Reed has spoken

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 4:17am
On Twitter about the tracks being dangerous. And the safety of the sport
|
newmann
3/23/2015 7:02am
He was singing a different tune when he cut over in front of a committed Canard. LOL.
Grieby54
3/23/2015 7:02am
Trey's no angle, huh? I suppose that's a bit of an obtuse remark *budump tish*
Grieby54
3/23/2015 7:03am
newmann wrote:
He was singing a different tune when he cut over in front of a committed Canard. LOL.
And he'd be singing a different tune if he went down or was involved in any of the crashes. It's comforting to know, though, that Reed has done the research and knows that our neck braces aren't even in the same category as the HANS devices in auto.

The Shop

MXD
3/23/2015 7:05am
Grieby54 wrote:
Trey's no angle, huh? I suppose that's a bit of an obtuse remark *budump tish*
I LOL'd at that.

Anyway, this is just Chad being opinionated. Nothing new and not much to see here. It's one man's opinion.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
3/23/2015 7:07am
I'm going to have to stick with Bubba's opinion on this. Where he isn't trying to remove jumps, but you can design a smarter track that promotes good and safer racing. This doesn't take anything away from what the sport of supercross really is.
Darryl916
3/23/2015 7:16am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 7:18am
Very interesting indeed. All parties involved make VERY valid points.

There is no easy "catch all" solution. What would make me safer will not work for someone younger with top amateur potential. The same measures will not make an established pro guy safer. And none of the above would easily gel together allowing a smooth transition from beginner kid -> potential top amateur -> local pro/ fast guy-> established professional -> Hobbiest/weekend worrier

This is a tough one for sure. Will take someone much smarter than me to figure it all out. I do think it needs to be looked at very closely though and some restructuring of the sport considered. Each demographic of the sport could benefit from some better structure. I hate that it comes to this as much as anyone, I'm an advocate of self control and common sense, but it's a byproduct of growth and going "mainstream". Fame, wealth, power, etc, are much more driving factors once something becomes more popular. Soon success starts to trump common sense. To be successful in MX/SX currently you HAVE TO do things that don't really make sense to compete or you may as well quit. Concern for safety in the moment for a racer isn't really an option if he want's to make it. A sketchy obstacle has to be done...It just has to, and you pretty much have to consider doing it first before anyone else, and last, after the track has deteriorated beyond where the trigger should still be pulled.

I'm thinking out loud but it's touchy. I hope someone can figure it out.
ATKpilot99
3/23/2015 7:21am
Are we sure thats actually Reed ? Lot of vitarted comments there.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/23/2015 7:23am
I still disagree with his point on bikes being better/safer now. Sure 4-strokes in general are easier to ride and track well but there is no need for a 450 or any bike motor that big in racing. When you wreck, pick up your bike, hit the gas and still clear a triple in front of you it becomes stupid.
Outsider
3/23/2015 7:25am
Anyone else tiring of his rants? At least with someone like DV there is knowledge but also humility.. with CR, not so much?
Hut
3/23/2015 7:27am
He's no angle either dudes common!
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/23/2015 7:27am
Outsider wrote:
Anyone else tiring of his rants? At least with someone like DV there is knowledge but also humility.. with CR, not so much?
I got annoyed by them starting several years ago. I do like the fact he speaks his mind but in my opinion it is usually bitchy or self serving or both.
3/23/2015 7:28am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 7:28am
I'm not really familiar with Twitter and don't want to be but I know it gets annoying when someone spams your FB News Feed, is this something you're meant to do on Twitter? Blink Anyway to me it seems like Chad's opinions are always based off his involvement with the incident.
3/23/2015 7:28am
"...Lots of fast guys?" In relation to most of us, yes. but compared to Tomac and Dungey, not so much.
Grieby54
3/23/2015 7:29am
Outsider wrote:
seth505 wrote:
I got annoyed by them starting several years ago. I do like the fact he speaks his mind but in my opinion it is usually bitchy...
I got annoyed by them starting several years ago. I do like the fact he speaks his mind but in my opinion it is usually bitchy or self serving or both.
Usually both because any time that dude opens his mouth it's self-serving. It's just a matter of whether or not he sounds bitchy.
kongols
3/23/2015 7:31am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 7:32am
I'm not really familiar with Twitter and don't want to be but I know it gets annoying when someone spams your FB News Feed, is this...
I'm not really familiar with Twitter and don't want to be but I know it gets annoying when someone spams your FB News Feed, is this something you're meant to do on Twitter? Blink Anyway to me it seems like Chad's opinions are always based off his involvement with the incident.
[size=100][color=red]Bingo[/color][/size]
Outsider
3/23/2015 7:33am
Hut wrote:
He's no angle either dudes common!
"common"

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Darryl916
3/23/2015 7:39am
Outsider wrote:
Yeah, I'm definitely on the record as saying the thing with Reed seems to be more an issue with the delivery than content. I don't really think he's trying to be a jerk all the time but he comes across on the extreme ends of the envelope when he speaks. Seems either really whiny or a complete pompous @ss talking down on everyone. The closest we get to even keeled from Chad is when everything is going his way and he is winning, then he seems to be the most laid back friendly guy out there. Funny how that works.

I try to remind myself Chad's not an American. Australians and British both speak English but we often take that for granted. Their inflection and subtleties of speech are often much different in their delivery and easy to misinterpret. I hope we are misinterpreting his intent and he's not the jerk he often comes across as.
3/23/2015 7:40am
Flip109 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/23/84893/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Might have to listen in

Might have to listen in

Get ready.
Grieby54
3/23/2015 7:41am
Outsider wrote:
Darryl916 wrote:
Yeah, I'm definitely on the record as saying the thing with Reed seems to be more an issue with the delivery than content. I don't really...
Yeah, I'm definitely on the record as saying the thing with Reed seems to be more an issue with the delivery than content. I don't really think he's trying to be a jerk all the time but he comes across on the extreme ends of the envelope when he speaks. Seems either really whiny or a complete pompous @ss talking down on everyone. The closest we get to even keeled from Chad is when everything is going his way and he is winning, then he seems to be the most laid back friendly guy out there. Funny how that works.

I try to remind myself Chad's not an American. Australians and British both speak English but we often take that for granted. Their inflection and subtleties of speech are often much different in their delivery and easy to misinterpret. I hope we are misinterpreting his intent and he's not the jerk he often comes across as.
Hard to read the inflection and subtleties in what they post on Twitter, yet it's easy enough to spot the jerk.
BD233
3/23/2015 7:43am
Bigger named guys getting hurt IS a cause for concern. They are the more skilled racers. You can expect some smaller named guys who don't have the skill/insticts/ability as the top guys to crash here and there, but when a top guy crashes hard, with the skill they have, it should be looked at. Reed's opinionated and he says a lot of meaningful, educated stuff, but this rant is not one of them. He's always going against the grain...Reed's more reactionary when we need to be proactive. It's a fact more guys get hurt now than anytime in the history of SX. My opinion is it's due to speed, and tracks built to accomodate that speed. Namely the 450. Too much power...just my opinion. No need to flame.
Darryl916
3/23/2015 7:44am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 7:53am

"Hard to read the inflection and subtleties in what they post on Twitter, yet it's easy enough to spot the jerk."

Touche. lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/23/2015 7:44am
MXD wrote:
I LOL'd at that.

Anyway, this is just Chad being opinionated. Nothing new and not much to see here. It's one man's opinion.
But it's also The opinion of someone who's out there doing it every weekend.
Outsider
3/23/2015 7:46am
Outsider wrote:
Darryl916 wrote:
Yeah, I'm definitely on the record as saying the thing with Reed seems to be more an issue with the delivery than content. I don't really...

You're right there.. when he's winning he's cool as a cucumber, other times, not so much. I can be a dick too, so who am I to judge..lol
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
3/23/2015 7:48am
MXD wrote:
I LOL'd at that.

GuyB wrote:
Still just an opinion, There are engineers in my industry that have done well at their trade for 20-30 years but if you listen to them you realize the company would be up in flames if you listened to their suggestions Laughing
MXD
3/23/2015 7:52am
MXD wrote:
I LOL'd at that.

GuyB wrote:
It sure is but he's also one of only a few who can ride at his level. His opinion is valid as it pertains to those top 5-8 guys that ride at his technical level. The rest of the field, not so much.
IceMan446
3/23/2015 7:53am
Flip109 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/03/23/84893/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Might have to listen in

Might have to listen in
At least KW gives some ideas.

What does Chad offer to the table? He was the one saying they need a riders union, but now is saying there wont be one. Why? What changed?

Either bring some change to the table and use your "name" to influence, or don't complain about the sport that has made you who you are.

KW doesn't have the championships or wins that Reed does, but he still commands more respect in the sport than Reed. IMO

PEPE001
3/23/2015 7:55am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Are we sure thats actually Reed ? Lot of vitarted comments there.
Even if it is Reed he talks about the Race Circus SX!
And they get paid to be part of the Circus!

For us amateurs most of the jumps are to dangerous!
Jroc
Fantasy
2533rd
3/23/2015 8:08am
Flip109 wrote:

Might have to listen in
What show is Kdub talking about?

Post a reply to: Reed has spoken

The Latest