Reed's 360

Edited Date/Time 6/10/2015 7:32am
I guess it's pretty cool. Video/sound quality is nowhere near that of GoPro and it looks like a doppler rader but it has some potential.. (click and drag to get the 360 effect)

|
JMR1976
6/9/2015 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2015 9:44pm
Your video doesn't work. I did see a Instagram post and it does look cool. If it is cheaper then a gopro I might go the 360 way. EDIT $499.00 still might do it. Lol
JW381
6/9/2015 9:49pm
I didn't get it at first until I saw the part about clicking and dragging. That's pretty cool technology. Since this is a first attempt, I'm definitely interested to see where it goes, as far as quality is concerned.

That being said, I only really need to see what's in the field of view of a regular action camera. Moving the view around to see the immediate right or left, or rider's body, isn't really that big of a plus, is it?

Cool either way, thanks for posting. I had mentioned in one of the other Reed threads that he'd be better off actually showcasing the product rather than just causing drama about it.
jemcee
6/9/2015 9:57pm
JW381 wrote:
I didn't get it at first until I saw the part about clicking and dragging. That's pretty cool technology. Since this is a first attempt, I'm...
I didn't get it at first until I saw the part about clicking and dragging. That's pretty cool technology. Since this is a first attempt, I'm definitely interested to see where it goes, as far as quality is concerned.

That being said, I only really need to see what's in the field of view of a regular action camera. Moving the view around to see the immediate right or left, or rider's body, isn't really that big of a plus, is it?

Cool either way, thanks for posting. I had mentioned in one of the other Reed threads that he'd be better off actually showcasing the product rather than just causing drama about it.
yeah that's what I was thinking.. I can't really think of a time it would be needed, but I guess it's an option the others don't provide, the quality and sound were pretty shit too but as you both say it's early in development so it could get better..
They should prob stop paying dudes $500k to not run it on his helmet at the races though haha

Actually now I say that I can see the races being a time the 360 would be needed like first turn and shit.. oh well maybe next year
Crush
6/9/2015 10:25pm
I've seen a couple vids where the sound is good and some others where it's fucked... could be encoding issue...

The Shop

JW381
6/9/2015 10:26pm
JW381 wrote:
I didn't get it at first until I saw the part about clicking and dragging. That's pretty cool technology. Since this is a first attempt, I'm...

jemcee wrote:
yeah that's what I was thinking.. I can't really think of a time it would be needed, but I guess it's an option the others don't...
yeah that's what I was thinking.. I can't really think of a time it would be needed, but I guess it's an option the others don't provide, the quality and sound were pretty shit too but as you both say it's early in development so it could get better..
They should prob stop paying dudes $500k to not run it on his helmet at the races though haha

Actually now I say that I can see the races being a time the 360 would be needed like first turn and shit.. oh well maybe next year
Yeah for sure, I do hope they get better over time though. The first GoPros sucked. Competition is always good right?
Reggsie
6/9/2015 10:31pm
That's insanely cool... even if a little bit gimmicky...
worcsracer808
6/10/2015 12:34am
I picture it as maybe a compliment to a gopro and not really something to replace one, it doesn't do the job as well from the looks of it, but does have the ability to capture cool shots i could see lots of film makers using these for special shots, but I don't feel like tons of people are gonna buy these instead of gopros
Slosh 112
6/10/2015 1:35am
I think it cold be great commentators tool. Being able to see different on board angles as charges through the pack passing riders or vice versa, or from three or four riders perspectives off the gates down the start straight coming into the first turn, being able to see past the forward field of vision could be interesting at these points.
Chadillac661
6/10/2015 2:15am
Fly 360 made a huge mistake investing in the 22 and his "unproven" marketing.

Ummm...never mind
FB
6/10/2015 2:51am
reded
6/10/2015 4:43am
I think this technology could be cool if it's incorporated into the live broadcast like in NASCAR. We could see a battle on the track from each riders POV or from the leaders rear view.
Frodad78
6/10/2015 6:02am
JW381 wrote:

jemcee wrote:
yeah that's what I was thinking.. I can't really think of a time it would be needed, but I guess it's an option the others don't...

JW381 wrote:
Yeah for sure, I do hope they get better over time though. The first GoPros sucked. Competition is always good right?
I was thinking it could be cool if he was in a pack or riders. You could see all the action around the rider, would probably be best in the opening laps of a supercross. Or headed into the first turn of any race. Shit if everyone ran one of these things there would never be a missed crash or incident!!
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
6/10/2015 6:49am
Frodad78 wrote:
I was thinking it could be cool if he was in a pack or riders. You could see all the action around the rider, would probably...
I was thinking it could be cool if he was in a pack or riders. You could see all the action around the rider, would probably be best in the opening laps of a supercross. Or headed into the first turn of any race. Shit if everyone ran one of these things there would never be a missed crash or incident!!
Every indycar runs a similar camera and so does F1. I know NASCAR has fanvision and I think I remember using that or a similar service at the F1 USGP when it first came to COTA. We're a little behind the times not having these live cameras to be quite honest. I hope to see it soon. It would really improve the live event with something like fanvision, especially at the outdoor nationals where we can't see the whole track.
Fantasy
4452nd
6/10/2015 7:32am
reded wrote:
I think this technology could be cool if it's incorporated into the live broadcast like in NASCAR. We could see a battle on the track from...
I think this technology could be cool if it's incorporated into the live broadcast like in NASCAR. We could see a battle on the track from each riders POV or from the leaders rear view.
This ^

Post a reply to: Reed's 360

The Latest