Reed

block75
4/3/2017 4:14am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 4:17am
This could have been the best thing to happen for dungeys title defence! He is pissed now and he needs to ride with that aggression and he might just beat Eli and then he will be able to thank Reed for finally making him ride how he should have been and trying to wrap the title up like he should have instead of riding conservatively. on the other hand this could absolutely mind fuck dungey and he could self implode. This weekend will tell where Ryan is at mentally.

And maybe this will also fire up Reed and ride like he knows how instead of riding around what looks like just to collect a pay check, he showed he has speed to maybe not win but certainly make the podium start riding like it and put on a show that you are paid really well for, that goes for both Reed and dungey. ✊️
RG1
4/3/2017 4:34am
kiwifan wrote:
I have seen the still shots of Dungey leaning on Reed a bit off the start, so what that happens in just about every single SX...
I have seen the still shots of Dungey leaning on Reed a bit off the start, so what that happens in just about every single SX start...riders are ALWAYS jostling for position...you are kidding me if that is meant to be one of the excuses as to why Reed did what he did later on in the race....I mean seriously?!?!?!?
RG1 wrote:
Dungey has done that many times. Leaning on people when he's not really in position to do so, it's often how he manages to turn a...
Dungey has done that many times. Leaning on people when he's not really in position to do so, it's often how he manages to turn a terrible jump into a half decent start, but there's been a few times where it could so easily have gone the other way. Everyone else managed to not elbow a guy in the back constantly all the way down the start straight. That incident alone was probably not enough to make Reed do what he did, if he was that pissed about it he would've just taken Dungey down in the heat. Dungey's comments definitely wound him up and added fuel to the fire. When you're in a close title fight, the last thing you should do is make any enemies out there. Reed shouldn't have done what he did, Dungey needs to stop whining and just get on with it
bobojim wrote:
Ok. So From now on any one who ever gets lent on during the start of a race is now entitled to ignore th blue flag...
Ok. So From now on any one who ever gets lent on during the start of a race is now entitled to ignore th blue flag rule - e.g. Rule number 2 and block the "leaner" when they are lapped in a race out of spite / vengeance. Makes good sense. Hope you run the sport one day.

For the record Reed is a douche and he lost a lot of respect from me. He needs to leave the sport before he pulls it down any further.
At no point have I ever said that what Reed did was the right thing to do. My angle in this is, if you're Dungey, don't make enemies out there when you're in a title fight and you need friends on the track. Dungey probably didn't mean to wipe him out at Detroit, but it was a bit overly ambitious, and it's not a surprise that Reed was pissed about it. At the end of the day, if Dungey hadn't made his heat race comments, I don't think any of this happens
Bultaco
4/3/2017 4:48am
Why is Chad whining about that? It looks like if anyone got in his way it's Musquin Bogle or Seely
Because like half the people around here, Chad has a selective truth regarding Dungey.

The same people also hate Dungey because he does not ride aggressively enough. Yet Reed is retaliating, in part, because Dungey is "leaning" on him and riding too aggressively? Too funny.
4/3/2017 6:38am
RG1 wrote:
At no point have I ever said that what Reed did was the right thing to do. My angle in this is, if you're Dungey, don't...
At no point have I ever said that what Reed did was the right thing to do. My angle in this is, if you're Dungey, don't make enemies out there when you're in a title fight and you need friends on the track. Dungey probably didn't mean to wipe him out at Detroit, but it was a bit overly ambitious, and it's not a surprise that Reed was pissed about it. At the end of the day, if Dungey hadn't made his heat race comments, I don't think any of this happens
I don't think Dungey did anything wrong in Detroit. That stuff (rubbing elbows/leaning) happens all the time with multiple riders in almost every start. Again, I think anyone trying to stretch that into some sort of justification is on seriously dodgy ground. There's very little if anything there. In fact if it weren't for the incident this week, we probably wouldn't have bothered going over the start footage again and again from last week.

I agree that there was nothing to complain about from Ryan in regards to the heat race. Chad hadn't (at that point) done anything wrong. I also agree that it's generally good title winning policy to NOT make enemies.

However all of that is irrelevant to the material point regarding Chad's behaviour in the main. This is ultimately the focus of the drama. You yourself agree that what he did was wrong - so really there's no point going over the ifs, buts and whys. Chad was wrong. He overreacted way out of proportion to Ryan's own initial overreaction from the heat race. Honestly this whole thing would make more sense if Chad was suffering from a concussion or something, because what he did was utterly inexplicable to normal behaviour. I still can't believe it, and I doubt Ryan could either. He may be a bit of a hot head but going as far as he did on purpose... it's just completely out of character.

The Shop

Suns_PSD
4/3/2017 8:19am
Reed has always been a dickhead.

He was around for a long time and one of the older guys which made us all grow fond of him. But really he never changed. He was a prick when he was young, and he still is.

Reed while being lapped, might have just made a difference in the championship, and that's a shame.
4rings
4/3/2017 9:42am
^^^yup Chad is a jerkoff and this move highlighted it.

These guys are out there to win races and championships. They shouldn't be held back by lappers. CR is lolly gaggin around the track to collect a paycheck. Drops 4 seconds on his laptime to mess with RD. So petty, he's a grown man and should act like one. Kudos to Dungey for not fueling the fire during his podium interview.

And idk why everyone is talking about MM sandbagging. He was obviously hurt from the practice crash. Looked like he hit the ground hard.
FIREfish148
4/3/2017 10:08am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 10:08am
Loose lips sink ships Dungey. That's why nothing was said after the main. It is a bummer to see Reed struggle with his set up though.
Graham_Barber
Fantasy
509th
4/4/2017 7:40pm
After seeing the laptimes on racer-x. Its pretty obvious what reeds plan for the evening was,they should yank him out of the series....

Post a reply to: Reed

The Latest