Reed's Broken Ribs

chope573
Edited Date/Time 4/16/2019 9:04pm
From RacerX...“His eight broken ribs are healing nicely and don’t seem to bother him too much"

I broke 4 w/o a collapsed lung and call BS. About the worst pain I've experienced by far exceeding broken bones,etc. Not one pain pill taken btw. I couldn't even imagine riding with a least three weeks off or more. After two weeks I could still push in on my rib cage and feel the give. Crazy!
|
omalley
4/15/2019 8:41pm
Well Chad Reed is the Chuck Norris of Moto. So there's that.
This. I still remember him wadding in practice or qualifying (can’t recall which), going to the hospital, checking himself out of the hospital, and racing the main...
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/15/2019 8:43pm
I've broken three at once. Even a small grunt was painfull. 8...your gonna suffer taking a shit...

The Shop

4/15/2019 8:56pm
Boomslang wrote:
I've broken three at once. Even a small grunt was painfull. 8...your gonna suffer taking a shit...
And don't laugh or sneeze, oh my gawd!
bvm111
4/15/2019 9:14pm
Boomslang wrote:
And don't laugh or sneeze, oh my gawd!
And for sure don’t let your GF no matter how hot she is try to climb on top to make you feel better... I damn near threw her across the room that hurt so bad. Shit that was 25 years ago... getting old sucks, on second thought let her do it because I would rather remember that than my three painful broken ribs! ?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
4/15/2019 9:30pm
omalley wrote:
This. I still remember him wadding in practice or qualifying (can’t recall which), going to the hospital, checking himself out of the hospital, and racing the...
This. I still remember him wadding in practice or qualifying (can’t recall which), going to the hospital, checking himself out of the hospital, and racing the main...
i believe 2008. He broke his scapular in practice, signed himself out an hour before the Main, used his wild card to take him straight to the main event. finished 7th that night.
Dude is as hardcore as it gets. Hes done this many times where hes been injured and still raced. RC4 and CR22. love them or hate them. both the 2 toughest guys to race a motorcycle.

Any one remember when Webb won his 250 sx title? Raced the Main event with a snapped wrist! finished the race and went straight to hospital.
chope573
4/15/2019 9:37pm
omalley wrote:
This. I still remember him wadding in practice or qualifying (can’t recall which), going to the hospital, checking himself out of the hospital, and racing the...
i believe 2008. He broke his scapular in practice, signed himself out an hour before the Main, used his wild card to take him straight to...
i believe 2008. He broke his scapular in practice, signed himself out an hour before the Main, used his wild card to take him straight to the main event. finished 7th that night.
Dude is as hardcore as it gets. Hes done this many times where hes been injured and still raced. RC4 and CR22. love them or hate them. both the 2 toughest guys to race a motorcycle.

Any one remember when Webb won his 250 sx title? Raced the Main event with a snapped wrist! finished the race and went straight to hospital.
Bro, I get it, but until you snapped some ribs and know the pain... I don't care how tough you are or think you are, it's debilitating.
swtwtwtw
4/15/2019 10:02pm
omalley wrote:
i believe 2008. He broke his scapular in practice, signed himself out an hour before the Main, used his wild card to take him straight to...

chope573 wrote:
Bro, I get it, but until you snapped some ribs and know the pain... I don't care how tough you are or think you are, it's...
Bro, I get it, but until you snapped some ribs and know the pain... I don't care how tough you are or think you are, it's debilitating.
It really depends on how many times one has broken ribs. It is less debilitating each time after the first.
chope573
4/15/2019 10:05pm

chope573 wrote:
Bro, I get it, but until you snapped some ribs and know the pain... I don't care how tough you are or think you are, it's...
swtwtwtw wrote:
It really depends on how many times one has broken ribs. It is less debilitating each time after the first.
Okay I'll bite... How do you know this and what research do you have to back this up?
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
4/15/2019 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 10:11pm
chope573 wrote:
swtwtwtw wrote:
chope573 wrote:
Okay I'll bite... How do you know this and what research do you have to back this up?
A broken rib is a broken rib, break a couple today and you are gonna suffer...break a couple a year or two later and guess what?... you gonna suffer again.
4/15/2019 10:09pm
omalley wrote:

And who was that guy who pulled out for blisters, I can`t recall.......
Ridelow
Fantasy
201st
4/15/2019 10:34pm
And who was that guy who pulled out for blisters, I can`t recall.......
I have done that Tongue
Crush
4/15/2019 11:56pm
omalley wrote:

chope573 wrote:
But that's assuming your pain tolerance and the injury are identical. He's raced with broken bones so many times now it's not funny.
CPR
4/16/2019 12:19am
Yup broken ribs hurt for a long time....but what about the lung, broken shoulder blade and fractured vertebrae??? How was he back on a road bicycle last week?
4/16/2019 3:13am
The guy wan't a new contract. It's clear ! That's ok for me. If Reed want to pursue his career, made it happen ! (The show is better with him.)
4/16/2019 3:14am
CPR wrote:
Yup broken ribs hurt for a long time....but what about the lung, broken shoulder blade and fractured vertebrae??? How was he back on a road bicycle...
Yup broken ribs hurt for a long time....but what about the lung, broken shoulder blade and fractured vertebrae??? How was he back on a road bicycle last week?
Maybe a lot of drama on the news...
Dougy1
4/16/2019 3:21am
CPR wrote:
Yup broken ribs hurt for a long time....but what about the lung, broken shoulder blade and fractured vertebrae??? How was he back on a road bicycle...
Cbd bra. As soon as that shit is legal in Australia I’m pounding that stuff for my lower back issues
CPR
4/16/2019 4:47am
CPR wrote:
Dougy1 wrote:
Cbd bra. As soon as that shit is legal in Australia I’m pounding that stuff for my lower back issues
Bloody oath, not getting any younger myself, must be good shit!
toroP
4/16/2019 5:02am
Rickyisms wrote:
Chadapault. Dude is tough as nails.
Kicks the bike, immediately doubles. No worries.
4/16/2019 5:37am
chope573 wrote:
From RacerX...“His eight broken ribs are healing nicely and don’t seem to bother him too much" I broke 4 w/o a collapsed lung and call BS...
From RacerX...“His eight broken ribs are healing nicely and don’t seem to bother him too much"

I broke 4 w/o a collapsed lung and call BS. About the worst pain I've experienced by far exceeding broken bones,etc. Not one pain pill taken btw. I couldn't even imagine riding with a least three weeks off or more. After two weeks I could still push in on my rib cage and feel the give. Crazy!
I've broken ribs at least a handful of times. There's no way he's not still hurting bad. I don't care how tough people think he is.
4/16/2019 5:49am
I broke three ribs a few years ago in a race (see, told you I raced occasional like). It was painful. What I want to know is why are some so down on pain meds? I gladly took them. In fact, sometimes I took two. It was pretty cool. When they were gone, that was that. I didn't turn into a raving, pill craving, gutter crawling freak, nor did I attempt to get more.
MXD
4/16/2019 5:52am
I think it depends on where they are broken. I've broken them in my back and it was unbearable for a LONG time. I recently broke 3 in the front on my left side and it wasn't bad at all.
Camp332
4/16/2019 6:12am
I broke three ribs a few years ago in a race (see, told you I raced occasional like). It was painful. What I want to know...
I broke three ribs a few years ago in a race (see, told you I raced occasional like). It was painful. What I want to know is why are some so down on pain meds? I gladly took them. In fact, sometimes I took two. It was pretty cool. When they were gone, that was that. I didn't turn into a raving, pill craving, gutter crawling freak, nor did I attempt to get more.
Some people know through their own experiences that pain meds mess them up(addiction, constipation, withdrawals, etc..). Therefore they go the ice, ibuprofen, cbd, thc routes instead. Being hooked on pain meds sucks bro.
4/16/2019 6:14am
I broke three ribs a few years ago in a race (see, told you I raced occasional like). It was painful. What I want to know...
Camp332 wrote:
Some people know through their own experiences that pain meds mess them up(addiction, constipation, withdrawals, etc..). Therefore they go the ice, ibuprofen, cbd, thc routes instead...
Some people know through their own experiences that pain meds mess them up(addiction, constipation, withdrawals, etc..). Therefore they go the ice, ibuprofen, cbd, thc routes instead. Being hooked on pain meds sucks bro.
Thanks Broseph. Is today delts and lats? How's your tan?
sybro
4/16/2019 6:17am
I've broken 7 a couple of months back, 4 in my back along the spine and 3 on the side. I didn't even get out of the house as I was way to afraid to catch a cold. The was no way I would have been able to sleep the first 2 weeks without nighttime pain killers.

Sneezing was the worst pain I've ever felt in my dozen or so injuries. I couldn't even touch my feet a month after it happened. It took a good 6 weeks to even start thinking about training let alone riding.

If he's racing Vegas it's either that the extend of the injuries were not as bad and they said or his pain tolerance is of a superhero !
4/16/2019 6:35am
MXD wrote:
I think it depends on where they are broken. I've broken them in my back and it was unbearable for a LONG time. I recently broke...
I think it depends on where they are broken. I've broken them in my back and it was unbearable for a LONG time. I recently broke 3 in the front on my left side and it wasn't bad at all.
Get out of here with your logical response. We don't have time for that.
MXD
4/16/2019 6:38am
MXD wrote:
I think it depends on where they are broken. I've broken them in my back and it was unbearable for a LONG time. I recently broke...
Get out of here with your logical response. We don't have time for that.
My bad, you're right. Reed does PEDs. He lied to us, he's not hurt at all. FLAMES DON'T MELT STEEL! Laughing
mxman
4/16/2019 6:45am
Gonna have to agree with most here. Broke every rib on my left side back. Sleeping was horrible, car rides, don't even laugh or sneeze.
Highflier
4/16/2019 6:55am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2019 6:57am
MXD wrote:
This.

I’ve broken ribs near the spine (and some vertebrae) and that took months to recover from, tenderness wise.
Couldn’t sleep on that side for months.
Broke some ribs on the side to front that were not nearly as bad.
Could sleep pretty much ok after a couple of weeks.

As to Reed, who knows.
Broken doesn’t always mean displaced.
Also, this is his job, he isn’t a weekend rider that can take off 6 months and only gets back to riding when his wife allows him to, lol

Post a reply to: Reed's Broken Ribs

The Latest