Reed finally getting to test

Zycki11
2/7/2018 10:03am
ehr400 wrote:
The Chad saga is getting old. Just insert different date and brand you can use the same comments and end results.
Zycki11 wrote:
The same can be said for many on vital posting about chad. The vital saga is getting old. Just insert different date and member you can...
The same can be said for many on vital posting about chad.

The vital saga is getting old. Just insert different date and member you can use the same comments and end results.
ehr400 wrote:
So are fanboi's
LOL do yourself a favor and use that thing that is three feet above your ass and in-between your ears before you type
brocster
2/7/2018 10:07am
ehr400 wrote:
The Chad saga is getting old. Just insert different date and brand you can use the same comments and end results.
Zycki11 wrote:
The same can be said for many on vital posting about chad. The vital saga is getting old. Just insert different date and member you can...
The same can be said for many on vital posting about chad.

The vital saga is getting old. Just insert different date and member you can use the same comments and end results.
ehr400 wrote:
So are fanboi's
So why do you come here again? Specifically this thread?

I get it, I get it, you are better than us...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/7/2018 10:11am
brightgrey wrote:
Great news for Chad and the sport as a whole, I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath to see him start battling for 15th...
Great news for Chad and the sport as a whole, I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath to see him start battling for 15th place instead of 19th.
Much like they were waiting here for your post.

While we'd all like to see the riders at peak performance, the injury has obviously set him back. Seeing the look his face, it pained me to watch him try and remove his boot at A1.

Though he may not be anywhere near 100 percent, I like the sport better with Chad in it.
twotwosix
2/7/2018 10:28am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 10:29am
brightgrey wrote:
Great news for Chad and the sport as a whole, I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath to see him start battling for 15th...
Great news for Chad and the sport as a whole, I know everyone has been waiting with bated breath to see him start battling for 15th place instead of 19th.
GuyB wrote:
Much like they were waiting here for your post. While we'd all like to see the riders at peak performance, the injury has obviously set him...

While we'd all like to see the riders at peak performance, the injury has obviously set him back. Seeing the look his face, it pained me to watch him try and remove his boot at A1.

Though he may not be anywhere near 100 percent, I like the sport better with Chad in it.
I agree with your post GuyB. Glad Reedy is out there!

But I do have to say, Chad would be in a much better position today if he was in professional supercross racer shape when he broke his foot. I have never liked how he lets himself go every summer. I don't think a professional supercross racer should ever be seen 20 pounds heavier than his in-season weight, having not been in the gym or on a bike for 4 months, when he's healthy all summer. It doesn't take much to not get chubby in the off season lol. Not when it's your job.

Chad should have been training like an average guy 4 days a week for an hour or so and he shouldn't have gone more than a month off the bike at a time. This mountain he's climbing could have been 40% smaller had he been in average shape. The kind of shape Brayton stays in each summer.

The Shop

cdiazg
2/7/2018 10:49am
twotwosix wrote:
I agree with your post GuyB. Glad Reedy is out there! But I do have to say, Chad would be in a much better position today...

But I do have to say, Chad would be in a much better position today if he was in professional supercross racer shape when he broke his foot. I have never liked how he lets himself go every summer. I don't think a professional supercross racer should ever be seen 20 pounds heavier than his in-season weight, having not been in the gym or on a bike for 4 months, when he's healthy all summer. It doesn't take much to not get chubby in the off season lol. Not when it's your job.

Chad should have been training like an average guy 4 days a week for an hour or so and he shouldn't have gone more than a month off the bike at a time. This mountain he's climbing could have been 40% smaller had he been in average shape. The kind of shape Brayton stays in each summer.
Totally agree with this!
BobbyM
2/7/2018 11:01am
brightgrey wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Much like they were waiting here for your post. While we'd all like to see the riders at peak performance, the injury has obviously set him...

twotwosix wrote:
I agree with your post GuyB. Glad Reedy is out there! But I do have to say, Chad would be in a much better position today...

You don't know fucking shit do you?
greenmx5
2/7/2018 11:23am
Once reed gets in shape he will easily break top 10. Maybe a few top 5s by the end of the season. You can't go all week without seat time and expect to get top 10 in this class. I'm predicting top 10 by Atlanta or st louis and top 5 in foxborough
toroP
2/7/2018 11:30am
ehr400 wrote:
Like 2014? Same as then?
Or last year? Struggling but still found the speed to pass and drop Dungey, the eventual champ?
Describe this saga.
I think Chad is getting old, not the story.
BobKerr
2/7/2018 11:32am
greenmx5 wrote:
Once reed gets in shape he will easily break top 10. Maybe a few top 5s by the end of the season. You can't go all...
Once reed gets in shape he will easily break top 10. Maybe a few top 5s by the end of the season. You can't go all week without seat time and expect to get top 10 in this class. I'm predicting top 10 by Atlanta or st louis and top 5 in foxborough
That is a solid bet. I agree.
BroFoSho
2/7/2018 11:41am
His ankle is causing pain and he is not in the conditioning to do 20+1 right now, I get it.

But you would think he could still go fast for ONE LAP in practice to get a good time. But he can't even break into the Top 20. Being able to test now isn't magically going to make him go 3 seconds a lap faster.
life_of_jaze
2/7/2018 11:41am
zac_k3 wrote:
I don’t really think that’s going to change anything, you don’t go from what he’s getting to podiums simply with suspension adjustments.
Whatev
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
2/7/2018 12:43pm
brightgrey wrote:
GuyB wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

Stay in race shape year round and retire at 27 like RV, RC, RD, etc.? Or be a human in the off season and race until you're 35+
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
2/7/2018 1:01pm
Pretty sure CR could have retired when he was 27 as well if he wanted to
Belg
2/7/2018 1:14pm
Technicaltouch ...wow . expect the unexpected this weekend from fat but happy reedy .
doofy
2/7/2018 1:29pm
ehr400 wrote:
Damnit posts like this keep me coming back here.

Thank you sir
gerg
2/7/2018 1:56pm
Does anyone know how "stock" the his Husky is?
2/7/2018 2:34pm
gerg wrote:
Does anyone know how "stock" the his Husky is?
I doubt it is as stock as Brayton's Honda and he goes alright, Factory bikes are'nt magic. Stock 450 engines are enough.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
2/7/2018 2:45pm
we have all seen over the years how picky Reed is with bike set up.. and we have seen it time and time again.. he goes into heat races and gets his ass handed to him.
makes one little adjustment and then comes out and podiums haha.

its just reed.. thats how he works. and thats why Goose and him have stuck by each other for so long.
The knowledge Goose would have compared to every other mechanic in the pits is beyond.
As RC4 said.. them two together at there best, is the Dream Team Duo ahah.

I wont be surprised to see Reed podium end of this year.
typical reed fashion. every one counts him out and then all of a sudden he randomly pops up and decides to ride well..
As old and slow he can be.. You still just cant count him out.
Zycki11
2/7/2018 4:38pm
GuyB wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

kevin204 wrote:
Stay in race shape year round and retire at 27 like RV, RC, RD, etc.? Or be a human in the off season and race until...
Stay in race shape year round and retire at 27 like RV, RC, RD, etc.? Or be a human in the off season and race until you're 35+
Exactly. The guy has the talent to make a main with zero testing, one leg, zero endurance and very very little practice. Yet people on this site feel the need to spout off how they think he is old and done. I can’t wrap my head around it really. One of the all time greats and people are negative about him for being out there still qualifying etc.

PJRAUS
2/7/2018 4:58pm
kevin204 wrote:
Stay in race shape year round and retire at 27 like RV, RC, RD, etc.? Or be a human in the off season and race until...
That's a good point...he has a life and a family...spends half the year just enjoying all that, plus he still loves to race...probably why he isn't burned out and keeps coming back.. If he were on a team and was required to race the Nationals as well....probably wouldn't go well...
Well, last week he was 14th, week before he was , 19th, this weekend , my guess is he qualifies straight from the heat race and finishes 12th in the main....would not be surprised if he breaks tho top ten however.
Once he starts getting a decent look in, the horns will come out...no more getting lapped for a start!
greenmx5
2/7/2018 5:02pm
twotwosix wrote:

kevin204 wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Exactly. The guy has the talent to make a main with zero testing, one leg, zero endurance and very very little practice. Yet people on this...
Exactly. The guy has the talent to make a main with zero testing, one leg, zero endurance and very very little practice. Yet people on this site feel the need to spout off how they think he is old and done. I can’t wrap my head around it really. One of the all time greats and people are negative about him for being out there still qualifying etc.

I'm going to assume that a lot of the people making those comments weren't watching when reed was lighting up the scene in 2003-2012. Yes, since then hes shown some flashes and won some races but never really was in championship contention. I mean shit last year reed was on it for a night and beat dungey straight up. The guy is just so damn picky with his bike. And I think with old age, if things aren't his way and he's not feeling the track, he cashes in for the night.
gerg
2/7/2018 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2018 6:02pm
kevin204 wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Exactly. The guy has the talent to make a main with zero testing, one leg, zero endurance and very very little practice. Yet people on this...

greenmx5 wrote:
I'm going to assume that a lot of the people making those comments weren't watching when reed was lighting up the scene in 2003-2012. Yes, since...
I'm going to assume that a lot of the people making those comments weren't watching when reed was lighting up the scene in 2003-2012. Yes, since then hes shown some flashes and won some races but never really was in championship contention. I mean shit last year reed was on it for a night and beat dungey straight up. The guy is just so damn picky with his bike. And I think with old age, if things aren't his way and he's not feeling the track, he cashes in for the night.
That was such a massive deal over here in AU back then as up until Reed there was really no one that would even be considered to run the speed at the level for AMA SX and MX.
The AMA was considered just so out of reach of any of our riders, then Chad goes over there and suddenly he's beating RC and challenging for the championship in his first year.
Didnt hear much about his 125 championship the year before though because back then it was exceptionally difficult to get any coverage for the local scene let alone international. Was basically mates swapping movie files or DVDs and reading forums.

If we had the coverage we have these days over here, to witness an Aussie not only break into the series but to do it in the way he did, the MX scene over here would shit bricks.

But yeah, people who criticize him for what he is doing now are so dumb it actually physically hurts.
make1go
2/7/2018 6:08pm
The usual parade of never been no one, bagging on a someone.. Spose its like therapy for them, tis outright boring for those who can appreiciate excellence and love the sport.
Go CR 22
make1go
2/7/2018 6:12pm
gerg wrote:
That was such a massive deal over here in AU back then as up until Reed there was really no one that would even be considered...
That was such a massive deal over here in AU back then as up until Reed there was really no one that would even be considered to run the speed at the level for AMA SX and MX.
The AMA was considered just so out of reach of any of our riders, then Chad goes over there and suddenly he's beating RC and challenging for the championship in his first year.
Didnt hear much about his 125 championship the year before though because back then it was exceptionally difficult to get any coverage for the local scene let alone international. Was basically mates swapping movie files or DVDs and reading forums.

If we had the coverage we have these days over here, to witness an Aussie not only break into the series but to do it in the way he did, the MX scene over here would shit bricks.

But yeah, people who criticize him for what he is doing now are so dumb it actually physically hurts.
Could have been the 'Americas Cup" all over again, but i doubt turdbull would be calling for a national holiday..
greenmx5
3/3/2018 9:53pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Once reed gets in shape he will easily break top 10. Maybe a few top 5s by the end of the season. You can't go all...
Well, I did predict top 10 by Atlanta.. lol
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
3/3/2018 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 11:21pm
BobKerr wrote:
Awesome. Top 10 should come within the next 5 races.
Wink

Also, nicely done greenmx5
3/3/2018 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2018 11:23pm
GuyB wrote:

twotwosix wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
You don't know fucking shit do you?

I agree with twotwosix

mx317
3/4/2018 12:39am
I noticed tonight Reed had KYB forks and WP shock.

Post a reply to: Reed finally getting to test

The Latest