Reed comment "AMAZING " regarding JS7

RedRum666
Edited Date/Time 4/30/2014 2:49am
Listening to the PulpMX from last night - Which I must say most the time is a great listen in the morning hours while at work - ....in any event, when Steve breaks the news about Stewart racing vegas during his Reed interview and the knee not being as bad as it may have been, Reed in the background spits out " Amazing" with a little hint of sarcasm......

Anyone want to take a stab at what he was implying...or do you think he was saying amazing he wasnt hurt more?
|
kongols
4/29/2014 8:12am
It`s just Reed being Reed. Nothing new here.
IceMan446
4/29/2014 8:12am
Stirring shit up like always. Reed has a knack for that.
RedRum666
4/29/2014 8:19am
Indeed,,,,Reed being Reed..I was waiting for more...but wasnt sure is he was just being sencere as he made quite a few positive comments towards James this year...or implying something else....Pretty much all the guys Emig, RC, JT$ and so forth thought for sure he had a big problem...and I bet James did too.... I thought I broke my leg once....turned out to be a knarly bruise.....
davistld01
4/29/2014 8:37am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 8:38am
Reed & Stewart have not exactly been great buddies...ever. I think they tolerate each other more than they used to, but I doubt either one invites the other over on Sunday afternoons for a BBQ either. I think that comment by Reed was just CR's poking the bear a little...just to get some controversy started. No big suprise.

The Shop

bradmackey
4/29/2014 8:42am
I feel like it's more of a jab at the smoke & mirrors bullshit all the heavy hitters engage in. Either way, like Davis said... POKIN' THE BEAR.
RedRum666
4/29/2014 9:02am
Oh for sure they are not best friends. no secret there....over the past couple years I think the " tolerance level " has improved and they are the "veterans" out there, so I think they have that going for them.....
hvaughn88
4/29/2014 9:08am
I think you're probably just reading a little to much into it.
peelout
4/29/2014 9:10am
IceMan446 wrote:
you don't think that Reed has had a pretty legitimate reason to form an opinion about Stewart from his years of racing with him?
davistld01
4/29/2014 9:13am
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
you don't think that Reed has had a pretty legitimate reason to form an opinion about Stewart from his years of racing with him?
And vice versa?
peelout
4/29/2014 9:23am
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
And vice versa?
absolutely.

i'm just saying we don't need to scrutinize every single word these guys say, especially when they're making a comment about someone they have had a fierce competitive nature with for the last decade.
jeffro503
4/29/2014 9:25am
Last few years they have been running each other pretty clean. I'd rather see that than a demolition derby out there. James and Chad both talk a little shit about each other.....nothing new.
DemoDick
4/29/2014 9:32am
I like it....stir the pot a little. At least it give us something to talk about. If they were all buddy buddy what fun would that be?
4/29/2014 9:41am
Maybe it was genuine.

Because, honestly, I find it amazing that JS7 will be attempting to race at every round this season.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/29/2014 10:35am
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
On the other hand, when has Reed ever not been snarky. About everything. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
IceMan446
4/29/2014 10:41am
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
On the other hand, when has Reed ever not been snarky. About everything. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I agree FTE. More so when its regarding James though IMO

He is by far the biggest troll when it comes to social media. Smart move to get his sponsors out there so I cant knock the guy but it gets old after a while.
RandyS
4/29/2014 10:47am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 10:49am
I'll be called a hater, racist, and whatever else the fanboys want to call me.

Stewart has been a bit of a drama queen in the past, it's usually when he knows he can't win. RV kicked the shit out of the "fastest man on the planet" thing the week after people on this board called him a Greek god and a hundred other stupid comments and he hasn't let up. I don't know what happened on Saturday, he certainly did something that could have been bad, I don't know if it was or not. But that's what Reed was snickering about. Stamp It.
Spartacus
4/29/2014 10:51am
RandyS wrote:
I'll be called a hater, racist, and whatever else the fanboys want to call me. Stewart has been a bit of a drama queen in the...

Stewart has been a bit of a drama queen in the past, it's usually when he knows he can't win. RV kicked the shit out of the "fastest man on the planet" thing the week after people on this board called him a Greek god and a hundred other stupid comments and he hasn't let up. I don't know what happened on Saturday, he certainly did something that could have been bad, I don't know if it was or not. But that's what Reed was snickering about. Stamp It.
Stop it with the critical thinking, it doesn't fit in around here.
RandyS
4/29/2014 10:57am
RandyS wrote:
I'll be called a hater, racist, and whatever else the fanboys want to call me. Stewart has been a bit of a drama queen in the...

Spartacus wrote:
Can I still use run on sentences that are twice as long as they need to be, I can actually write pretty well but I never do it on this board, I don't know why, I just kind of type the way my brain works without thinking about structure, and I hardly ever correct it.
kongols
4/29/2014 11:01am
RandyS wrote:

So you tied Reed`s snickering to this forum? I`m telling you- this place is center of the Universe.
RandyS
4/29/2014 11:07am
RandyS wrote:

kongols wrote:
So you tied Reed`s snickering to this forum? I`m telling you- this place is center of the Universe.
Since I don't believe English to be your first language I'll give you a pass. I was just using RVs dominance every week after the week that JS7 was so dominant as a reason Reed would be snickering. I simply used the comments of this board to describe the race whose location I can't remember. See my run on sentence comment above for the rest.
kongols
4/29/2014 11:13am
RandyS wrote:
Since I don't believe English to be your first language I'll give you a pass. I was just using RVs dominance every week after the week...
Since I don't believe English to be your first language I'll give you a pass. I was just using RVs dominance every week after the week that JS7 was so dominant as a reason Reed would be snickering. I simply used the comments of this board to describe the race whose location I can't remember. See my run on sentence comment above for the rest.
Don`t you think it`s laughable for a guy who sits who knows which season on a couch to be "snickering" about a guy who`s made it to the final round of the series?
RandyS
4/29/2014 11:17am
RandyS wrote:
Since I don't believe English to be your first language I'll give you a pass. I was just using RVs dominance every week after the week...
kongols wrote:
Don`t you think it`s laughable for a guy who sits who knows which season on a couch to be "snickering" about a guy who`s made it...
Don`t you think it`s laughable for a guy who sits who knows which season on a couch to be "snickering" about a guy who`s made it to the final round of the series?
Nowhere in my post did I make any statement about my view on the incident nor Reeds comments, I just explained what I believe to be behind Reeds snickering. This is based on comments I've heard in the past from many people including industry players.
4/29/2014 11:54am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 11:58am
IceMan446 wrote:
peelout wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
And vice versa?
As for the comment, he probably thinks James is a pussy. "Look at me...I rode with a broken shoulder...and James pulls off after a knee sprain"
4/29/2014 11:57am
RandyS wrote:

Spartacus wrote:
Spartacus, you think Randy's suggesting that

a) RV dominating a field that included a quite sick James Stewart constitutes "kicking the shit out of the FMOTP," and

b) that JS pulled off in NJ basically in a fit because he was losing to RV yet again, and thought pulling off with an pretend knee injury would help him avoid the embarrassment of losing -- even though his reaction to the leg-plant was immediate and obviously one of a lot of pain

...qualifies as "critical thinking"?

If you answered YES to that question -- and that's purely rhetorical because you already admitted you do -- then I'm going to use my own powers of critical thinking to deduce that you're a big fucking idiot. Er, wait, Randy is. No, you. Both! Both!

Stewart is choosing to race at Vegas against a Villopoto who has the momentum of a 3-race win streak, and no championship pressure, with an injured knee. Given these three facts, don't you think that even Stewart believes there's a good chance RV will beat him again? If he cares so much about not embarrassing himself, as Randy suggests, why wouldn't he skip Vegas?

In closing, why do you dislike black people, Spartacus?
RedRum666
4/29/2014 11:58am
Reading through the lines I am hearing what I thought it to be (reeds comment).....he was " snarking" if you will about James pulling off appearing to be hurt (dramatic) yet a few days later he is giving the im good to go.....

Not knowing what did to the knee and or the pain he had felt when it happened - there isnt much more you can say pther than it sure looked knarly..didnt hear anyone say " that was nothing".......I guess you cant blame the guy for pulling off considering his and the sports history of knee destroying.... I mean, why continue to ride and make something that MAY not be so bad even worse .....I mean, a rider who knew he was hurt wouldnt go out there risking more damage for the "drama/attention" factor or anything....??
davistld01
4/29/2014 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/29/2014 12:16pm
I really don't think James Stewart needs to go all Kardashian to draw any more attention to himself. If I had experienced as many knee issues as he has in the past, and I put my leg out to dab in a corner and I felt something "slip", or experienced any feeling similar to what I'd felt in the past...you could bet your ass I would be pulling off the track to do an evaluation. How could he know how serious the issue was? He probably just knew something wasn't right.

I didn't hear Reeds comment, but Reed probably still has a bit of the arrogance that he had when he was younger, so him making a "snarky" comment isn't a huge shock, especially when it's directed at Stewart.
IceMan446
4/29/2014 12:47pm
James ruined Chad at Unadilla in 2002, I understand his frustration and hate towards James.

But he should let that go already. Damn.
4/29/2014 12:54pm
IceMan446 wrote:
James ruined Chad at Unadilla in 2002, I understand his frustration and hate towards James.

But he should let that go already. Damn.
Exactly. In Stewart's defense, Reed kept saying that he could run with JS if he got a decent start.

Post a reply to: Reed comment "AMAZING " regarding JS7

The Latest