to secure his ride with JGR. That didn't happen so I wonder what...
I remember Reed saying he pretty much needed to win the Aus-x open to secure his ride with JGR. That didn't happen so I wonder what happened after?

He wasn't in Paris was he? Unless Reed just didn't want to go, I don't see why he wasn't in Paris if he was on the team.

Of course, everything may have changed now after Peicks injury. It would be kind of embarrassing to boot the guy and call him up a week later offering a ride, but Reed probably has to take any ride he can get.
Reed is racing in New Zealand this weekend, he showed solid speed at AUSX open. I would say the ink is drying on his contract.
jemcee
11/20/2018 7:23pm
Crush wrote:
Nothing classless about addressing the reality of a situation in a respectful manner. OP did that. And 100% JGR have already talked about it. It's not...

Hiring Reed would solve their SX situation
Now I wonder who they could possibly get for outdoors?! I mean in a perfect replacement world for them he'd be free from any major sponsor ties and had shown world class speed before.. But I mean someone like that doesn't exist surely...
Honda11
11/20/2018 7:50pm
Honda11 wrote:
I remember Reed saying he pretty much needed to win the Aus-x open to secure his ride with JGR. That didn't happen so I wonder what...

Reed is racing in New Zealand this weekend, he showed solid speed at AUSX open. I would say the ink is drying on his contract.
I haven't really followed much racing since the Monster Cup, which Reed looked good and comfortable on the bike. Hopefully he gets/got the ride for '19. Good to see he will be racing this weekend. Was there a reason he didn't race Paris?
11/20/2018 7:56pm
WP, it’s such an animal and so gnarly tough . All of this meant in positive way. I will bet you money he tells the doctors to get me back to a “functional state”. Any of the pretty boy stuff, I can do later after my Moto career .
Honestly believe this.

Go WP!
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
11/20/2018 8:06pm
Honda11 wrote:

I don't think winning the Aus X open would have had much bearing either way on his contract status for next year with JGR. It was hardly an accurate dress rehearsal for next year, whether he won or not.

Reed's been in australia with his family and will be heading over to new zealand for this weekends race there. Wouldn't have been a simple task to get him over to Paris on short notice given the JGR guys were last minute additions after Marvin dropped out. Its a bit more of a trek from this side of the world.
jeffro503
11/20/2018 8:10pm
bvm111 wrote:
I hear ya Barron , but to be honest , they are probably looking to fill that seat here real soon before they run out of options. I know Lou and Weston , and I'm sure they are thinking of a lot of things at the moment......and who may keep that seat warm for Weston's return , ain't one of them. Right now the Peick's are looking at a pretty long road to get Weston back out there healthy. And Team JGR is an extremely classy group , but they are also a business. Having Reed fill in until Weston comes back , seems like a no brainier to me.
jeffro503
11/20/2018 8:13pm
WP, it’s such an animal and so gnarly tough . All of this meant in positive way. I will bet you money he tells the doctors...
WP, it’s such an animal and so gnarly tough . All of this meant in positive way. I will bet you money he tells the doctors to get me back to a “functional state”. Any of the pretty boy stuff, I can do later after my Moto career .
Honestly believe this.

Go WP!
Haha.... I'm pretty sure you nailed it! Weston don't care about looks , he just wants to race his damn bike!
Whitey
11/20/2018 9:48pm
Don't forget and correct me if I am wrong but it seems most fill in rides are not paid rides, basically a bike and expenses. If what you hear about Chad and JGR's communications are, that is pretty much where they are at anyway (bikes, parts, no salary from them) but I would assume he wants a salary.

If anything this will make JGR try even harder (if possible) to get that funding needed to get Chad on the Team
Dobson110
Fantasy
42nd
11/20/2018 9:50pm
Crush wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Hiring Reed would solve their SX situation Now I wonder who they could possibly get for outdoors?! I mean in a perfect replacement world for them...
Hiring Reed would solve their SX situation
Now I wonder who they could possibly get for outdoors?! I mean in a perfect replacement world for them he'd be free from any major sponsor ties and had shown world class speed before.. But I mean someone like that doesn't exist surely...
Dean Ferris seems to fit. No ride in 19, said he will be in the USA and rips outdoors.
Crush
11/20/2018 9:52pm
WP, it’s such an animal and so gnarly tough . All of this meant in positive way. I will bet you money he tells the doctors...
Honestly believe this.

Go WP!
I would hope not... his job is not on the line and facial injuries are very visible for the rest of his life... No need to rush, come back when it's right.

Post a reply to: Reed's JGR Contract?

The Latest