10/18/2017 8:11 AM

Here is a link below to the post on his Instagram. Testing for SX, it seems
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaZJZlwlMdx/?hl=en&taken-by=crtwotwo

|

KCK Racing - Suzuki
"It's High Noon!"

10/18/2017 8:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 8:21 AM

Maybe Husky willing to sling some help via parts and no gear deal to get in the way ala RMATV/KTM?

Or maybe just an Anaheim Husky revival with Mitch would be badass. Old man retro.

Fuck I want to see him on a steel frame!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/18/2017 8:21 AM

That would be cool if he is not dicking with us. I'm certain Chad could sell Husqvarna some bikes if he does race them. It would be a pretty kick ass pairing.

|

10/18/2017 8:23 AM

Clean graphics.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/18/2017 8:27 AM

Saw it the other day and was surprised no one posted anything here. Red, white or orange.... Wonder what he will end up on.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/18/2017 8:28 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Clean graphics.

Found them next to the mailboxes at Home Depot.

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

10/18/2017 8:35 AM

Husky with Showa Suspension!

Didn't he want to do that in his twotwo days years ago, KTM with Showa and DeCoster wouldn't allow it.

|

10/18/2017 9:07 AM

#434 wrote:

Didn't he want to do that in his twotwo days years ago, KTM with Showa and DeCoster wouldn't allow it.

From my understanding that only pertained to him wanting to lease engines/electronics from the team...otherwise Decoster/KTM wouldn't have a say if he did everything himself. I think I remember him talking about how the bike didn't react as well to the motor mods he tried, which ultimately led him to picking Kawasaki.

|

10/18/2017 9:11 AM

Get him on a 2018.5 KTM/Husky and let him rip!

|

10/18/2017 9:14 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Clean graphics.

If by clean you mean godawful ugly then I agreewassat

Looks aside, be sweet to see him on husky. Flip to ktm next year and he'd have ridden every brand I think right?

|

10/18/2017 9:33 AM

#434 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

From my understanding that only pertained to him wanting to lease engines/electronics from the team...otherwise Decoster/KTM wouldn't have a say if he did everything himself. I think I remember him talking about how the bike didn't react as well to the motor mods he tried, which ultimately led him to picking Kawasaki.

Good info! Thanks ML

|

10/18/2017 9:44 AM

His Ego would not allow him to ride 2018 Husky/KTM as all others will have new frame/motor 2018.5 Factory Editions...
even current model would be as fast.

|

10/18/2017 9:47 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Clean graphics.

It keeps occurring to me: that husky sidepanel is a friggin billboard.

|

10/18/2017 9:50 AM

Serious question, what's the hype or benefit about this "steel frame"? I always see people on here talking about the steel frame like it's magical. I know ktm and huskys are great bikes, but always wondered why people talk so highly of the frames. If any one can give me a serious factual answer it would be highly appreciated.

|

10/18/2017 10:01 AM

I actually think it looks sick. Nice and clean

|

10/18/2017 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 10:05 AM

NoeOrtiz wrote:

Serious question, what's the hype or benefit about this "steel frame"? I always see people on here talking about the steel frame like it's magical. I know ktm and huskys are great bikes, but always wondered why people talk so highly of the frames. If any one can give me a serious factual answer it would be highly appreciated.

I can't give you something factual but it all comes down to 'feel'. Aluminum frames feel much more rigid that a steel frame which has an influence on how a bike feels and rides. I grew up on steel frames and have been riding aluminum frames for years as well. I have both a new KTM and Kawasaki in the garage to base my opinions on. I don't know if you will ever find a factual answer though.

Anyone remember those first generation Honda aluminum frames?? *barf*

|

10/18/2017 10:08 AM

jk367 wrote:

I actually think it looks sick. Nice and clean

Me too!
My buddy's practice bike is a Husky 350 with kit suspension and white plastics without any graphics. Looks so sweet!

|

10/18/2017 10:17 AM

Steadman wrote:

I can't give you something factual but it all comes down to 'feel'. Aluminum frames feel much more rigid that a steel frame which has an influence on how a bike feels and rides. I grew up on steel frames and have been riding aluminum frames for years as well. I have both a new KTM and Kawasaki in the garage to base my opinions on. I don't know if you will ever find a factual answer though.

Appreciate the feedback man. That's pretty much the answer I was looking for. Do you prefer the ktm over the kawi? And if so is it by a lot?

|

10/18/2017 11:57 AM

Anyone else notice the forks are not WP?

|

10/18/2017 12:25 PM

NoeOrtiz wrote:

Steadman wrote:

NoeOrtiz wrote:

Appreciate the feedback man. That's pretty much the answer I was looking for. Do you prefer the ktm over the kawi? And if so is it by a lot?

then again there are a few Japanese bikes now that handle better than a steel framed bike, go figure

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/18/2017 12:30 PM

NoeOrtiz wrote:

Steadman wrote:

NoeOrtiz wrote:

I have to say, I've always preferred Kawasaki over KTM. That being said the new generation KTM's are really, really good. They handle so well, and corner better than my Kawi. I do prefer the motor in the Kawi though. They are both really great bikes. I would have a hard time picking one over the other. Couldn't go wrong with either one.

|

10/18/2017 12:54 PM

Reading RacerX's 'Between the Moto's', I sensed some tension between him and Monster.

|

10/18/2017 1:12 PM

MT MX wrote:

Reading RacerX's 'Between the Moto's', I sensed some tension between him and Monster.

Green claws all over it...

|

10/18/2017 1:13 PM

MT MX wrote:

They probably pulled out the ol “here is 1/10th of what we paid you last year, take it or leave it” silly

|

10/18/2017 2:57 PM

NoeOrtiz wrote:

It all started at Phoenix in 2012 when RC mentioned something on the TV broadcast about Dungey being the only rider on a steel frame bike and how the additional flex might help him on the hard Phoenix track. Dungey won that night and every C-class hero has been touting the benefits of the additional flex ever since.

|

10/18/2017 3:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2017 3:22 PM

MT MX wrote:

I had to stop reading the article after the first question when he started going on about how today's generation don't want to race all the time like he did yet he himself was on an SX only deal for awhile in the prime of his career.

I'm a Chad Reed fan but that was just comedy.

|

10/18/2017 4:07 PM

MT MX wrote:

Yeh wow just read it .. Not looking good at all. Love his honesty. Like I mentioned in another thread He looks way out of shape and it takes time to get back in shape at 36. He can do it by A1, But all those other guys are in shape already there so far ahead of the game. Geez I hope it works out.. He def needs some luck. I'd be concerned if I was the promotorr of Aus X. As far as monster goes I feel like they have faded him and it feels like Fox have gone shy.. Could be wrong. Just interested though what course he was doing the last 3 months . Best of Luck to him ,, could be a swan song this weekend

|

10/18/2017 4:49 PM

Crush wrote:

Maybe Husky willing to sling some help via parts and no gear deal to get in the way ala RMATV/KTM?

Or maybe just an Anaheim Husky revival with Mitch would be badass. Old man retro.

Fuck I want to see him on a steel frame!

Oh man how good would something like this be? This thing is so sexy
Photo

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/18/2017 4:54 PM

I wonder if Rockstar make room for a 3rd rider

|

10/18/2017 5:00 PM

I think Reeds playing things down a little and think he’s been riding more than he’s letting on

|