Reed never crossed the finish line again

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 9:21 AM

Seems that two of the most famous races that i have seen of rider not making it to finish line was Reed and Ryno. And they got close but never made it over the line. Ryno made it to the hill just like reed and could not push it up the hill with out a chain. So in last nights super mud cross it happened again. Reeds bike lost the clutch and reed never made it up the hill and past finish line. Emig tried to save it say line was below the finish line jump. Never in any race has the timing been below the finish line jump or banner.
So i ask why did they give him 7th? Any one who saw the race saw reeds face as he knew it happened again.. I guess you change the rules when need be.

|

4/8/2018 10:27 AM

He crossed the transponder loop, which is the official "finish line". The checkered flag is just there for show.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

4/8/2018 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 10:41 AM

I believe that he was actually credited with 7th because he was the last guy to not get lapped. If there was someone behind him and actually crossed the top of the finish line then they SHOULD have given that position to that next guy. Since no one was left behind Reed, they gave him 7th place.
Remember back to Daytona a few years ago when Peick and another dude were drag racing to the finish line for 4th place in the LCQ and they initially credited the other guy with 4th because he crossed the transponder first? They reversed it shortly after because Peick actually crossed the top of the line first. Right?
At that Daytona race when Reed’s bike quit, he still got somewhere around the top 10 because those other guys had already been lapped.
Am I wrong?

Edit: Looks like OP started 2 different threads with the same topic.

|

4/8/2018 11:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 11:32 AM

It’s pretty obvious this guy is a troll, as someone else pointed out in a duplicate thread, the official finish line is never at the lip of the jump at any level of dirt bike racing where transponders are in use.

|

4/8/2018 12:32 PM

Brent wrote:

It’s pretty obvious this guy is a troll, as someone else pointed out in a duplicate thread, the official finish line is never at the lip of the jump at any level of dirt bike racing where transponders are in use.

...or he's just new.

|

4/8/2018 12:40 PM

Brent wrote:

Except that the AMA has ruled that it is. They even took away a spot in a main event from Peick over it....

|

4/8/2018 1:39 PM

AMA Supercross, the sport were the finish line jump really isn't the finish line!

|

4/8/2018 2:44 PM

Tits Legendary wrote:

I believe that he was actually credited with 7th because he was the last guy to not get lapped. If there was someone behind him and actually crossed the top of the finish line then they SHOULD have given that position to that next guy. Since no one was left behind Reed, they gave him 7th place.
Remember back to Daytona a few years ago when Peick and another dude were drag racing to the finish line for 4th place in the LCQ and they initially credited the other guy with 4th because he crossed the transponder first? They reversed it shortly after because Peick actually crossed the top of the line first. Right?
At that Daytona race when Reed’s bike quit, he still got somewhere around the top 10 because those other guys had already been lapped.
Am I wrong?

Edit: Looks like OP started 2 different threads with the same topic.

Stop bringing facts to the thread.

|