Reed to MXGP next year.

kongols
|
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/25/2016 5:29am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 5:32am
I hate to be brutal, but i think Chad and James have kind of stuck around too long. I don't think either of them can truly win a title. It's kind of sad seeing reed getting 15th at a race when just a few years ago he was one of the best in the world. In good shape or not I just think he doesn't have the ability or maybe the mental side to hang it out like he would have before having kids and the past few crashes.

I've been a fan of chad since 2002, I just think him and James may have stuck around racing too long to win championships. If they are there to have fun or possibly win a few more races that is great but let's be honest neither one is winning another championship.
resetjet
6/25/2016 5:40am
Ummm dont forget about the huge paycheck......thats probably most of it. Especially james. I do respect rv....
resetjet
6/25/2016 5:47am
Oh and a whole series......no
Way....

The Shop

Paul333
6/25/2016 7:16am
Given enough time to prep I suspect Reed would do very well. Top ten for sure, top 5's, a few podiums, maybe a moto win.

mc795
6/25/2016 9:45am
Chad Reed Vs The world! Hopefully it won't end his career like RV.. Smile should be fun
karsmakers
6/25/2016 10:10am
kongols wrote:
Stamp it!. lol:whistle: ;) http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Pit-Chat-with-Chad-Reed,13928/ocscottie,405
logan_140 wrote:
You serious? He podiumed a few races in sx... And lots of top 5's
He is serious. Were talking motocross, not supercross. Chad needs to get in racing shape and hope to be a top 10 guy but showing up to random races is not a formula for success. He just doesn't have the speed anymore. He was 3 seconds slower a lap than Covington on a 250, and Covington is barely top 20 in the 250 class. He did only complete a few laps so maybe he had bike problems or is injured? But....he will never be a contender in an outdoor race again. He had his day and I for one like that he is racing still. Lets just recognize that it's about the enjoyment (and maybe the money) at this point.
6/25/2016 10:11am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 10:14am
Paul333 wrote:
Given enough time to prep I suspect Reed would do very well. Top ten for sure, top 5's, a few podiums, maybe a moto win.

you must be kidding ? top 5 or a moto win ? when was the last time you watched MXGP ?

we are talking about MX he ?? if he would get top 10 it would be good result for Chad , if he wants top 5 or podium he should race only SX
6/26/2016 4:40am
Does anyone remember Chads 2014 des Nations effort.
Pretty on par with his effort so far.
From what I've been told is he is only there by the demands of Monster not his own.
Seeing these performances won't be improving his negotiating power remember he's up for contract again.
hasko158
6/26/2016 4:51am
kongols wrote:
Stamp it!. lol:whistle: ;) http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Pit-Chat-with-Chad-Reed,13928/ocscottie,405
logan_140 wrote:
You serious? He podiumed a few races in sx... And lots of top 5's
karsmakers wrote:
He is serious. Were talking motocross, not supercross. Chad needs to get in racing shape and hope to be a top 10 guy but showing up...
He is serious. Were talking motocross, not supercross. Chad needs to get in racing shape and hope to be a top 10 guy but showing up to random races is not a formula for success. He just doesn't have the speed anymore. He was 3 seconds slower a lap than Covington on a 250, and Covington is barely top 20 in the 250 class. He did only complete a few laps so maybe he had bike problems or is injured? But....he will never be a contender in an outdoor race again. He had his day and I for one like that he is racing still. Lets just recognize that it's about the enjoyment (and maybe the money) at this point.
He's not doing these because he wants to, it's in his Monster contract. Same reason you'll see a lot of Monster guys at the USGP
kkawboy14
6/26/2016 5:18am
"European VACATION"

For a guy on vacation he's doing pretty good!
Paul333
6/26/2016 5:49am
Paul333 wrote:

you must be kidding ? top 5 or a moto win ? when was the last time you watched MXGP ? we are talking about MX...
you must be kidding ? top 5 or a moto win ? when was the last time you watched MXGP ?

we are talking about MX he ?? if he would get top 10 it would be good result for Chad , if he wants top 5 or podium he should race only SX
I've watched every race since 2012...

Anybody who bets against Reed is a fool. He has proven so many "Experts" wrong it's ridiculous. I didn't say he would win the championship, or win GP overalls.

I do think he would be a consistent top ten, maybe a podium or two. If the situation was just right he might pull off a moto win.

mxb2
6/26/2016 5:58am
Reed will never win another pro sx,mx with field of top riders, great career. But aint happening. I made a bet last year he woudnt win a sx and won my bet , but the vital poster did not honor his bet,and still posts here.. Classy.
6/26/2016 7:11am
Paul333 wrote:
I've watched every race since 2012... Anybody who bets against Reed is a fool. He has proven so many "Experts" wrong it's ridiculous. I didn't say...

Anybody who bets against Reed is a fool. He has proven so many "Experts" wrong it's ridiculous. I didn't say he would win the championship, or win GP overalls.

I do think he would be a consistent top ten, maybe a podium or two. If the situation was just right he might pull off a moto win.

just check Reed his MX results from last 3 or 4 years ...
machine
6/26/2016 7:20am
Be cool to see him doing parade laps the whole motos like he was doing in the nats the last couple of years.
6/26/2016 7:33am
Why does Monster put thier cherished riders through a embarrasing "Monster Energy Swan Song Tour" in the GP circuit. Would be a better promo to send over the younger crop of riders to boost the company's image. Monster Energy Geritol?
Zracer
6/26/2016 7:34am
Paul333 wrote:
I've watched every race since 2012... Anybody who bets against Reed is a fool. He has proven so many "Experts" wrong it's ridiculous. I didn't say...

Anybody that has bet against Reed since 2012 .... has made a lot of money.
line-up
6/26/2016 7:36am
The Source wrote:
Why does Monster put thier cherished riders through a embarrasing "Monster Energy Swan Song Tour" in the GP circuit. Would be a better promo to send...
Why does Monster put thier cherished riders through a embarrasing "Monster Energy Swan Song Tour" in the GP circuit. Would be a better promo to send over the younger crop of riders to boost the company's image. Monster Energy Geritol?
Like they are successfully doing with Darian Sanayei?.....
davistld01
6/26/2016 7:46am
I think Chad is smart enough to see that he's "over" in US racing...and sees that maybe he can have some fun in his last couple of years in the sport, and can save face at the same time by doing the MXGP's next year. The pressure is off him there, and all he has to do is have fun. Reed gets a lot of media traction because of the champion & legend that he is, and that has to be a good thing for Yamaha.
6/26/2016 9:16am
davistld01 wrote:
I think Chad is smart enough to see that he's "over" in US racing...and sees that maybe he can have some fun in his last couple...
I think Chad is smart enough to see that he's "over" in US racing...and sees that maybe he can have some fun in his last couple of years in the sport, and can save face at the same time by doing the MXGP's next year. The pressure is off him there, and all he has to do is have fun. Reed gets a lot of media traction because of the champion & legend that he is, and that has to be a good thing for Yamaha.
if racing top 15 to 20 is fun for him , go Chad ......if yamaha / monster wants to pay for his fun , Chad has done really good
6/26/2016 11:39am
Paul333 wrote:

just check Reed his MX results from last 3 or 4 years ...
He hasn't been the same outdoors since Chadapult. He was killing it that year until he was almost killed.
ATKpilot99
6/26/2016 12:08pm
mxb2 wrote:
Lollollllol. True, him.and bubba should start a tour.
Even when a thread has nothing to do with Stewart leave it to you to bring him into the conversation, in a negative light of course.
davistld01
6/26/2016 12:19pm
davistld01 wrote:
I think Chad is smart enough to see that he's "over" in US racing...and sees that maybe he can have some fun in his last couple...
if racing top 15 to 20 is fun for him , go Chad ......if yamaha / monster wants to pay for his fun , Chad has...
if racing top 15 to 20 is fun for him , go Chad ......if yamaha / monster wants to pay for his fun , Chad has done really good
You can bet Chad has a pretty lucrative contract with Monster/Yamaha and he is such a pro at interviews & manipulating social media that even if he rarely if ever makes it into the top-10, it's still a win-win deal for him & his sponsors. He guy will quit when it's not fun anymore.
mxb2
6/26/2016 12:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
Lollollllol. True, him.and bubba should start a tour.
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Even when a thread has nothing to do with Stewart leave it to you to bring him into the conversation, in a negative light of course.
It was a comparison example. In your world. I guess the truth is negative. Mine is reality.

ATKpilot99
6/26/2016 12:35pm
mxb2 wrote:
It was a comparison example. In your world. I guess the truth is negative. Mine is reality.

Ok

Post a reply to: Reed to MXGP next year.

The Latest