Reed full season next year, anyone think it's possible?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2018 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2018 1:49 PM

I haven't watched any of the coverage so I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass but who wouldn't be surprised to see Reed run the full year in 2019 on JGR? Being away for so long and then having one good day goes a long way in forgetting how much you dislike it.

|

8/25/2018 1:54 PM

No. He certainly didn't give the impression that he would do it after the little interview Will did with him.

Long series, tough, guys are gnarly, etc. SX and family time is more up his alley.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/25/2018 1:56 PM

RandyS wrote:

I haven't watched any of the coverage so I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass but who wouldn't be surprised to see Reed run ...more

No idea how this all plays out but if Reed is as hungry as he says and appears to be today...some team could really make out. Chad has always looked good on the Suzi.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/25/2018 2:08 PM

Before the race on the Gold coverage, we could hear an interview with Reed and he stayed this was most likely his last MX race... said wife and 3 kids he didn't have the drive to do a full summer.

|

8/25/2018 2:29 PM

He's just working on his 2019 SX ride

|

8/25/2018 2:30 PM

No
But I hope he Rides a JGR Suzuki in SX
Funny how people doubt him
He is awsome

|

8/25/2018 2:34 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Before the race on the Gold coverage, we could hear an interview with Reed and he stayed this was most likely his last MX ...more

Time to cut those ties...he can always get another wife and kids...we're talkin' moto here. I kid, I kid...silly If he feels more comfortable indoors...then go for it. But, a motivated Reed doesn't suck outdoors either. Hope he gets this ride.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/25/2018 3:20 PM

Don't you think it would make sense for Chad to ride sx for jgr with filthy as a fill in for sx, then Phil takes Chads bike outdoors full time.

|

8/25/2018 3:23 PM

RY9MX wrote:

Don't you think it would make sense for Chad to ride sx for jgr with filthy as a fill in for sx, then Phil takes Chads bike ...more

The way Phil rode this year, he needs to be out there full time.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/25/2018 3:26 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Before the race on the Gold coverage, we could hear an interview with Reed and he stayed this was most likely his last MX ...more

Thought it was well known that he wouldn’t ride outdoors for a full season. Could see him on jgr sx only forsure

|

8/25/2018 4:14 PM

Who knows.

Maybe running his own show really took its toll,
more than even he realized. When you think about it,
nobody, ever, even attempted what he did these past few years.

He just might jell with JGR, have a real good
SX season, make it thru uninjured, kinda rested
both physically and mentally, and have JGR standing there waiving a big fat check.

|

8/25/2018 5:04 PM

line-up wrote:

He's just working on his 2019 SX ride

Exactly what he said on One Lap on "Ironman MX"...courtesy of VitalMX.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/25/2018 6:06 PM

Nope, not going to happen. Said in an interview today that today was his last outdoor motocross race he will ever do.

|

8/25/2018 6:16 PM

One and done. He races 2019 SX then retires. Apply the stamp.

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/25/2018 7:22 PM

I’d be happy with Chad indoors and Filthy outdoors.

|

8/25/2018 7:23 PM

RandyS wrote:

I haven't watched any of the coverage so I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass but who wouldn't be surprised to see Reed run ...more

Full Supercross season? Yes. Full Supercross and outdoors? I'm not sure. He says he's interested in doing Supercross. Check the One Lap video. Also, he was talking about this possibly being his last MX race.

|

8/25/2018 7:44 PM

Never say never when it comes to Chad Reed!
Never say never when it comes to a true champion!

|

8/25/2018 7:50 PM

He was on an SX only deal in ‘09 when he won his outdoor title.

|

8/25/2018 8:21 PM

At this stage in his career he may be stronger in MX compared to SX and not even know it.

|

8/26/2018 5:05 PM

RandyS wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Full Supercross season? Yes. Full Supercross and outdoors? I'm not sure. He says he's interested in doing Supercross. Check ...more

I watched your interview. I heard a big IF. Same thing he said about SX. I would not be surprised to see Reed at Hangtown.

|

8/26/2018 5:29 PM

If only there was a national in the south east, then I'm sure he'd show up just to race that one. I would have said no chance of him doing another outdoors race, but I woulda said the Same for KDub two weeks ago.

Though I don't want to see it go, If Budds Creek gets crossed off I want to see FL/GA get a race. I think one of matt walkers tracks would be ideal.

|

Greg D.
2018 yz250f

8/26/2018 6:03 PM

If he has a good 2019 SX season, I could see him hitting "select nationals" to keep his hat in the ring for the MXoN.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

8/26/2018 6:19 PM

The only reason Reed lined up for this national was to tell Aus they screwed up by not picking him for the mxon team. That's it.
No way hes racing a full outdoor season again.

|

8/26/2018 6:55 PM

Reed SX, Ferris MX done

|

8/26/2018 7:22 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

If he has a good 2019 SX season, I could see him hitting "select nationals" to keep his hat in the ring for the MXoN.

I think you’re spot on with this. If he lands a deal for SX, stays healthy and has decent results, I could see him doing select nationals to keep his name in the hat for the Aussie team. Assuming his remarks this year didn’t rub the deciding team the wrong way and they stiff his because of it. Kinda ridiculous how petty these sanctioning bodies are.

|

8/28/2018 9:07 AM

Full season yes, Top five No!

|

8/28/2018 1:31 PM

Totally possible. Him and Mookie. Grinding the nationals. 100% gonna happen.

|