Reed on a Husky

Radical
Fantasy
2360th
10/20/2017 1:59am
tek14 wrote:
He has turned from could win guy to Nick Wey who likes to race.. only thing that he thinks Factories will support him like years ago.
Shawn142 wrote:
Yea, Reed is totally washed up and couldn't even sniff the front of the field in 2017. He put in Nick Wey results all year... oh...
Yea, Reed is totally washed up and couldn't even sniff the front of the field in 2017. He put in Nick Wey results all year... oh wait...

Yes he struggled on the Yamaha, so did Cooper. But on tracks that suited the loose nature of the Yamahammer he was a top 5 guy.
That was an awesome pass!
andyman
10/20/2017 10:16am
mingham97 wrote:
If Reed put in a Dungey style off season, he would be a top 3 guy. But he won't put in that type of work. So...
If Reed put in a Dungey style off season, he would be a top 3 guy. But he won't put in that type of work. So I guess he'll have to settle for 9th in the championship. 6 MFGs, 3-4 paid riders (satellite and factory), you get 18-24 spots. So instead of telling him he should quit, go tell the other 15 riders to quit instead.
He was in really good shape last year for supercross, so what do you mean?
mingham97
10/20/2017 3:41pm
mingham97 wrote:
If Reed put in a Dungey style off season, he would be a top 3 guy. But he won't put in that type of work. So...
If Reed put in a Dungey style off season, he would be a top 3 guy. But he won't put in that type of work. So I guess he'll have to settle for 9th in the championship. 6 MFGs, 3-4 paid riders (satellite and factory), you get 18-24 spots. So instead of telling him he should quit, go tell the other 15 riders to quit instead.
andyman wrote:
He wasnt as fit as Bagget, Dungey, Musquin, Tomac and Anderson. He rode lots but was by no means as fit as them.
andyman
10/20/2017 4:05pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 4:19pm
mingham97 wrote:
andyman wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
He wasnt as fit as Bagget, Dungey, Musquin, Tomac and Anderson. He rode lots but was by no means as fit as them.
So when fitness was his problem ? Eli is maybe one of fittest athletes in the world, and so is Dungey and others. Chad is lot older than those guys and but i did not see him going slow in the end of the race because his not fit enough like Mookie was. Look the video earlier from this topic, he passes dungey in the early parts of the race and then keeps him on the bay anc takes second.

The Shop

toroP
10/20/2017 4:40pm
Fair point. I guess I'm saying if Reed came into 2018 in peak form (for 36 Years old) and put himself in the front multiple nights...
Fair point.

I guess I'm saying if Reed came into 2018 in peak form (for 36 Years old) and put himself in the front multiple nights he could still come out up top before he retires.

Now is that worth it at this point for Chad? I would think not, but then again the very drive that creates a man like Chad Reed is what separates him from most. The interview read like he is NOT in the form or mindset to come back and win.
Agree
mingham97
10/20/2017 5:13pm
andyman wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
andyman wrote:
So when fitness was his problem ? Eli is maybe one of fittest athletes in the world, and so is Dungey and others. Chad is lot...
So when fitness was his problem ? Eli is maybe one of fittest athletes in the world, and so is Dungey and others. Chad is lot older than those guys and but i did not see him going slow in the end of the race because his not fit enough like Mookie was. Look the video earlier from this topic, he passes dungey in the early parts of the race and then keeps him on the bay anc takes second.
You cant use Vegas as an example!
1.) Why would Dungey risk the championship trying to make a pass for second when he had to come like eighth to win the championship?? He was never really pushing towards the end.
2.) Its the end of the year everyones been riding a few times a week for 20+ weeks. Ofcourse hes fit.

If hes going to win a championship, and he can, he just has to put in a decent off season, ride with other people, train with other people and go hard.

That way he will have the confidence (mental ability) and physical ability to win
Zycki11
10/20/2017 5:44pm
mingham97 wrote:
andyman wrote:
So when fitness was his problem ? Eli is maybe one of fittest athletes in the world, and so is Dungey and others. Chad is lot...
mingham97 wrote:
You cant use Vegas as an example! 1.) Why would Dungey risk the championship trying to make a pass for second when he had to come...
You cant use Vegas as an example!
1.) Why would Dungey risk the championship trying to make a pass for second when he had to come like eighth to win the championship?? He was never really pushing towards the end.
2.) Its the end of the year everyones been riding a few times a week for 20+ weeks. Ofcourse hes fit.

If hes going to win a championship, and he can, he just has to put in a decent off season, ride with other people, train with other people and go hard.

That way he will have the confidence (mental ability) and physical ability to win
Seriously? One would think if you are going to argue (a moot point at that), you may want to actually comprehend the rebuttal. In this instance, the reference was Phoenix, and Andyman is right. Chad has always been in good enough shape.
berno929
Fantasy
2511th
10/20/2017 5:56pm
Anyone thinks the Oldenburg deal was affected by Reed? He went from a sure deal at Rockstar Husky to Star Yamaha with support from Rockstar... Leaving a bit of ressources at Husky for Reed.
10/20/2017 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 6:17pm
Figured I'd just peep out page 4 of this thread to make sure I wasn't missing anything.. nope

via GIPHY

oshow
10/20/2017 6:33pm
mingham97 wrote:
andyman wrote:
mingham97 wrote:
Have you seen Chad fade in a race?
block75
10/20/2017 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 6:40pm
With all the speculation regarding Reed and Monster having an issue, he seems still happy to be sporting the big ugly green M on his helmet, unless he doesn't have a new one ready without monster on it
And his bike looks sick, clean simple design and sounds awesome

Post a reply to: Reed on a Husky

The Latest