Reed vs. Pastrana in Australia 2001

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2017 9:31 PM

Title says it all. Wanna see Reed vs. Pastrana on psycho-sounding two-strokes? Of course you do!

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

12/30/2017 9:39 PM

Oh my god! That was so entertaining and capsulizes TP's racing career perfectly. So much talent and heart but eventually has a gnarly get off before the checkers.

That track was absolutely shit, too. grin

Thanks for posting!

|

12/30/2017 9:47 PM

Travis rode like a madman. It does sort of encapsulate his whole career. He's all in, every jump, every turn.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

12/30/2017 9:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2017 1:50 AM

I've said this before but for the Aussies who aren't aware Miss SX all those years ago is Jess Yates who hosts the V8 supercars on foxtel.. That fact did my head in when I found out haha

Also the hot as fuck podium chick in the end of that vid (on our right when they blow a kiss) is Nicky Whelan who was the aussie chick in that movie Hall Pass.. would've been a good get for one of the riders back then haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

12/30/2017 9:54 PM

Also there's not much that sounded better than those bikes in those little arenas

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

12/30/2017 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2017 10:13 PM

Here is Night 1. I haven't even watched but I am sure it's fun. It is interesting to note how Travis was promoted at this time, compared with 18 year olds these days on team rides with clone gear and you can't even tell them apart on the track.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

12/30/2017 11:52 PM

Travis has some standup technique up there with the best of them I swear. Wish we could of has more years with him in MX but hes done so much, great guy!

Those banked turns are fuckin sick

|

12/31/2017 1:35 AM

How much better was two stroke supercross to watch.

That shit was exciting as.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


12/31/2017 2:37 AM

I was at this event, epicness

|

12/31/2017 2:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2017 6:20 AM

The rate at which Pastrana caught back up after Reed parked him. Embarrassing.
(Talk about a joker lane:- “199 has done his mandatory off track 360 early, will this be the best tactic?” smile)

|

12/31/2017 3:02 AM

Man I forgot how I miss watching TP race! Yeah, RACE, not that other circus shit he does.
Plus I forgot how 'normal' it was for riders to be out of control on the two strokes- nearly spinning out in the turns, leg dragging, etc etc. That was exciting.

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

12/31/2017 5:34 AM

Did you see Pastrana re-enter the track after being punted by Reed? Now that's how you re-enter the track. Today's riders method of gassing it for one or two straits to re-enter where it's "safe" is BS.

|

1/1/2018 10:50 AM

It’s funny how kiwis put R’s where they don’t belong. Yamahar Pastranar

|

1/1/2018 11:02 AM

Anyone who says 4 strokes have been good for the sport after watching that must be smoking crack. Travis was a madman on a bike. Railing the f' out of those corners.

|

1/1/2018 11:09 AM

Good night those jumps were kickers. Those guys were so high.

|

1/1/2018 11:21 AM

newmann wrote:

Anyone who says 4 strokes have been good for the sport after watching that must be smoking crack. Travis was a madman on a bike. Railing the f' out of those corners.

Two strokes are much more fun to watch.
That race had a little bit of everything- track workers scattering, take outs, and of course a huge faceplant from Travis.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

1/1/2018 11:39 AM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

Did you see Pastrana re-enter the track after being punted by Reed? Now that's how you re-enter the track. Today's riders method of gassing it for one or two straits to re-enter where it's "safe" is BS.

You beat me to it!!!! That’s how it supposed to be done. Officials need to get control

|

1/1/2018 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2018 11:48 AM

I realize I may be in the minority, but I think Pastraner has a lot of motorcycle talent.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





1/1/2018 1:07 PM

Pastrana: legs too long, bars too narrow. He makes that 250 look like a Supermini. With his talent, had he been a few inches shorter I think RC may not have the records he has.



|

1/1/2018 3:10 PM

That young Reed bogan accent.

|

1/1/2018 3:37 PM

TP went all out like stew

|

1/1/2018 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2018 4:03 PM

gerg wrote:

That young Reed bogan accent.

laughing Makes me cringe... I like when Ando won Southwick and the first thing the meathead say's is "I'm knackered".
So wish Byrner would have won the overall that day.
|

1/1/2018 5:36 PM

Wells423 wrote:

It’s funny how kiwis put R’s where they don’t belong. Yamahar Pastranar

Kiwis??! Are you sick of your teeth mate? haha That's a bit of Strayan twang you're hearing..
Kiwis are the ones that put u's and double II's where they don't belong

Also I'm not sure an American should be throwing stones about the letter R haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/1/2018 5:40 PM

jemcee wrote:

Kiwis??! Are you sick of your teeth mate? haha That's a bit of Strayan twang you're hearing..
Kiwis are the ones that put u's and double II's where they don't belong

Also I'm not sure an American should be throwing stones about the letter R haha

*Ewe's

|

1/1/2018 5:42 PM

Wells423 wrote:

It’s funny how kiwis put R’s where they don’t belong. Yamahar Pastranar

jemcee wrote:

Kiwis??! Are you sick of your teeth mate? haha That's a bit of Strayan twang you're hearing..
Kiwis are the ones that put u's and double II's where they don't belong

Also I'm not sure an American should be throwing stones about the letter R haha

EZZA 95B wrote:

*Ewe's

Ah hahaha Excellent

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/1/2018 7:45 PM

kzizok wrote:

I realize I may be in the minority, but I think Pastraner has a lot of motorcycle talent.

Yeah you're definitely in the minority there. Most people wouldn't go that far. If you would have said he was an amazingly talented, super consistent supercross rider, that'd be more expected. But saying he's generally talented on a motorcycle, he's just not.

|

1/3/2018 2:11 AM

jemcee wrote:

I've said this before but for the Aussies who aren't aware Miss SX all those years ago is Jess Yates who hosts the V8 supercars on foxtel.. That fact did my head in when I found out haha

Also the hot as fuck podium chick in the end of that vid (on our right when they blow a kiss) is Nicky Whelan who was the aussie chick in that movie Hall Pass.. would've been a good get for one of the riders back then haha

Jess Yates - mind blown !

|

1/3/2018 3:43 AM

Slower tracks = better racing.

|

1/3/2018 3:55 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Slower tracks = better racing.

Slower and more difficult to ride bikes too.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------