Reed to LCQ for every round

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2020 8:51 PM

I was watching the reply again of A2 the other night and I had a thought about Reed going to the LCQ every round this year. Reed being a smart guy, does anyone else think he is doing this on purpose to gain TV time for his sponsors?

The guy is a legend, but say he gets inside the top 9 he goes straight to the main and the likelyness of his sponsors getting TV time from that is slim, but if he goes to the LCQ, his sponsors get great TV coverage of their branding on TV every round from sitting on the starting line to being up front in the LCQ.

Thoughts?

|

1/24/2020 8:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/24/2020 8:53 PM

He’s not doing anything to purposefully run more laps than he needs to.

|

1/24/2020 8:54 PM

No.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/24/2020 9:08 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

He’s not doing anything to purposefully run more laps than he needs to.

He's not running for a championship, he's not going to be in the top 10 but still needs to give his sponsors a ROI, this could be the best way for him to do it. His heats results are...

A1: 12th
SL: 10th
A2: 10th

If he goes out this weekend and gets a 10th in his heat, it most likely confirms this is his strategy. I'm sure if he really didn't want to go to the LCQ he could pull off 1 extra position with no issues.

|

1/24/2020 9:11 PM

No

|

1/24/2020 9:22 PM

And I thought the Ferrandis threads were bad...

|

1/24/2020 9:25 PM

If he can qualify through the heat and get his nap in before the main Pleasinger and Hill are in for some trouble

|

1/24/2020 9:27 PM

observeroffacts wrote:

He’s not doing anything to purposefully run more laps than he needs to.

Double wrote:

He's not running for a championship, he's not going to be in the top 10 but still needs to give his sponsors a ROI, this could be the best way for him to do it. His heats results are...

A1: 12th
SL: 10th
A2: 10th

If he goes out this weekend and gets a 10th in his heat, it most likely confirms this is his strategy. I'm sure if he really didn't want to go to the LCQ he could pull off 1 extra position with no issues.

Photo
|

1/24/2020 9:27 PM

Photo
|

1/24/2020 9:43 PM

Yes. Reed crashed intentionally in his A2 heat race because he wanted to race the lcq. Absolutely. Fact. I’m pretty sure anyway.
Well, maybe he did. OK, no, he didn’t.

|

1/24/2020 10:06 PM

Double wrote:

He's not running for a championship, he's not going to be in the top 10 but still needs to give his sponsors a ROI, this could be the best way for him to do it. His heats results are...

A1: 12th
SL: 10th
A2: 10th

If he goes out this weekend and gets a 10th in his heat, it most likely confirms this is his strategy. I'm sure if he really didn't want to go to the LCQ he could pull off 1 extra position with no issues.

Except there is no heats this weekend...

|

1/24/2020 11:19 PM

Just happy that he is giving us all one more go around regardless of legacy talk etc.... blah blah blah we are all going to miss him when he hangs the boots up he is the last tie to the early 2000's for us old dinosaurs (Shit my first race was in 86 so I was well and truely following AMA Supercross by 1993 when MC started his reign so yeah early 2000's would have been when I had my first midlife crisis) Cheers Reedy thanks for the memories and enjoy your last season as much as us fans.

|

1/24/2020 11:24 PM

No

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/24/2020 11:26 PM

More facepalm!

|

1/25/2020 12:04 AM

LCQ is so crazy, he has just been lucky, could easily get caught up in carnage and not make the main.

|

1/25/2020 8:35 AM

Last Chance Chad😎

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

1/25/2020 8:52 AM

It's such an excellent strategy that all the top guys are going to start doing it. Chad is such a trend setter.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

1/25/2020 8:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2020 9:01 AM

Double wrote:

I was watching the reply again of A2 the other night and I had a thought about Reed going to the LCQ every round this year. Reed being a smart guy, does anyone else think he is doing this on purpose to gain TV time for his sponsors?

The guy is a legend, but say he gets inside the top 9 he goes straight to the main and the likelyness of his sponsors getting TV time from that is slim, but if he goes to the LCQ, his sponsors get great TV coverage of their branding on TV every round from sitting on the starting line to being up front in the LCQ.

Thoughts?

Interesting idea.

And just to go full daytime drama, could Chad want the crowd to see him out front and know that the cheers are for him? Probably wouldn't bring this up if he didn't get involved in a championship battle as a back marker a few years ago, but that showed he has a huge ego problem. One should never miss a chance to use that as ammo... fucking guy, what was he thinking? I know, I know, let it go...

|

1/25/2020 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2020 9:08 AM

Every time? No

Tonight? Yes

Probably at every triple crown unless he finds some raw speed somewhere.

But he's way too experienced to not get in the main event. I'm not worried.

|

1/25/2020 9:46 AM

Im surprised by all the thumbs down. While I doubt its the case, he does get waaaay more TV time so its hard not to kinda somewhat wonder lol. Im a huge fan too, and I know hes a smart guy and he knows he wont win or contend. Tough crowd.

|

1/25/2020 9:51 AM

|

1/25/2020 10:04 AM

As he continues to struggle to get into the main and championship drama starts to develop, he will get less and less exposure.

|

1/25/2020 10:28 AM

Just give the guy some former champion provisional to the main .. give him like 2 or 3.... He certainly deserves them..... Imo would probably take a lot of pressure off him during the quals and he would just start racing better....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

1/25/2020 10:36 AM

Reed purposely riding bad in the heats to be in the LCQ's in order to get more sponsor TV exposure? Lol, wow. If dumb ideas were dollar bills, you'd be a millionaire. No. Reed is in the LCQ's because he is riding as best he can...which is just barely good enough to even qualify for the night show.

|

1/25/2020 10:45 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Reed purposely riding bad in the heats to be in the LCQ's in order to get more sponsor TV exposure? Lol, wow. If dumb ideas were dollar bills, you'd be a millionaire. No. Reed is in the LCQ's because he is riding as best he can...which is just barely good enough to even qualify for the night show.

Millionaires think outside the box, actually.

|

1/25/2020 11:06 AM

So do the criminally insane.

|

1/25/2020 11:55 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

So do the criminally insane.

Yeah, awesome song.

&feature=share

|

Current rides: 2016 KTM 250SXF, 2017 KTM 350SXF

1/25/2020 1:26 PM

I tend to support both Weege and JT on their feelings concerning Reed. Weege mentioned that once Reed announced his retirement in OZ, he felt like Reed might have just dropped an emotional anchor and has yet to really dive into the season the way he needs to in order to be competitive. JT followed with saying that Reed has admitted to not riding and not doing much in the way of any real prep coming into the season, so JT is suggesting that what would Reed expect in terms of results. And Reed was quite honest with Matthes about his concern for himself when he pulled off (can't remember round 2 or 3), which he has never done before. This is why when guys retire they don't come back for shits and giggles because they know how locked in they have to be just to be competitive. I mean we aren't talking about golf here. Pretty dangerous to get out there when you aren't fully committed to what you are doing. I feel for Reed and I'm sure all of the above is in play. If he doesn't get back to some kind of preparation and work with the bike (testing, riding) and some physical prep, he will be a consistent LCQ guy, and not intentionally as the OP suggested. Tough spot to be in for the dude. I was just watching some of the 2012 outdoor season and Reed was A BAD MAN, and if it weren't for that crash at Millville, he would have gone 1-1 there, and I believe he would have won the outdoor season-he literally had everyone covered. He was SO impressive that summer.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

1/25/2020 2:35 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

So do the criminally insane.

MPJC wrote:

Yeah, awesome song.

&feature=share

That cartoon was awesome!
Best record ever!

|

1/25/2020 2:35 PM

Reed=was

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler