Reed wins again

mauidex
Edited Date/Time 11/7/2019 10:32am

|
TeamGreen
10/28/2019 8:13am
He’s having a damn good time in the Lambo.

Stoked for him.
Camp332
10/28/2019 8:18am
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend warrior series?

10/28/2019 8:35am
Pumped for Reedy!!! Looking more and more like 2019 A1 will be the last hurrah for dirt bikes... Either way, he is still a winner in my book.

The Shop

aeffertz
10/28/2019 8:39am
Camp332 wrote:
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend...
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend warrior series?

IIRC from his interview with PulpMX recently, he’s in the as you call it “rich guy/weekend warrior” class but plans/wants to move up a class next year or something.
slowgti
10/28/2019 8:55am
Camp332 wrote:
Don't know much about the series he's racing in. Is it "elite" level car racing talent he is up against? Or is this a rich guy/weekend...

It's the typical rich guy class. They buy rides in that series
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
10/28/2019 10:57am
How many races did he race and what were his results?
twotwosix
10/28/2019 11:00am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 11:01am
Camp332 wrote:

If Reed decides to continue the Sports Car racing path he is on, he will most likely need to keep on as a Gentleman Driver for a bit, even if the money he brings in is not his own. Before that he will need to follow in Hardwick's shoes for a bit to find his way up to IMSA or WEC racing via a spec cup series such as Super Trofeo or GT3 Cup racing. Reed is a big name and has big name friends which will help him move along quickly, but he still needs a lot of experience to get ready for a proper racing series. I think he and Price both need to try to follow Hardwick's path and take it slowly. I am sure Reedy has the chops for it.
APLMAN99
10/28/2019 12:46pm
Sounds like he went 1-2 on the weekend with the first female winner of a Lamborghini Cup race winning the final?
APLMAN99
10/28/2019 12:57pm
Lap times in the LB Cup don't look terrible compared to the "Pro" class....

Not all the rounds have results listed but this is pretty close and some they are 3-4 seconds off. Sounds like a decent car and series.

slowgti
10/28/2019 2:14pm
twotwosix wrote:
If Reed decides to continue the Sports Car racing path he is on, he will most likely need to keep on as a Gentleman Driver for...
If Reed decides to continue the Sports Car racing path he is on, he will most likely need to keep on as a Gentleman Driver for a bit, even if the money he brings in is not his own. Before that he will need to follow in Hardwick's shoes for a bit to find his way up to IMSA or WEC racing via a spec cup series such as Super Trofeo or GT3 Cup racing. Reed is a big name and has big name friends which will help him move along quickly, but he still needs a lot of experience to get ready for a proper racing series. I think he and Price both need to try to follow Hardwick's path and take it slowly. I am sure Reedy has the chops for it.
That depends on what team hardwick ends up on next year. From what I understand, where hardwick ends up, will have a big part of where chad ends up driving next year.
Adam43
10/28/2019 7:18pm
Camp332 wrote:

The latter.... it would be the equivalent of Scott Dixon or Josef Newgarden switching to moto and winning the local Vet C class.
Harv379
Fantasy
2029th
10/28/2019 7:53pm
Car racing is so boring compared to moto. Remember when Ricky tried to get into cars after SX? No one gave a shit. Bye bye Reedy
Shawn142
10/28/2019 8:05pm
Camp332 wrote:

Adam43 wrote:
The latter.... it would be the equivalent of Scott Dixon or Josef Newgarden switching to moto and winning the local Vet C class.
If..

1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class..
2) your local moto track happens to be one of the most famous circuits in the world..
3) everyone was a millionaire racing decked out factory bikes..

While it's not a pro class and indeed "just a bunch of rich guys", I think you'd be amazed how seriously rich guys take auto racing and how good some really are. They aren't out there to play bumper cars in someone elses Lambo.
zehn
10/28/2019 9:06pm
Really because he won the weekend
10/28/2019 10:41pm
I almost wish he wasn’t doing so well..
don’t leave SX Reedy!!
tcallahan707
10/29/2019 2:10am
Camp332 wrote:

Adam43 wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
If.. 1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class.. 2) your local...
If..

1) the Vet C class was capable of running lap times only 1 to 3 seconds a lap off the pro class..
2) your local moto track happens to be one of the most famous circuits in the world..
3) everyone was a millionaire racing decked out factory bikes..

While it's not a pro class and indeed "just a bunch of rich guys", I think you'd be amazed how seriously rich guys take auto racing and how good some really are. They aren't out there to play bumper cars in someone elses Lambo.
Nice post. Shit, just the sim racing community is loaded with talented drivers. If someone is dropping a big chunk of change to go race, they have a passion for it and nerd out about how to get better just like us moto dudes.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
10/29/2019 2:28am
I think it's time for Reed to hang it up and go full-time 4 wheels. It looks like he's excelling at it.
twotwosix
10/29/2019 5:46am
twotwosix wrote:
If Reed decides to continue the Sports Car racing path he is on, he will most likely need to keep on as a Gentleman Driver for...
slowgti wrote:
That depends on what team hardwick ends up on next year. From what I understand, where hardwick ends up, will have a big part of where...
That depends on what team hardwick ends up on next year. From what I understand, where hardwick ends up, will have a big part of where chad ends up driving next year.
Ryan already signed with Wright Motorsports to race a Porsche GT3R in IMSA earlier this month.
APLMAN99
10/29/2019 5:53am
It’d be interesting to see how he does in individual racing rather than the team races as well.

I think he’s obviously too old to realistically reach the top of the “major” racing series (F1, NASCAR, maybe Indy) but he is young enough to maybe reach a level where someone else is paying for him to race instead of the other way around.

I wonder how much his kart track helped him out with his “transition”. Probably a wise investment if he’s planned on going 4 wheel racing full time for a while now.
kb228
10/29/2019 6:41am
Harv379 wrote:
Car racing is so boring compared to moto. Remember when Ricky tried to get into cars after SX? No one gave a shit. Bye bye Reedy
Stay with me on this... what if reed just enjoys it and does it for that simple reason alone?
ga_pike
10/29/2019 7:00am
I know Reed Tweets about the Australian V8 Supercars series quite often. That's a pretty big thing from what I understand. Would be neat to see him head that way. Anther option might be to follow Jeff Ward into Indy Racing? NASCAR isn't the only major racing series in the US.
gt80rider
10/29/2019 7:15am
Nice post. Shit, just the sim racing community is loaded with talented drivers. If someone is dropping a big chunk of change to go race, they...
Nice post. Shit, just the sim racing community is loaded with talented drivers. If someone is dropping a big chunk of change to go race, they have a passion for it and nerd out about how to get better just like us moto dudes.
Sim racing loaded with talented actual drivers??

Ever race a road course? Takes balls, lots of balls my friend.... no different than moto...

the guys doing the "sim" stuff don't have to worry about dying after botching a corner........ not all that sim lap time stuff carries over.... kinda like moto...... grab a kid who crushes the lap times on-line, and watch them break both legs on their first lap ever on a real moto track sort of thing.........
tcallahan707
10/29/2019 7:21am
Nice post. Shit, just the sim racing community is loaded with talented drivers. If someone is dropping a big chunk of change to go race, they...
gt80rider wrote:
Sim racing loaded with talented actual drivers?? Ever race a road course? Takes balls, lots of balls my friend.... no different than moto... the guys doing...

Ever race a road course? Takes balls, lots of balls my friend.... no different than moto...

the guys doing the "sim" stuff don't have to worry about dying after botching a corner........ not all that sim lap time stuff carries over.... kinda like moto...... grab a kid who crushes the lap times on-line, and watch them break both legs on their first lap ever on a real moto track sort of thing.........
https://www.techspot.com/news/78370-sim-racer-beats-former-f1-driver-re…

Yes, the risk factor isn't there. But it's a sim. If you have skills, they will translate for the most part. It's no different than pilots learning a new aircraft in a sim.

Moto is different because it's not a sim. Thumbs aren't used to steer a bike.
slowgti
10/29/2019 7:35am
twotwosix wrote:
Ryan already signed with Wright Motorsports to race a Porsche GT3R in IMSA earlier this month.
They figure out the trailer situation?
JeepnMike
10/29/2019 7:57am
Harv379 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
Stay with me on this... what if reed just enjoys it and does it for that simple reason alone?
I started watching the NASCAR Truck series races when Ricky spent his few years there, it was fun to see him progress and watch his aggression. I can't be an anomaly.. And I agree, if Reed has fun racing cars, he has exhausted his entire youth and early adulthood to get to where he is today, go have some fun dude.

I think there is a certain level of jealousy towards anybody who can go gamble learning how to race in a Lamborghini. If he can... why not? Cool
Motofinne
10/29/2019 8:03am
gt80rider wrote:
Sim racing loaded with talented actual drivers?? Ever race a road course? Takes balls, lots of balls my friend.... no different than moto... the guys doing...

kage173
10/29/2019 8:07am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2019 8:07am
Give me a break. Happy for the guy to have his fun, but y'all don't have to stroke him all the time.

There's a reason Reed is spending a small fortune sharing a car with other people and only racing a few laps; and not running late model modifieds at the local dirt track.

More glory, less competition.

Post a reply to: Reed wins again

The Latest