Re(e)d for MXGP?

ga_pike
9/1/2017 6:39am
Is it legal to fly above someones property like that without their permission?
Legal? Yes. You own the land, not the air space. Morally right is a different question.
greenmx5
9/1/2017 6:46am
I heard Reed signed a one year SX only Moto XXX Honda deal running the new Alloy gear. THQ is all taking back the SX series stating that they're taking back what was originally theirs.
Adam43
9/1/2017 7:00am
Spy pics from a factory test track? Cool.

Drone pics lurking over private property? Greasy.
4rings
9/1/2017 7:08am
Adam43 wrote:

lol what.it's the same thing. layoff the maple syrup, eh.

The Shop

MiguelT.
9/1/2017 7:11am
Reed was amazing on Honda, pumped for him
tcallahan707
9/1/2017 7:30am
Adam43 wrote:

4rings wrote:
Is it?

A corporation builds a test track that's easily viewed by the public and were aware of it when they leased the property...

Or...

Buy land in a secluded area with personal funds with a certain expectation of privacy when purchased and technology has allowed people to infringe on that expectation.

Another way to put it. Walmart doesn't allow anyone in the back of a store but you can see in through the open loading docks from the road vs. I build a shop in a secluded area because I don't want people knowing what I have in there and someone is flying a drone up to the window and taking a peek.
tprice07
9/1/2017 8:46am
tingo wrote:
Bros, enjoy the ride...and the views.
https://youtu.be/KaOC9danxNo?start=126
Go over and check out what the Stewart Compound has going on.... Malcolm and Roger Larsen were out there the other day....as well as Herlings.
VicDaMoan03
9/1/2017 9:22am
ga_pike wrote:
Legal? Yes. You own the land, not the air space. Morally right is a different question.
If its legal to fly one over my property is it legal for me to shoot one down if it comes in range of my shotgun?
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
9/1/2017 10:21am
ga_pike wrote:
If its legal to fly one over my property is it legal for me to shoot one down if it comes in range of my shotgun?
I must say these posts do bring out the hypocrit in me as I would flip shit if someone was droning around my house.
sclark309d
Fantasy
2036th
9/1/2017 10:39am
early wrote:
I spy left side muffler?
RandyS wrote:
Looks well balanced.
Steadman wrote:
I'm no expert but I'm thinking Reedy should check those sprocket bolts. Laughing
well, any damned fool can tell those sprocket bolts are torqued just fine from here...sheesh - some people are just ridiculous...
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
9/1/2017 11:57am
ga_pike wrote:
Technically not.... Drones have the same rights as an airplane.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
9/1/2017 11:59am
ga_pike wrote:
MX Guy wrote:
I must say these posts do bring out the hypocrit in me as I would flip shit if someone was droning around my house.
It probably happens daily and you don’t know it.
Bigfoot
9/1/2017 12:22pm
ga_pike wrote:
Federal offense.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
9/1/2017 12:27pm
tcannon521 wrote:
It probably happens daily and you don’t know it.
I guess I don't feel that bad then
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
9/1/2017 12:34pm
ga_pike wrote:
I'm no criminal attorney, but I think it is generally frowned upon to shoot firearms at airplanes.
jeffro503
9/1/2017 1:10pm
ga_pike wrote:
No it isn't. In fact in the RC flying hobby , people have been sued for the property damage of the aircraft on top of " build hours " that it would take to put one together. It's also a felony and you could serve two years in jail for it. That's how the law works here in Oregon.

Law states ( along with the American model association ) that you are " suppose " to not fly over and build structures. BUT.....it does happen a lot on accident. It does not give a home owner the right to shoot down any aircraft , weather manned or not.

Reason being.....you shoot down my 10' wingspan bird that weighs 35lbs out of the sky....who is to say that son of s bitch does come down and kill someone? That....on top of destroying personal property....you would lose big time in any court.

It's happened all over the country at times....the guy flying the RC aircraft isn't the one who gets in trouble.
jeffro503
9/1/2017 1:13pm
Btw....I used to fly giant scale RC. Going to get back into it a little next summer. Airplanes though....not drones.
IceMan446
9/1/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 1:28pm
tingo wrote:
Side plates and crate corners are things I don't recognize well, but the FL sun glaring off the bright red plastics have me convinced that homeboy...
Side plates and crate corners are things I don't recognize well, but the FL sun glaring off the bright red plastics have me convinced that homeboy isn't riding a KTM next year. Either way, I hope he works a deal with someone (or himself again) to go racing come January.

That hasn't been decided yet.

He is just trying out bikes at the moment per Steve on this weeks pulpshow.
defeatist45
9/1/2017 1:40pm
At what point are you considered a stalker? Pretty sure you've crossed that threshold.
defeatist45
9/1/2017 1:42pm
Also what kind of range do those things have? You would have to get pretty close to the target, right?
twotwosix
9/1/2017 1:45pm
system wrote:
If that was the case, why go through the extra effort to put a 22 on the front plate?
That is an old Cycra stadium plate that he already had laying around with the preprint still on it.
9/1/2017 2:36pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Btw....I used to fly giant scale RC. Going to get back into it a little next summer. Airplanes though....not drones.
cool .. i used to fly rc helicopters for a few years and some airplanes , did you fly the earobatic big ones or just scale planes ??
jeffro503
9/1/2017 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 3:33pm
jeffro503 wrote:
cool .. i used to fly rc helicopters for a few years and some airplanes , did you fly the earobatic big ones or just scale...
cool .. i used to fly rc helicopters for a few years and some airplanes , did you fly the earobatic big ones or just scale planes ??
Hey Richard I flew for about 6 years. Got hurt bad in moto and stepped away for those 6 years. I got all the way up to 40% aircraft. My biggest one was a 126" across the wings ( Sukhoi ) running a DA- 170cc opposed twin. I only flew aerobatic. I went back down to the 50cc - 100cc birds mainly because of cost and I needed a bigger field to fly in. I've sold all my real big ones but still have a stock pile of 50cc , 100cc , 102cc , 105cc and a 116cc ( all BME motors ). Kept all my servo's , smartfly power distribution hardware and so forth. Actually now days I really enjoy flying my little 70" AJ slick and all my other electrics. Got tired of the gas stuff.
aeffertz
9/1/2017 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 5:17pm
MX Guy wrote:
Pretty sure OP Flys a plane, not a drone.
DPW
9/2/2017 6:09am
I may have missed it but is Chad racing the MXGP this weekend?

akmx17
9/2/2017 6:13am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2017 6:22am
Adam43 wrote:

4rings wrote:
Is it? A corporation builds a test track that's easily viewed by the public and were aware of it when they leased the property... Or... Buy...
Is it?

A corporation builds a test track that's easily viewed by the public and were aware of it when they leased the property...

Or...

Buy land in a secluded area with personal funds with a certain expectation of privacy when purchased and technology has allowed people to infringe on that expectation.

Another way to put it. Walmart doesn't allow anyone in the back of a store but you can see in through the open loading docks from the road vs. I build a shop in a secluded area because I don't want people knowing what I have in there and someone is flying a drone up to the window and taking a peek.
IM sorry, there is a difference between flying over Factory X's track and doing it at someones house.

If you can't see that I get it.....kind of....... but its pretty fucking weird to me.

Someones house, YOUR house means privacy. Factory X's test track, fuck it, youre suppose to spy on me and that company, I mean, Its assumed already that people will be doing spy photos for every team as everyone is right next door to every other factory team.

But if I am florida, at my house that no one should even no about to begin with and you're flying your drone over me, fuck you and your fucking vital thread.

Fuck you dude you piece of shit. How you justify spying on a rider at their house baffles me. You're a piece of shit.
jeffro503
9/2/2017 6:49am
4rings wrote:
Is it? A corporation builds a test track that's easily viewed by the public and were aware of it when they leased the property... Or... Buy...
Is it?

Or...

akmx17 wrote:
IM sorry, there is a difference between flying over Factory X's track and doing it at someones house. If you can't see that I get it.....kind...
IM sorry, there is a difference between flying over Factory X's track and doing it at someones house.

If you can't see that I get it.....kind of....... but its pretty fucking weird to me.

Someones house, YOUR house means privacy. Factory X's test track, fuck it, youre suppose to spy on me and that company, I mean, Its assumed already that people will be doing spy photos for every team as everyone is right next door to every other factory team.

But if I am florida, at my house that no one should even no about to begin with and you're flying your drone over me, fuck you and your fucking vital thread.

Fuck you dude you piece of shit. How you justify spying on a rider at their house baffles me. You're a piece of shit.
AK , calm down man. We had this very same discussion over on the RC boards many , many times years ago. We did it in a civil way. This is a newer topic " here "......but on the RC boards , it's been going on a long time.
kiwifan
9/3/2017 1:12pm
system wrote:
If that was the case, why go through the extra effort to put a 22 on the front plate?
twotwosix wrote:
That is an old Cycra stadium plate that he already had laying around with the preprint still on it.
lol yeah so instead of leaving the stock one on that came with the bike, he went for the extra effort to bring out an old front plate, take the new one off and mount the old one, makes sense.

Post a reply to: Re(e)d for MXGP?

The Latest