Reed looks quicker than Hill.....

Related:
Create New Tag

9/10/2018 11:27 PM

Click bait I know but Just looking at Reed's and jgr insty. Reed is fricken hauling.... Looks like 2014 anaheim sorta speed. Through and of the berm he looks way quicker than last year... And looks super relaxed on the bike.

|

9/10/2018 11:30 PM

He may be 36, but if he's healthy, fit and on a bike he's 100% comfortable on, I still believe that he can surprise.

|

9/11/2018 1:06 AM

I wouldn't count Reedy out yet. Remember the last time he was on a yellow bike?
Photo

|

9/11/2018 1:33 AM

Never bet against Speedy Reedy cool

|

9/11/2018 1:38 AM

View this post on Instagram

Trying to beat the hurricane! ?@jgrmx

A post shared by Chad Reed (@crtwotwo) on

|

9/11/2018 3:06 AM

He still wants it so bad! Have to admire him

|

9/11/2018 3:20 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Sick hey. He didn't look like that last year

|

9/11/2018 4:56 AM

Judging someone on one short video is a waste, but the corner and straight prior aren’t exactly on form. The dedication and determination are another matter though!

|

9/11/2018 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 5:02 AM

PRM31 wrote:

Judging someone on one short video is a waste, but the corner and straight prior aren’t exactly on form. The dedication and determination are another matter though!

There was no part of that video that he wasn’t “on form”.

Hope reed does great this upcoming Supercross season. I’d like to see him podium.

|

9/11/2018 8:48 AM

Dougy1 wrote:

Click bait I know but Just looking at Reed's and jgr insty. Reed is fricken hauling.... Looks like 2014 anaheim sorta speed. Through and of the berm he looks way quicker than last year... And looks super relaxed on the bike.

Pretty hard to judge how someone is riding when they're not competing against others.

|

9/11/2018 8:51 AM

Video Reminds me when SX had a lot steeper downsides than today.

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

9/11/2018 9:01 AM

PRM31 wrote:

Please... post a video showing how you can do it better.

|

9/11/2018 9:07 AM

Photo
|

9/11/2018 9:09 AM

I think it's pretty damn badass , that a guy at his age can still drop the hammer like that , and has the will to still race. At his age , still being towards the very top of the rider's on planet earth.......how could you not think that's badass? I say " Give em' hell Reedy! "

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/11/2018 9:09 AM

I’m a Reed fan, but the human eye doesn’t measure speed. A clock does.
C. Pourcel would blow by people while his riding looked like he was on a sighting lap.

James was always “way faster”, even when the stop watch said otherwise.

|

9/11/2018 9:22 AM

Hilarious that you all think you can tell by a 20 second video....

|

9/11/2018 11:21 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

I think it's pretty damn badass , that a guy at his age can still drop the hammer like that , and has the will to still race. At his age , still being towards the very top of the rider's on planet earth.......how could you not think that's badass? I say " Give em' hell Reedy! "

Word ??

|

9/11/2018 11:35 AM

Regardless of the video, if you've been around the sport long enough and still bet against Reed, you haven't learned a damn thing.

|

9/11/2018 11:39 AM

Jgrmx commented on the video and said “news coming soon?”

|

9/11/2018 11:41 AM

logan_140 wrote:

I saw that, but wondered if they were taking a page out of the, "CR22: How to Create a Buzz" book. lol

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/11/2018 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 11:54 AM

logan_140 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I saw that, but wondered if they were taking a page out of the, "CR22: How to Create a Buzz" book. lol

Imo he will be signed to jgr before the monster cup. Makes to much sense for jgr not to.

|

9/11/2018 12:00 PM

logan_140 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Imo he will be signed to jgr before the monster cup. Makes to much sense for jgr not to.

I completely agree. I think they'd be stupid not to do it. SX only, guy can put it in the top 10 no problem and will probably have the longest autograph line

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/11/2018 12:33 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I completely agree. I think they'd be stupid not to do it. SX only, guy can put it in the top 10 no problem and will probably have the longest autograph line

Hope he gets the JGR ride. He can bring a ton of exposure, help improve bike set up, work with Peick, Hill and more important - the guys on the 250. Let him ride for two years SX only and then be a brand ambassador.

|

9/11/2018 12:46 PM

I think this whole 'tryout' deal may have been more about Reed showing what he could do for their social media followings than the actual riding. Everybody already knows how well Chad can ride if he is healthy and gelling with a bike.

I firmly believe it's injury and just being burnt out on the lifestyle that puts guys out at an early age. I don't think there are physical reasons why a 36 year old can't still run near the front in SX. Chad has gotten very good at balancing life and racing so that he can maintain his fire.

|

9/11/2018 12:52 PM

He's quicker than who?

|

9/11/2018 1:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 1:05 PM

He looks on fire. Racecraft is on point.

|

9/11/2018 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 1:13 PM

I still don't think he'd podium but it's a win for everyone involved

Reed: It's his best option
JGR: Huge autograph line and great visibility for them
Suzuki: "Reed is on a Suzuki woohoo, quit saying our bikes suck!"
Fans of the sport: Reed is still out there

|

9/11/2018 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/11/2018 1:19 PM

Yep, he still looks like Reed. Not sure how he would look "Relaxed" from watching the video, I guess if he crashed he would look "uncomfortable" but he looks like he always does.........................FAST !

|

Ed Johnson

9/11/2018 1:27 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

One of those guys I could watch ride a supercross track all damn day.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

9/11/2018 2:13 PM

DonM wrote:

Hilarious that you all think you can tell by a 20 second video....

His body language when hits those first fewjumps he looks a dam site more fluid then last year on the bike. Not to mention How the bike hooks up out of the berm an the speed he hits the whoops.. Btw you might wanna check the comments on his Instagram by elite sx an mx guys Commenting how good he looks.... It is only a short clip but he looks wayyyyy better then last year. Also check Hill hitting the whoops on jgr Instagram. Besides Hill hitting a beast quad Reed to me looked faster.. Whether that's the case I can't answer that, I'm purely going off what I can see...

|