Reed and Stewart........this is bullsh.......

P
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 10:16am
How do the top two guys in the sport not have their schedules planned out months ahead of time??? Reed is bullshit'n with his maybe I'll race and maybe I won't, and so is James with his I don't have a ride crap.

If they don't want to race they should just say it and step into the background. If they only want to race a few selected events then say that and announce the events, but no one should believe that they can't get equipment or backing to race the series if they actually want to. That's how I see it.

P
|
crowe176
5/14/2009 9:07am
I heard James suspension won't be back from Japan in time.

Holla!
P
5/14/2009 9:08am
crowe176 wrote:
I heard James suspension won't be back from Japan in time.

Holla!
EAD.

P
jtomasik
5/14/2009 9:10am
They have money and clout. They are likely doing what they feel is right to preserve their high dollar contracts for as long as possible, and that means staying out of MX. Personally, I don't really believe the teams can't support them. I think it's their decision, along with the team's, to protect their health for long term SX success.

Hell, I offered my 2004 RM250 to Stewart free for use for the entire MX season, and he never replied. It's pretty obvious it isn't a lack of equipment.
huck
5/14/2009 9:25am
I think a personal letter to both of them is in order...

P, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's ALL about the drama leading up to the race. Imagine how boring it would be if they both said they weren't racing...

The Shop

P
5/14/2009 9:25am
jtomasik wrote:
They have money and clout. They are likely doing what they feel is right to preserve their high dollar contracts for as long as possible, and...
They have money and clout. They are likely doing what they feel is right to preserve their high dollar contracts for as long as possible, and that means staying out of MX. Personally, I don't really believe the teams can't support them. I think it's their decision, along with the team's, to protect their health for long term SX success.

Hell, I offered my 2004 RM250 to Stewart free for use for the entire MX season, and he never replied. It's pretty obvious it isn't a lack of equipment.
If they aren't going to and/or don't want to they should just say it.

P
P
5/14/2009 9:26am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:55pm
huck wrote:
I think a personal letter to both of them is in order... P, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's ALL about the drama...

P, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's ALL about the drama leading up to the race. Imagine how boring it would be if they both said they weren't racing...
Drama is for bitches.

P
jtomasik
5/14/2009 9:26am
huck wrote:
I think a personal letter to both of them is in order... P, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's ALL about the drama...

I've already extended the RM250 offer to Stew. I heard nothing back. Nothing.
P
5/14/2009 9:28am
The whole thing with them is very unprofessional IMHO.

P
jtomasik
5/14/2009 9:34am
Yeah, P. You're right. But, who really cares? We're going to get some great racing with or without them.
Big Lenny
5/14/2009 9:35am
jtomasik wrote:
They have money and clout. They are likely doing what they feel is right to preserve their high dollar contracts for as long as possible, and...

Hear a rumor that Nike was footing the bill for James...
jtomasik
5/14/2009 9:36am
jtomasik wrote:

Big Lenny wrote:
Hear a rumor that Nike was footing the bill for James...
Ooooo...maybe I can get them to pay me some money to rent my RM.
P
5/14/2009 9:38am
jtomasik wrote:
Yeah, P. You're right. But, who really cares? We're going to get some great racing with or without them.
That may be true, but to top guys always help. When the "stars" of a league don't make it to the championship game or series interest falls off. If those two guys were racing I might be more inclined to hit an extra race.

P
huck
5/14/2009 9:38am
P wrote:
Drama is for bitches.

P
Then bitches is what James and Chad (and their handlers) are...
MX479Guy
5/14/2009 9:40am
P wrote:
How do the top two guys in the sport not have their schedules planned out months ahead of time??? Reed is bullshit'n with his maybe I'll...
How do the top two guys in the sport not have their schedules planned out months ahead of time??? Reed is bullshit'n with his maybe I'll race and maybe I won't, and so is James with his I don't have a ride crap.

If they don't want to race they should just say it and step into the background. If they only want to race a few selected events then say that and announce the events, but no one should believe that they can't get equipment or backing to race the series if they actually want to. That's how I see it.

P
James made that decision long ago when he signed a SX only contract.

IMO he's just hyping himself, but the reality is he won't be racing 12 rounds this summer.

Reed has the option and is trying to get his program together, we'll see how it works out.
JoeBraxton
5/14/2009 9:46am
I read that Decoster is working on getting the funding from Japan. Try to imagine how much money it would take to bring Reed into this championship? Probably a few million?
MX479Guy
5/14/2009 9:46am
jtomasik wrote:

P wrote:

P
P,

I politely asked Larry Brooks after he posted on here what races James was racing this summer. This was after he talked about James' "contract", which had to have been signed and known I'm sure. For those of us with families that would like to see James race, and he never replied.

It's all a game and hype circus.

Tom
huck
5/14/2009 9:49am
James is just trying to save face...
jtomasik
5/14/2009 9:52am
JoeBraxton wrote:
I read that Decoster is working on getting the funding from Japan. Try to imagine how much money it would take to bring Reed into this...
I read that Decoster is working on getting the funding from Japan. Try to imagine how much money it would take to bring Reed into this championship? Probably a few million?
Washington should give some bailout money to bring in Stewart and Reed.
P
5/14/2009 9:55am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:55pm
jtomasik wrote:

P wrote:

P
MX479Guy wrote:
P, I politely asked Larry Brooks after he posted on here what races James was racing this summer. This was after he talked about James' "contract"...
P,

I politely asked Larry Brooks after he posted on here what races James was racing this summer. This was after he talked about James' "contract", which had to have been signed and known I'm sure. For those of us with families that would like to see James race, and he never replied.

Tom
Do they not realize that him being on the track is all the hype they need??? If anything this maybe I'll race and maybe I won't pisses people off. That's just MHO.

P
88sdad
5/14/2009 9:59am
Reed and Stewart are the most loved/hated racers on this board.
With out them racing, you guys could find other racers to love/hate.
MX479Guy
5/14/2009 10:01am
P wrote:

P
MX479Guy wrote:
P, I politely asked Larry Brooks after he posted on here what races James was racing this summer. This was after he talked about James' "contract"...
P,

Tom
P wrote:
Do they not realize that him being on the track is all the hype they need??? If anything this maybe I'll race and maybe I won't...
Do they not realize that him being on the track is all the hype they need??? If anything this maybe I'll race and maybe I won't pisses people off. That's just MHO.

P
I agree.

I see it as this, James said he wanted to take the summer off and rest. One of the big reasons he signed a SX only contract. Now it seems like he just can't stand to not be in the spotlight, enjoy his summer off, and relax watching the other guys beat themselves up for 12 long rounds.

He said he was tired and wanted the summer off. Then he said he can't find a ride. Then he said he wants to race but no team money. Now he says he wants to race but the team won't help him.

He signed on to race SX, he made his decision a long time ago.

James, you are not the entire sport! Relax, enjoy your summer off, and kick back. Show up and sign some auto's, and meet n greet fans at the races. No racing pressure, no risk of injury. This is a HUGE opportunity to still be the fan favorite, even if he isn't racing. Which i feel he will do, show up and not race, but hang out, and enjoy all that he has earned, risk of injury free.

Remember he said he'll be at GH, but never said racing GH.

Tom.
GHOPPER
5/14/2009 10:22am
I think James is just messing with Reed. When Reed thought James wasnt racing the nats, he would, because he thought he had a chance at the title. James is just messin with Chad making him think he is going to race and now chad is back peddling about them because he dont want to spend all summer in 2nd. This is just my wacked opinion on it from the far outside looking in.
rileymx
5/14/2009 10:23am
i think this drama is bad for the races, but mostly for the other racers that are trying to put a deal up, imagine all the doughts that the sponsors are having about the out come of the grills...??? who is going to be the contenders...???? how do they chose the riders to invest on...???? what is left of the buget for the privateers...????
i see it has a media manouver to give js and cr even more exposure ......taken all out off the sport itself.......i wonder if you could do a race just with the 2 of them....???????
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/14/2009 10:23am
P wrote:
Drama is for bitches.

P
huck wrote:
Huck (shaking head).
huck
5/14/2009 10:27am
P wrote:
Drama is for bitches.

P
huck wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Huck (shaking head).
Steve...who is creating the drama?

hillbilly
5/14/2009 10:31am
if it keeps from growing the sport I'm all for them stayin' hhome.Keeps out all the poser fags who steal your sheet and sue tracks when they cant" single to table" ®.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/14/2009 10:38am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:55pm
What's creating the drama? I'd say it's mostly the economy, followed closely by the impatience of everyone on the board(s).

On the Suzuki side, I think Chad wants to do it, and they're looking for some additional funds to pay his potential bonuses.

On the L&M side, I think there's a some interest. Racers are racers, and the idea of sitting out (after going 24-0 last season) might be a little tough.

Running the whole year-long calendar is tough. But I think K-Dub realized last year that doing only half isn't quite enough. It's something that each rider needs to decide for themself.

Yes, it would be cool if we knew exactly what was going on with each team and rider. But obviously all this stuff will work itself out by the time the gate drops at GH. I'll be there watching. The attendance (or lack of attendance) of one or two guys will not make or break the series. There will be plenty of stories to talk about between now and Steel City.
Big Lenny
5/14/2009 10:41am
MX479Guy wrote:
I agree. I see it as this, James said he wanted to take the summer off and rest. One of the big reasons he signed a...
I agree.

I see it as this, James said he wanted to take the summer off and rest. One of the big reasons he signed a SX only contract. Now it seems like he just can't stand to not be in the spotlight, enjoy his summer off, and relax watching the other guys beat themselves up for 12 long rounds.

He said he was tired and wanted the summer off. Then he said he can't find a ride. Then he said he wants to race but no team money. Now he says he wants to race but the team won't help him.

He signed on to race SX, he made his decision a long time ago.

James, you are not the entire sport! Relax, enjoy your summer off, and kick back. Show up and sign some auto's, and meet n greet fans at the races. No racing pressure, no risk of injury. This is a HUGE opportunity to still be the fan favorite, even if he isn't racing. Which i feel he will do, show up and not race, but hang out, and enjoy all that he has earned, risk of injury free.

Remember he said he'll be at GH, but never said racing GH.

Tom.
What a crybaby...
Factoryphoto
5/14/2009 10:46am
GuyB wrote:
What's creating the drama? I'd say it's mostly the economy, followed closely by the impatience of everyone on the board(s). On the Suzuki side, I think...
What's creating the drama? I'd say it's mostly the economy, followed closely by the impatience of everyone on the board(s).

On the Suzuki side, I think Chad wants to do it, and they're looking for some additional funds to pay his potential bonuses.

On the L&M side, I think there's a some interest. Racers are racers, and the idea of sitting out (after going 24-0 last season) might be a little tough.

Running the whole year-long calendar is tough. But I think K-Dub realized last year that doing only half isn't quite enough. It's something that each rider needs to decide for themself.

Yes, it would be cool if we knew exactly what was going on with each team and rider. But obviously all this stuff will work itself out by the time the gate drops at GH. I'll be there watching. The attendance (or lack of attendance) of one or two guys will not make or break the series. There will be plenty of stories to talk about between now and Steel City.
period.
huck
5/14/2009 10:47am
GuyB wrote:
What's creating the drama? I'd say it's mostly the economy, followed closely by the impatience of everyone on the board(s). On the Suzuki side, I think...

Basically the riders and their "people" are...

As if they don't know if they are running the series, 2 days before the opening round.

After all, without the "impatient fans", these guys wouldn't have to worry about it!

Post a reply to: Reed and Stewart........this is bullsh.......

The Latest