Reed switch to KTM

Crush
5/6/2020 6:37pm
AZRider wrote:
he was interested in KTM before the season, but then the chance to test with Factory KTM happened. He didn't get MM25's bike for SX. I...
he was interested in KTM before the season, but then the chance to test with Factory KTM happened. He didn't get MM25's bike for SX. I would say he probably thought it was a better bike, but wasn't about to show up on a KTM after they shorted him (in his mind) by not signing him for the final season. Or they couldn't work out whatever deal he wanted. That emotion has worn off, Honda's made sense to sell and the KTM is probably easier to get parts for. Car racing was going to come back, but who knows now this year.

And maybe he actually likes it better?

Just a few thoughts
The only sticking point for the Red Bull KTM ride was Reedy wanted to use his own suspension and KTM couldn't allow it from a contractual...
The only sticking point for the Red Bull KTM ride was Reedy wanted to use his own suspension and KTM couldn't allow it from a contractual standpoint. It was all but a done deal until the subject of suspension came up...
I have no insight obviously, but Decoster said on DMXS that Red Bull wanted it to happen and uppers at KTM said no. So if Decoster says uppers, assume that's Pit and co?

Perhaps some bad blood, but that's what the Man said himself.
Crush
5/6/2020 6:46pm
CPR wrote:
So off the pace? Last round at Daytona his qualifying time was only a few tenths of a second off Barcia, Plessinger, Hill, Friese and Brayton...
So off the pace?

Last round at Daytona his qualifying time was only a few tenths of a second off Barcia, Plessinger, Hill, Friese and Brayton, who are all on factory bikes, while he's on a bike with a few bolt-ons.
It's fair to say he was way off the pace earlier in the season, but broken ribs, no training or testing will do that.

I'd say the old dog still has a few tricks, however he's got nothing to prove with results, it's amazing he's still out there and doing it.
BroFoSho wrote:
I see you failed to mention his qualifying time to Tomac.

.... 3.42 seconds slower
What does that matter... it's not like the dudes he mentioned are slow, and they weren't on Eli's pace either. Should Ken and Eli have a two person race?

When he's seconds off the guy finishing 20th – but getting in because of good starts because of an unfair equipment advantage, then everyone can bitch about how he's taking someone's spot...

But since that's a fictional scenario, that can't exist, and he's racing to whatever spot he gets, just like everyone else, everyone should just shut the fuck up.

No-one begrudges A-Ray for getting what he gets, but he loves to ride and race. He's making barely 50K a year. What's the point? Because he wants too. And good fucking luck to him or anyone that can make a living riding a bike.
CM_84
5/6/2020 7:56pm
If he is too slow, then people are more than welcome to go faster and stop him qualifying.
He isnt being gifted his entry, he is qualifying just like everyone else.
How great is competitive sport.

All those saying he is too slow, I assume you also think everyone he is beating should quit?

He is qualifying, he wants to keep doing it.....end of story. When either of those stop happening, he will no longer be at the races.
kiwifan
5/6/2020 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2020 8:00pm
CM_84 wrote:
If he is too slow, then people are more than welcome to go faster and stop him qualifying. He isnt being gifted his entry, he is...
If he is too slow, then people are more than welcome to go faster and stop him qualifying.

All those saying he is too slow, I assume you also think everyone he is beating should quit?

He is qualifying, he wants to keep doing it.....end of story. When either of those stop happening, he will no longer be at the races.
And to be really fair Reed was injured coming into the season, so he was no where near 100%....I think he is 100% now so be interesting to see how he goes, I hope goes well and shuts the negative Nancy's up

The Shop

shuggs
5/17/2020 12:30am
avidchimp wrote:
Pretty sure the Man himself has spoke up in this thread. Whistling
??? Missed it
bradnelson
5/17/2020 6:42am
avidchimp wrote:
Wow chimp, looking back through this thread...... I think you just might be onto something.

Nice catch. Cool And pretty cool, if true.

Go Reed!
lumpy790
5/17/2020 7:26am
CM_84 wrote:
If he is too slow, then people are more than welcome to go faster and stop him qualifying. He isnt being gifted his entry, he is...

kiwifan wrote:
And to be really fair Reed was injured coming into the season, so he was no where near 100%....I think he is 100% now so be...
And to be really fair Reed was injured coming into the season, so he was no where near 100%....I think he is 100% now so be interesting to see how he goes, I hope goes well and shuts the negative Nancy's up
With the additional 2 months of training since coming back from injury Chad Reeds pace will move up.
Will it be enough speed for the heart of a lion to fight for a couple more Podiums before retiring?

Will he race Nationals?
5/17/2020 7:27am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2020 7:28am
Haters gonna hate

It would be awesome to see him battling for a podium one more time
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
5/17/2020 8:41am
mxman wrote:
The story I read, don't recall where, was he had wanted to ride for Roger before but KTM only runs WP and he is/was sponsored by...
The story I read, don't recall where, was he had wanted to ride for Roger before but KTM only runs WP and he is/was sponsored by KYB or Showa I don't recall.
So these guys have personal sponsor relations with suspension companies now?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/17/2020 10:19am
avidchimp wrote:
bradnelson wrote:
Wow chimp, looking back through this thread...... I think you just might be onto something.

Nice catch. Cool And pretty cool, if true.

Go Reed!
The thread has been cleaned up a little. Wink
mooch
Fantasy
501st
5/17/2020 10:27am
Janko630 wrote:
Dear Chad,
Please go away already.
Thanks.
Dear Janko,
No one knows WTF you are
No one knows WTF you came from
Please go ahead posting stupid azz shit so we can have the entertainment of seeing you be laughed at.
Thanks.
mxmaniac
5/17/2020 3:48pm
Reedy looks the goods on the KTM, probably the best I have seen in a while. Cant wait to see the bad ass put it in the main again
CPR
5/18/2020 1:45am
mxman wrote:
The story I read, don't recall where, was he had wanted to ride for Roger before but KTM only runs WP and he is/was sponsored by...
The story I read, don't recall where, was he had wanted to ride for Roger before but KTM only runs WP and he is/was sponsored by KYB or Showa I don't recall.
Dirtydeeds wrote:
Welcome to 2020 mr Deeds, yes it’s been a thing for more than a decade.
Dougy1
5/18/2020 1:58am
mxmaniac wrote:
Reedy looks the goods on the KTM, probably the best I have seen in a while. Cant wait to see the bad ass put it in...
Reedy looks the goods on the KTM, probably the best I have seen in a while. Cant wait to see the bad ass put it in the main again
I agree looks a lot spicier for sure
CPR
5/18/2020 3:36am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 3:37am
mxmaniac wrote:
Reedy looks the goods on the KTM, probably the best I have seen in a while. Cant wait to see the bad ass put it in...
Dougy1 wrote:
I agree looks a lot spicier for sure
I’m not sure it’s the bike, more he’s over the injury and actually doing some riding.
Of course with Reedy the bike does make that extra %
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/18/2020 5:47am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Has anyone else ridden every bike professionally before?
davis224 wrote:
Has Hanny raced a Honda? Pretty sure he's done every other brand. YOT, Red Bull KTM, PC, and didn't he do privateer stints on a Husky...
Has Hanny raced a Honda? Pretty sure he's done every other brand. YOT, Red Bull KTM, PC, and didn't he do privateer stints on a Husky 250 and Suzuki 450?
Hanny raced a TLD Honda 450 at X Games, I believe it was 2008.

YOT, JGR, Hart and Huntington (Honda and Kawasaki there), PC, factory KTM, then his own deals on Kawi, Husky and Suzuki.

Now here’s the clincher, I can’t remember if he raced the Suzuki at a major professional event? Gotta go look right now...
Crush
5/18/2020 6:06am
He looked fit at Bercy when he broke his ribs and his super-pole time was very competitive too.

I don't think he's lost much at all, just hard to do shit when you're injured.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
5/18/2020 7:48am
mxman wrote:
Dirtydeeds wrote:
CPR wrote:
Welcome to 2020 mr Deeds, yes it’s been a thing for more than a decade.
Copy. First I’ve heard of it. Thought it was always preference.
AH387
5/18/2020 8:11am
I'm kind of glad that he is finishing up the season on the KTM. Purely from a fan perspective, I did not like the looks of the MM CRF this year. Reed, to me, has always had some of the coolest looking bikes / set-ups to go along with that style. For some reason, I just feel like some of that was lost on this year's Honda. I loved all of his TwoTwo MS Hondas, however. So this switch is cool, I think. Plus, I thought he really liked the Husky in 18, even though he was not healthy at all that year. So this is almost like he gets another run on a similar bike, but now healthy. Plus, it was cool that he had some posts on IG with the 2stroke too, which was another plus.

Post a reply to: Reed switch to KTM

The Latest