Reed doing it for his love of the sport

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2018 1:39am
Man props to reed for once again digging into his pockets and doing it for his love of the sport. Could anybody not like the guy? He just loves riding dirtbikes. On the other hand js7 is silent. get em at A1 reedy
|
Motofinne
12/31/2017 6:10am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2017 6:12am
Why bring JS7 into this? He doesn't owe us anything. I'm happy for Stew!

Yes, it's fantastic to see CR still going for it. Especially for me personally since he has been my favorite rider ever since i grew up watching SX from 04->.

But i have to say that i'm a bit worried. He wasn't fit when he broke his foot and he has 2 weeks on the bike before A1. It can be a long and tough season results wise.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2747th
12/31/2017 6:10am
Yea because everyone's circumstances are exactly the same. Lame dig at Stewart
logan_140
12/31/2017 6:23am
Motofinne wrote:
Why bring JS7 into this? He doesn't owe us anything. I'm happy for Stew! Yes, it's fantastic to see CR still going for it. Especially for...

Yes, it's fantastic to see CR still going for it. Especially for me personally since he has been my favorite rider ever since i grew up watching SX from 04->.

But i have to say that i'm a bit worried. He wasn't fit when he broke his foot and he has 2 weeks on the bike before A1. It can be a long and tough season results wise.
Just think it’s lame how he’s going out,lost redbull because he wouldn’t promote them etc. just release an video thanking the fans and call it a career. I like stew but there is a better way he could do this.
logan_140
12/31/2017 6:24am
Motofinne wrote:
Why bring JS7 into this? He doesn't owe us anything. I'm happy for Stew! Yes, it's fantastic to see CR still going for it. Especially for...

I’m sure reed knows he’s not gonna win a championship, i see a win if the stars align right.. no reason he can’t be consistent top 5 imo tho

The Shop

yak651
Fantasy
214th
12/31/2017 6:38am
Is Reed going to whine about his own bike he provides when he doesn't win?
tkimb
12/31/2017 6:58am
yak651 wrote:
Think everyone could agree he doesn't need excuses to not win. The young guys on factory rides should be beating him, especially after being hurt.
I do hope he looks better on this bike than the last couple we've seen him on and maybe get at least a podium by the end
lumpy790
12/31/2017 7:18am
A CR22 & JS7 team would be cool!

Hell I would even cut them a check and I do not do that for anyone else besides Legends & Heroes !
mxb2
12/31/2017 7:36am
lumpy790 wrote:
A CR22 & JS7 team would be cool! Hell I would even cut them a check and I do not do that for anyone else besides...

Hell I would even cut them a check and I do not do that for anyone else besides Legends & Heroes !
Why, they are rich. Donate to a good cause. Homeless, hungry, animal.shelters.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
12/31/2017 8:01am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2017 8:01am
logan_140 wrote:
Man props to reed for once again digging into his pockets and doing it for his love of the sport. Could anybody not like the guy...
Man props to reed for once again digging into his pockets and doing it for his love of the sport. Could anybody not like the guy? He just loves riding dirtbikes. On the other hand js7 is silent. get em at A1 reedy
I think it’s awesome how Reed is pulling this together but he’s still making good money from his sponsors. He’s definitely not doing this series for free.
Dcross829
12/31/2017 8:06am
Is he really going to line up for A1? Just seems too soon
mxracer32
12/31/2017 8:24am
lumpy790 wrote:
A CR22 & JS7 team would be cool! Hell I would even cut them a check and I do not do that for anyone else besides...

Hey lumpy! Long time no see!

I’ve been saying this since day 1. Both are business oriented. They don’t need to train together or like each other. But from a sponsor standpoint- having BOTH under the same tent on Saturday ? Marketing dream.
honda341
12/31/2017 8:38am
Why does everyone think the things people do is purely selfless. Reed is riding because he can make money doing it. He may love the sport, but if he were paying for it, purely with no help from sponsors and only relying on payout like a true privateer, he wouldn't be doing it. Emig isn't such a brave soul for over coming his speech impediment, just so we can hear him talk about the sport he loves. He is doing it because they pay him to do it. This is a job, whether it is the announcers, the riders, the Monster girls, or the free ride videos that are put out, they all do it for the all mighty dollar. No reason to heap praise on them for trying to make a buck.
oshow
12/31/2017 8:41am
yak651 wrote:
No, he's going to go on an Internet forum and hate on a random nobody like you..
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/31/2017 9:06am
Good luck to Chad this year. Great to see him out there!
ob
12/31/2017 9:20am
Reed and Mookie together on a team, now that would be cool and probably be valuable to sponsors. I like both of those guys.
logan_140
12/31/2017 9:44am
ob wrote:
Reed and Mookie together on a team, now that would be cool and probably be valuable to sponsors. I like both of those guys.
That would be awesome.
downard254
12/31/2017 10:02am
Hey, I used to love it when Dowdy was going out there and kicking young guys butts, and now that I’m over 50, I applaud any older dude who tries to take it to the young guys. (Note: older dudes who have speed enough to actually beat the younger guys. Not really that hip on Ronnie Ford being out there running a much slower pace. Could end badly for a rider with the potential to qualify)
Stephon
12/31/2017 10:23am
logan_140 wrote:
Man props to reed for once again digging into his pockets and doing it for his love of the sport. Could anybody not like the guy...
Good post until the dig at Stewart. The guy did the work that he did while he did it. Now he’s doing something else...not a crime.

I look forward to seeing Chad out there, but I’m happy for James if he’s had enough of risking his life being a world-class competitor. Many would love to have his kind of options.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
12/31/2017 10:28am
I’ll put money reed will beat barcia and Webb more than a few times this year. Yamaha will be sorry. Top 8 overall if he stays healthy.
mxjon454
12/31/2017 1:05pm
lumpy790 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Its his money, don't tell him how to spend it lol. Leave that donating to you.
mxb2
12/31/2017 1:12pm
lumpy790 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
Its his money, don't tell him how to spend it lol. Leave that donating to you.
Yep true, his money. And yes I do .and my time.
jeffro503
12/31/2017 1:38pm
logan_140 wrote:
I couldn't agree more!!

The way I see it.....he doesn't need the money , and just loves to compete. If he can still make mains and do well.....then hell why not? Shit if I had that money , speed and talent , I'd race in the big leagues into my 40's! Weather Chad is your favorite rider or not.....you have to give that guy huge props! The " being a Vet " thing is why I cheer for that guy so much!
jeffro503
12/31/2017 1:42pm
honda341 wrote:
Why does everyone think the things people do is purely selfless. Reed is riding because he can make money doing it. He may love the sport...
Why does everyone think the things people do is purely selfless. Reed is riding because he can make money doing it. He may love the sport, but if he were paying for it, purely with no help from sponsors and only relying on payout like a true privateer, he wouldn't be doing it. Emig isn't such a brave soul for over coming his speech impediment, just so we can hear him talk about the sport he loves. He is doing it because they pay him to do it. This is a job, whether it is the announcers, the riders, the Monster girls, or the free ride videos that are put out, they all do it for the all mighty dollar. No reason to heap praise on them for trying to make a buck.
Once you have made all the money you'll ever need......you really don't need any more. Chad aint doing this for money ( even though some helps ).....he's doing it because he loves to race dirt bikes. And he's fucking good at it!

Do it till you can't......like the rest of us vet's! Only much faster.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
12/31/2017 1:50pm
honda341 wrote:
Why does everyone think the things people do is purely selfless. Reed is riding because he can make money doing it. He may love the sport...
Don't hold back any, tell us how you really feel.
Ya know, some guys actually put in a lot of effort before they ever made a dime though. I think it's pretty cool that some can live a very good life doing what they love.
TM
IceMan446
12/31/2017 1:53pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
I’ll put money reed will beat barcia and Webb more than a few times this year. Yamaha will be sorry. Top 8 overall if he stays...
I’ll put money reed will beat barcia and Webb more than a few times this year. Yamaha will be sorry. Top 8 overall if he stays healthy.
Reed won't beat Webb this year in the series standings. In fact at very few races if any.

Reed is out of shape, just started riding and will be behind once he does join the series IMO

Barcia won't make the whole year.
Tuna
12/31/2017 1:54pm
Lol at people saying he is doing it for the love of the sport. While that may be part of it, he’s not in it to lose money. He is a businessman.
jeffro503
12/31/2017 1:58pm
Tuna wrote:
Lol at people saying he is doing it for the love of the sport. While that may be part of it, he’s not in it to...
Lol at people saying he is doing it for the love of the sport. While that may be part of it, he’s not in it to lose money. He is a businessman.
What if his goal was to just break even? Kind of like what the goal is for every single privateer out there. Some lose a lot of money every year , but believe it or not , some of those guys do it for the race. And that's it.....love of the sport. Yeah , there are guys like that out there.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
12/31/2017 1:59pm
logan_140 wrote:
I’m sure reed knows he’s not gonna win a championship, i see a win if the stars align right.. no reason he can’t be consistent top...
I’m sure reed knows he’s not gonna win a championship, i see a win if the stars align right.. no reason he can’t be consistent top 5 imo tho
Nah I don't believe in a consistent top 5. There are too many good riders on the line.
Maybe that would be possible had he had a full off season. But basically the heart of the off season he has been on the couch. At that age you're not going back up to speed that quickly.

Hope I'm wrong. A2 2014 was one of the coolest races when he came from 7th or so to win
jeffro503
12/31/2017 2:00pm
Ask yourself this......if you had 40 mil in the bank , would you risk your own neck to make another 500K? What would be the point , if not for the love of the sport?
Tuna
12/31/2017 2:05pm
Tuna wrote:
Lol at people saying he is doing it for the love of the sport. While that may be part of it, he’s not in it to...
jeffro503 wrote:
What if his goal was to just break even? Kind of like what the goal is for every single privateer out there. Some lose a lot...
What if his goal was to just break even? Kind of like what the goal is for every single privateer out there. Some lose a lot of money every year , but believe it or not , some of those guys do it for the race. And that's it.....love of the sport. Yeah , there are guys like that out there.
He wants to break the all time starts record. He likes racing. Maybe he is happy to just break even but in my opinion he is too savvy of a businessman to just break even. He is a polarizing figure and I’m happy to see him continue to race but I think it’s naive to assume he is only doing it for the love. He loves money and attention as well.

Post a reply to: Reed doing it for his love of the sport

The Latest