Reed never crossed the finish line again

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 9:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 9:14 AM

Seems that two of the most famous races that i have seen of rider not making it to finish line was Reed and Ryno. And they got close but never made it over the line. Ryno made it to the hill just like reed and could not push it up the hill with out a chain. So in last nights super mud cross it happened again. Reeds bike lost the clutch and reed never made it up the hill and past finish line. Emig tried to save it say line was below the finish line jump. Never in any race has the timing been below the finish line jump or banner.
So i ask why did they give him 7th? Any one who saw the race , saw reeds face as he knew it happened again.. I guess you change the rules when need be.

|

4/8/2018 9:15 AM

Per Rule Book: The officially designated finish line is located at the site of the
scoring/timing transponder receiver loop. The line will be
clearly defined with trackside markings and will be located as
close to the finish-line flagger as possible

|

-streets-

4/8/2018 9:16 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Seems that two of the most famous races that i have seen of rider not making it to finish line was Reed and Ryno. And they got close but never made it over the line. Ryno made it to the hill just like reed and could not push it up the hill with out a chain. So in last nights super mud cross it happened again. Reeds bike lost the clutch and reed never made it up the hill and past finish line. Emig tried to save it say line was below the finish line jump. Never in any race has the timing been below the finish line jump or banner.
So i ask why did they give him 7th? Any one who saw the race , saw reeds face as he knew it happened again.. I guess you change the rules when need be.

Nice first troll. He made it across the official finish line.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/8/2018 9:16 AM

The cord is almost always at the base of the finish line jump, I remember that being brought up during that last lap pass at the finish line jump in the LCQ at Daytona a few years back. And it didn't matter, he could have blown it up at the beginning of that lap and still got 7th, as 8th was a lap down.

|

4/8/2018 9:18 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Never in any race has the timing been below the finish line jump or banner....except in every race.

|

4/8/2018 9:18 AM

nobody949 wrote:

I think the transponder has been in the face of the finish line jump for many years.

|

4/8/2018 9:21 AM

nobody949 wrote:

this is how we all know you've never been involved with any form of racing anywhere at anytime. Who doesn't know how a transponder loop works? Even R/C car racing uses them...

|

4/8/2018 9:22 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Wrong,wrong and wrong again.

|

Ed Johnson

4/8/2018 9:22 AM

Just for shits and giggles. He was also the last guy on the lead lap so even if his bike died in the corner before he still would have finished 7th overall.

|

4/8/2018 9:24 AM

What a douche. Terrible try at denigrating Reeds effort. Fake News ?

|

4/8/2018 9:24 AM

slipdog wrote:

Just for shits and giggles. He was also the last guy on the lead lap so even if his bike died in the corner before he still would have finished 7th overall.

Now just stop with the facts, it will mess up his head. wink

|

4/8/2018 9:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 9:37 AM

If the official “finish line” is at the face where the transponder is, then why did they end up giving Peick the LCQ transfer spot over Kiniry a few years ago? Kiniry passed the transponder first and should have been last transfer...

If we go by these rules, then yeah, Reed passed the scoring loop first, but riders eight, nine, etc., all passed the finish line before he did, meaning they finished first... right?
|

4/8/2018 9:35 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Its been at the base for years,,,,get a clue

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

4/8/2018 9:36 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Yea, screw Reed. They should give him last place on the lead lap

|

4/8/2018 9:38 AM

Rizzo wrote:

I see what you did there.

|

Do us all a favor and delete your account.

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

thatswhathappens wrote:

If the official “finish line” is at the face where the transponder is, then why did they end up giving Peick the LCQ transfer spot over Kiniry a few years ago? Kiniry passed the transponder first and should have been last transfer...

If we go by these rules, then yeah, Reed passed the scoring loop first, but riders eight, nine, etc., all passed the finish line before he did, meaning they finished first... right?

It depends on what the rule book said during that year.

|

-streets-

4/8/2018 9:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 9:42 AM

nobody949 wrote:

Rizzo wrote:

Wait, if you crash out, you get last on the lap you were on? Is that how the rules work?

|

4/8/2018 9:53 AM

Some people have it figured out. The finish line was lower than the top of what was left of the finish line jump.

|

4/8/2018 9:56 AM

GuyB wrote:

Some people have it figured out. The finish line was lower than the top of what was left of the finish line jump.

But...but...but...

There's a lot of "Buts" up in here.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/8/2018 10:10 AM

GuyB wrote:

The checkered flag was still being waived at the peak.

In the past, the location of the flag was primary, not the transponder. Peick/Faith in 2012 the transponder finish was overturned and the flag location was used. Alessi at Hangtown 2005, he tripped the transponder but wasn't scored as finishing until after he crossed the plane where the flag was located.

Not that I want to see Reed lose his finish, but it definitely goes against past interpretations.

|

4/8/2018 10:19 AM

GuyB wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

The checkered flag was still being waived at the peak.

In the past, the location of the flag was primary, not the transponder. Peick/Faith in 2012 the transponder finish was overturned and the flag location was used. Alessi at Hangtown 2005, he tripped the transponder but wasn't scored as finishing until after he crossed the plane where the flag was located.

Not that I want to see Reed lose his finish, but it definitely goes against past interpretations.

He was the last one to not get lapped. So it doesn`t matter. He still gets 7th, cross or not cross the line.

|

4/8/2018 10:20 AM

Let me help some of you out

Photo

|

4/8/2018 10:32 AM

This topic makes me think of Weege's idea a few weeks ago. Why is the finish line always a jump? He thought it should be mixed up. Put the finish at the end of a long whoop section etc. In the races where its a close finish, a last ditch balls out drag race thru the whoops would be epic.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

4/8/2018 10:37 AM

hartebreak wrote:

This topic makes me think of Weege's idea a few weeks ago. Why is the finish line always a jump? He thought it should be mixed up. Put the finish at the end of a long whoop section etc. In the races where its a close finish, a last ditch balls out drag race thru the whoops would be epic.

Unadilla used to have a finish on flat ground. But they moved it to gravity cavity.

|

4/8/2018 10:42 AM

Reeds name appeared in 7th as soon as his tranponder crossed the line. You think there was a official overriding the transponder because of who it was? I don’t think so.

I’m sure the official line is before the jump so you don’t get suicidal launches over the top of the finish line jump from riders battling for positions

|

4/8/2018 10:43 AM

hartebreak wrote:

I like that idea

|

4/8/2018 10:43 AM

So I have not actually looked but are the loops clearly defined as to where they are so the racers can see them?

|

4/8/2018 10:51 AM

Tits Legendary wrote:

So I have not actually looked but are the loops clearly defined as to where they are so the racers can see them?

They are clear to anyone who walks the track and there are track maps available to track workers and teams that show the location of all of the loops including finish line and usually two or three split time areas.

|

4/8/2018 11:13 AM

nobody949 should rename himself knownothing.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250