Reed vs Canard?

Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:39pm
Is Reed out practicing at the Honda testtrack with Canard and Grant?
Have anyone heard or seen who is the fastest of them right now before A1?

I know we will find out saturday night but im just curiousSmile
In a interview with Eli Tomac he predicted that Canard would win A1 so that must mean something...
|
machine
1/6/2011 8:23am
I've heard two things.

1. Canard was running the same lap times at the test track as Reed

2. On one occasion Reed set the fastest lap time of the day and packed up and left.

Not sure which one to believe....
1/6/2011 8:23am
Reed is in Santa Barbara doing his own prep with his team.

He did set the fastest lap at the test track but you are talking about a few tenths of a second on one lap on one day a month ago.

toroP
1/6/2011 8:24am
According to Matthes, Reed was fastest at his last visit to the Honda test track.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/6/2011 8:24am
Who's fastest on the practice track won't really matter, when what will matter is who's fastest on the race track.

The Shop

huck
1/6/2011 8:28am
I'm sure James was faster than Dungey last year on the practice track...how'd that work out?
redalert144
Fantasy
3087th
1/6/2011 8:29am
Reed has been living in Santa Barbara and practicing at Castillo ranch, he hasn't even been to the Honda track except for the 1st day or so
kongols
1/6/2011 8:29am
ky_savage wrote:
Who's fastest on the practice track won't really matter, when what will matter is who's fastest on the race track.
Yes, and Reed has proven year in and year out how he sucks on the race track.Blink
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
1/6/2011 8:33am
ky_savage wrote:
Really true. Think about the thousands of laps those guys have put in on the same track this offseason. They have every spec of dirt on that track memorized, so comparing laptimes is pointless. The one who wins the race will be the one that adapts quickest to the A1 track and conditions. The offseason is about conditioning and technique, not laptimes.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/6/2011 8:33am
ky_savage wrote:
kongols wrote:
Yes, and Reed has proven year in and year out how he sucks on the race track.Blink
I know, but don't be so hard on him. Wink
1/6/2011 8:45am
ky_savage wrote:
Of course but you can get a clue aboute who is fastest before the gate drops at A1. Then there will be so many more factors to it. The start will be a really important factor especially whit the stacked field of 2011

How about Grant, can he hang with Canard?
jeffro503
1/6/2011 10:55am
ky_savage wrote:
Of course but you can get a clue aboute who is fastest before the gate drops at A1. Then there will be so many more factors...
Of course but you can get a clue aboute who is fastest before the gate drops at A1. Then there will be so many more factors to it. The start will be a really important factor especially whit the stacked field of 2011

I would say YES......I'll bet Grant is putting in some fast laps down there.

A lot of people write Grant off because of his consistency , but DON'T think that kid isn't fast. When that kid is on , and feeling good , there are not many riders around that will run his pace.

Grant has about 95% of the puzzle figured out......if he can get that last 5% figured out , he would be in title contention. He is an amazing rider , with one of the coolest riding styles out there as well.
mws02
1/6/2011 10:58am
Of course but you can get a clue aboute who is fastest before the gate drops at A1. Then there will be so many more factors...

No it wont add factors, and the fastest in practice doesn't actually win anything. Some guys are slower in practice, some guys are faster. The only thing that matters is the results sheets. And Grant doesn't ride for factory honda because he is slow; certainly he can "hang with" canard. Hate to break it to you but speculating wont make A1 get here any faster!
DanDunes818
1/6/2011 11:11am
Reed is in Santa Barbara doing his own prep with his team. He did set the fastest lap at the test track but you are talking...

He did set the fastest lap at the test track but you are talking about a few tenths of a second on one lap on one day a month ago.

I love how people on here , not just you either, type like they just got off the phone w/Reedy. Just because you guys follow him on twitter doesn't make you guys boys. I could see you guys loading a pic of Reedy eating dinner up on your computer , while eating at the same time, and telling everyone the next day you had dinner with Reed last night.
staycasted
1/6/2011 11:13am
Reed set the fastest times at the Honda track
MX_Andrew83
1/6/2011 11:14am
Reed is in Santa Barbara doing his own prep with his team. He did set the fastest lap at the test track but you are talking...

I love how people on here , not just you either, type like they just got off the phone w/Reedy. Just because you guys follow him...
I love how people on here , not just you either, type like they just got off the phone w/Reedy. Just because you guys follow him on twitter doesn't make you guys boys. I could see you guys loading a pic of Reedy eating dinner up on your computer , while eating at the same time, and telling everyone the next day you had dinner with Reed last night.
LOL!
1/6/2011 11:19am

I love how people on here , not just you either, type like they just got off the phone w/Reedy. Just because you guys follow him...
LOL!
You see my user name?

I know shit.

Now go eat a dick.
chrisgg90
Fantasy
1768th
1/6/2011 11:26am

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Very well put and so so true
Outsider
1/6/2011 11:27am
Reed is going old school this year...

SL91
1/6/2011 11:32am
Outsider wrote:
Reed is going old school this year... [img]http://assets.racerxonline.com/content/1229_cudb2080.jpg[/img]
Reed is going old school this year...

I like this pic!
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
1/6/2011 11:32am
ky_savage wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
I would say YES......I'll bet Grant is putting in some fast laps down there. A lot of people write Grant off because of his consistency...
I would say YES......I'll bet Grant is putting in some fast laps down there.

A lot of people write Grant off because of his consistency , but DON'T think that kid isn't fast. When that kid is on , and feeling good , there are not many riders around that will run his pace.

Grant has about 95% of the puzzle figured out......if he can get that last 5% figured out , he would be in title contention. He is an amazing rider , with one of the coolest riding styles out there as well.
Hes a fader that will be battling with the likes of milsaps, tedesco and alessi. I think thats more realisticWink
1/6/2011 11:33am

HILARIOUS!!!
DanDunes818
1/6/2011 11:44am
peelout wrote:
reed. 2011 SX champion.
holy shit, hes back
lmao.. I was about to say the same thing.

Where the hell you been peelout? Oh yeah you and Reedy both took some time off.

Post a reply to: Reed vs Canard?

The Latest