Reed wins again

10/29/2019 8:18am
Camp332 wrote:
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend...
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend warrior series?

Adam43 wrote:
The latter.... it would be the equivalent of Scott Dixon or Josef Newgarden switching to moto and winning the local Vet C class.
Shawn142 wrote:
If.. 1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class.. 2) your local...
If..

1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class..
2) your local moto track happens to be one of the most famous circuits in the world..
3) everyone was a millionaire racing decked out factory bikes..

While it's not a pro class and indeed "just a bunch of rich guys", I think you'd be amazed how seriously rich guys take auto racing and how good some really are. They aren't out there to play bumper cars in someone elses Lambo.
The laptime comparison to Moto seems incongruent. You are telling me that in a MX all top four pro finishers are within nine hundreths of a second of each other in best lap time? That tells me that a three seconds is a huge gap to traverse.
jeffro503
10/29/2019 8:48am
Jeeez dudes! Reed went out and had a blast racing some nice cars and did well. And as far as the sim racing stuff, there are tons of pro drivers all over the forums that drive the sims. When it's cold and miserable outside , and you want to get some racing action is.....the sim stuff is a blast. I've been into it about 6 years now , and my setup has saved me from winter boredom so many times it's ridiculous. I'm not talking GRID autosport.....I'm taking Assetto Corsa , Automobilista , RF2 , RR3 and Iracing ( which I let my membership lapse ).

Check out youtube for Assetto Corsa + SOL + Content manager. Every car and every track imaginable , night or day. The community is huge.
mauidex
10/29/2019 8:53am
somebody needs to tell the new young millionaires in every form of motorsports that SIM is a waste of timeWhistlingWhistling
philG
10/29/2019 8:56am
Gentleman drivers can have a good career in sports cars and be very good... Former Manchester United gialkeeper Fabien Barthez has raced Le Mans, and done well, as has Patrick Dempsey

The Shop

brimx153
10/29/2019 6:38pm
Camp332 wrote:
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend...
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend warrior series?

Adam43 wrote:
The latter.... it would be the equivalent of Scott Dixon or Josef Newgarden switching to moto and winning the local Vet C class.
Shawn142 wrote:
If.. 1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class.. 2) your local...
If..

1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class..
2) your local moto track happens to be one of the most famous circuits in the world..

While it's not a pro class and indeed "just a bunch of rich guys", I think you'd be amazed how seriously rich guys take auto racing and how good some really are. They aren't out there to play bumper cars in someone elses Lambo.
Surely 3 sec off in car racing is a huggggggee amount. It would be like 15 to 20 sec a lap in MX . Dam 0.8 sec is a big amount in car racing
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
10/29/2019 7:10pm
kage173 wrote:
Give me a break. Happy for the guy to have his fun, but y'all don't have to stroke him all the time. There's a reason Reed...
Give me a break. Happy for the guy to have his fun, but y'all don't have to stroke him all the time.

There's a reason Reed is spending a small fortune sharing a car with other people and only racing a few laps; and not running late model modifieds at the local dirt track.

More glory, less competition.
Do you think the reasons he's spending a small fortune (doubtful) is because he can and he wants to? You dont think the people running late models at the local dirt track would rather choose spain as a location and a lambo as the car if they had the means to do so?

He's a multi millionaire doing multi millionaire things, why cant we be happy for the people who are successful in our chosen sport?
GPR245
10/29/2019 7:39pm
Yes Chad isn't racing at the pinnacle of the auto racing world. But he's definitely not spending a small fortune. His success as a motorcycle racer has definitely opened doors. You all act like he just spend a million bucks and someone gave him a car. He had to do a test to even show up and the team was obviously impressed.

This is a level the dudes at the local oval would kill to be at. Good on him, let's hope he races the full 2020 SX series before going full time 4 wheels.
JM485
10/29/2019 7:59pm
One thing I've learned over the last few years is someone more successful than you will never degrade or downplay your accomplishments, only those who are beneath you.
kage173
10/30/2019 4:37am
kage173 wrote:
Give me a break. Happy for the guy to have his fun, but y'all don't have to stroke him all the time. There's a reason Reed...
Give me a break. Happy for the guy to have his fun, but y'all don't have to stroke him all the time.

There's a reason Reed is spending a small fortune sharing a car with other people and only racing a few laps; and not running late model modifieds at the local dirt track.

More glory, less competition.
haydos25 wrote:
Do you think the reasons he's spending a small fortune (doubtful) is because he can and he wants to? You dont think the people running late...
Do you think the reasons he's spending a small fortune (doubtful) is because he can and he wants to? You dont think the people running late models at the local dirt track would rather choose spain as a location and a lambo as the car if they had the means to do so?

He's a multi millionaire doing multi millionaire things, why cant we be happy for the people who are successful in our chosen sport?
Guess you didnt read my second sentence nor the posts of people predicting that since he won this race he now has a promising career
APLMAN99
10/30/2019 5:33am
Adam43 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
If..

brimx153 wrote:
Surely 3 sec off in car racing is a huggggggee amount. It would be like 15 to 20 sec a lap in MX . Dam 0.8...
Surely 3 sec off in car racing is a huggggggee amount. It would be like 15 to 20 sec a lap in MX . Dam 0.8 sec is a big amount in car racing
I believe that the Lamborghini Cup cars that Reed is racing are not quite the same as the cars that the Pro and Pro/Am classes are racing. Not sure the exact differences, though.
Denn700
10/30/2019 9:59am
I don’t know how it is in Lamborghini But in the Porsche Cup series the classes are by skill and which model car. The newer cars are faster by a second or two.
Phildo
10/30/2019 9:02pm
The man loves to race.

He had a big crash last year and broke a bunch of stuff in his body.

And yet, he still wants to race.

Good on him.
Crush
10/31/2019 6:48am
Fuck me some of ewe carnts would fit in down here with ya tall poppy syndrome.
Dropbear
10/31/2019 2:31pm
I think he’d be quite the drawcard as a co-driver at Bathurst in the Australian V8 Supercar series if he got a drive.
RacerX8
11/1/2019 6:22pm
Racing on asphalt is no joke! I learned the hard way when my buddy let me rip his kart one afternoon. Having balls isn’t a huge deal if you’re coming over from MX but the precision is, robot like. I never lifted if he said I could go through a corner flat, but getting your entry, apex and exit perfect was necessary more so than on dirt obviously. Jeff Ward transitioned like a champ but who else did? The money can run out in a hurry when switching to four wheels if you haven’t proven that someone else should foot the bill.
APLMAN99
7/2/2023 9:00am

What happened with Reed’s car racing?  I figured that 2020 was probably off the table, but did he ever return to it after that?  Sounded like he had some pretty good potential to be able to continue upwards, but did he decide to stop paying to drive before he got to the point of being paid to drive?

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/2/2023 9:32am Edited Date/Time 7/2/2023 9:32am
APLMAN99 wrote:
What happened with Reed’s car racing?  I figured that 2020 was probably off the table, but did he ever return to it after that?  Sounded like...

What happened with Reed’s car racing?  I figured that 2020 was probably off the table, but did he ever return to it after that?  Sounded like he had some pretty good potential to be able to continue upwards, but did he decide to stop paying to drive before he got to the point of being paid to drive?

Haven't you heard.  wSX is where everyone wants to be now according to Chad. 

Grinning

7/2/2023 11:55am
APLMAN99 wrote:
It’d be interesting to see how he does in individual racing rather than the team races as well. I think he’s obviously too old to realistically...
It’d be interesting to see how he does in individual racing rather than the team races as well.

I think he’s obviously too old to realistically reach the top of the “major” racing series (F1, NASCAR, maybe Indy) but he is young enough to maybe reach a level where someone else is paying for him to race instead of the other way around.

I wonder how much his kart track helped him out with his “transition”. Probably a wise investment if he’s planned on going 4 wheel racing full time for a while now.

How old was Jeff Ward when he placed 2nd at the Indy 500?

Post a reply to: Reed wins again

The Latest