Reed monster cup

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2018 8:36 AM

Jgr confirmed Reed will be racing monster. When are they going to announce his contract for the supercross season? Jgr IG

|

9/13/2018 8:38 AM

Fantastic, cant wait to see Reed this season. Lets go JGR definitely liked those guys for years but ill have to grab some gear from their site.

|

9/13/2018 8:42 AM

The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team and Chad Reed
set to race the Monster Energy Cup

Brea, CA (September 13, 2018) – The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team announces that two-time 450 Supercross champion Chad Reed will contest the Monster Energy Cup on Saturday, October 13th. Reed will be racing a Suzuki RM-Z450 and vying for the $1 million bonus of winning the richest Supercross race in the sport.

Chad Reed contested the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship finale at Ironman Raceway for the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team. The 36-year-old holeshot a moto and finished 5-8 for eighth overall. Reed has since spent several weeks testing the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing RM-Z450 at JGRMX’s Supercross track in North Carolina. The Australian is in great form and very comfortable on the Suzuki RM-Z450. This led to the mutual decision between rider and team to contest the Monster Energy Cup. Fourth on the all-time Supercross wins list, with 44 main event victories, Reed is eager to make a statement on the hybrid-style Supercross track.

“My experience with the team at the Ironman National was awesome,” stated Reed. “The race went better than I personally thought it would, because I wasn’t in 100 percent race shape. I achieved my personal goals. Since that time, I have continued to work with the team and help test the Suzuki RM-Z450. I’m enjoying the bike and team. I am looking forward to racing the Monster Energy Cup.”

Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team manager Jeremy Albrecht is excited to continue working with one of the sport’s most decorated athletes. “Chad Reed has been outstanding to work with. He has proven to be a valued addition to our testing program with the Suzuki RM-Z450. I’m eager to see Reed race in Las Vegas, and I think we will turn heads. This should be fun.”

In addition to racing, Chad Reed will be on hand to sign autographs and meet fans at the Suzuki display during the sixth annual AIMExpo, which will be held at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Convention Center. He will be joined by Weston Peick, who recently inked a contract extension with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team for 2019.

Reed and Peick’s autograph sessions will be on Thursday, October 11th and Sunday, October 14th from 11:30am – 12:30pm at the Suzuki display. AIMExpo attendees will also be able to take a tour through the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team Transport (which will be indoors, adjacent to the Suzuki display) on Thursday, from 10am – 2pm.
Learn more information about the AIMExpo by visiting www.aimexpousa.com. Please check www.jgrmxraceteam.com for more team news.

|

9/13/2018 9:11 AM

Reed is going to help develop that bike a ton.

|

9/13/2018 9:15 AM

Stoked!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/13/2018 9:23 AM

Speedy reedy!

|

9/13/2018 9:24 AM

GuyB wrote:

The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team and Chad Reed
set to race the Monster Energy Cup

Brea, CA (September 13, 2018) – The Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team announces that two-time 450 Supercross champion Chad Reed will contest the Monster Energy Cup on Saturday, October 13th. Reed will be racing a Suzuki RM-Z450 and vying for the $1 million bonus of winning the richest Supercross race in the sport.

Chad Reed contested the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship finale at Ironman Raceway for the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team. The 36-year-old holeshot a moto and finished 5-8 for eighth overall. Reed has since spent several weeks testing the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing RM-Z450 at JGRMX’s Supercross track in North Carolina. The Australian is in great form and very comfortable on the Suzuki RM-Z450. This led to the mutual decision between rider and team to contest the Monster Energy Cup. Fourth on the all-time Supercross wins list, with 44 main event victories, Reed is eager to make a statement on the hybrid-style Supercross track.

“My experience with the team at the Ironman National was awesome,” stated Reed. “The race went better than I personally thought it would, because I wasn’t in 100 percent race shape. I achieved my personal goals. Since that time, I have continued to work with the team and help test the Suzuki RM-Z450. I’m enjoying the bike and team. I am looking forward to racing the Monster Energy Cup.”

Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team manager Jeremy Albrecht is excited to continue working with one of the sport’s most decorated athletes. “Chad Reed has been outstanding to work with. He has proven to be a valued addition to our testing program with the Suzuki RM-Z450. I’m eager to see Reed race in Las Vegas, and I think we will turn heads. This should be fun.”

In addition to racing, Chad Reed will be on hand to sign autographs and meet fans at the Suzuki display during the sixth annual AIMExpo, which will be held at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Convention Center. He will be joined by Weston Peick, who recently inked a contract extension with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team for 2019.

Reed and Peick’s autograph sessions will be on Thursday, October 11th and Sunday, October 14th from 11:30am – 12:30pm at the Suzuki display. AIMExpo attendees will also be able to take a tour through the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team Transport (which will be indoors, adjacent to the Suzuki display) on Thursday, from 10am – 2pm.
Learn more information about the AIMExpo by visiting www.aimexpousa.com. Please check www.jgrmxraceteam.com for more team news.

I think the OP is referring to SX 2019.

|

9/13/2018 9:29 AM

Awesome.

|

9/13/2018 9:46 AM

Panic_Rev wrote:

I think the OP is referring to SX 2019.

In the body of his message, yes. In the title, no. smile

The news about the Monster Energy Cup came out a few minutes before his post. We were just filling in the blanks for those who hadn’t heard.

|

9/13/2018 9:52 AM

Reed was really good on the Suzuki his last go around.

Hope it goes well for him and the team, they deserve it.

|

9/13/2018 9:53 AM

How surprised would we be if he won MC? I am not saying he is or will but if he does I guess I wouldn't be blown away surprised.

Will he really be able to help them develop that bike? I don't see it he seems to be such head case picky set up guy and I am not seeing that transfer well to others.

|

9/13/2018 10:12 AM

GuyB wrote:

In the body of his message, yes. In the title, no. smile

The news about the Monster Energy Cup came out a few minutes before his post. We were just filling in the blanks for those who hadn’t heard.

Do you happen to know if this is a tryout of sorts for 19 SX? Or is Monster Cup the culmination of their efforts?

|

9/13/2018 10:15 AM

Zachintosh wrote:

Do you happen to know if this is a tryout of sorts for 19 SX? Or is Monster Cup the culmination of their efforts?

You know what I know. Around Ironman time it sounded like everyone wanted to make something work, but there needed to be sponsorship/dollars in place to make it work.

They already have two 450 guys (Hill and Peick) signed up for '19.

|

9/13/2018 10:28 AM

How can those bike suck so much and be so slow when they can pull holeshots all the time?

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/13/2018 10:35 AM

I think this has been brought up a few times, but did Chad have to part ways with Oakley to ride for JGR? Scott is a team sponsor or something like that?

|

9/13/2018 10:40 AM

Moto96 wrote:

How can those bike suck so much and be so slow when they can pull holeshots all the time?

To be fair, Bogle holeshot a lot. He holeshot a lot on the Geico bike. He's a great starter.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/13/2018 10:50 AM

This is awesome!

|

9/13/2018 11:04 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

I think this has been brought up a few times, but did Chad have to part ways with Oakley to ride for JGR? Scott is a team sponsor or something like that?

his IG JGR test pics he has both

|

9/13/2018 11:14 AM

RoflCopter726 wrote:

TJ 755 wrote:

his IG JGR test pics he has both

Scott is a JGR Team sponsor. He will be in Scott at Monster cup and for SX if he is signed. Everything since his first IG post he has been wearing Scott I believe.

|

9/13/2018 11:27 AM

Excellent news, just made my trip even more to look forward to.
What's the deal with the empty monster can, is it used to get in the pits for free or is that just the supercross?
Thanks

|

9/13/2018 12:28 PM

scottydogmx wrote:

Excellent news, just made my trip even more to look forward to.
What's the deal with the empty monster can, is it used to get in the pits for free or is that just the supercross?
Thanks

An empty monster can gets you into the pit party for free.

|

9/13/2018 3:03 PM

Sign Chad for ‘19

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

9/13/2018 3:38 PM

Top 5!

|

9/13/2018 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 7:33 PM

View this post on Instagram

Reed testing again today.... getting ready for MEC in Vegas

A post shared by Jeremy Albrecht (@jbonejgr) on

|

Cheers, Crush

9/13/2018 7:55 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Sign Chad for ‘19

They're working on it.

|

9/13/2018 9:58 PM

I see HILL standing around BSing . and REED putting in the Work

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

9/13/2018 10:06 PM

I see Reed being the #1 suzuki rider by the end of the supercross season.

|

9/13/2018 10:12 PM

|

Cheers, Crush

9/13/2018 10:57 PM

Crush wrote:

10 years ago on a Suzuki he was a QUAD DOG!!

Can the doggy come back out to play in 2019???

me thinks no

|

9/13/2018 11:00 PM

Zacka 161 wrote:

10 years ago on a Suzuki he was a QUAD DOG!!

Can the doggy come back out to play in 2019???

me thinks no

Interesting to compare though, can see some similarities in body position in the corners etc.

|

Cheers, Crush