Reed VIP Experience

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2018 7:12 PM

Has anyone done this and how was your experience?

|

1/24/2018 7:19 PM

There was a post on this a week or so back. Sounds like everyone who did it were pretty happy with their experience.

|

1/25/2018 1:21 PM

$1200 per person, no matter the experience a limited few can afford that.

|

1/25/2018 1:30 PM

sam hain wrote:

Meanwhile at the Grand prix of Monaco:
Photo

|

KX125

1/25/2018 1:34 PM

If only Jesse Wentland had of thought of this first!

|

1/25/2018 2:34 PM

Lucifa. wrote:

If only Jesse Wentland had of thought of this first!

The Jesse Wentland Experience. For $19.99 you get a warm foamy beer in a souvenir cup, and get to do a quick track walk before he misses out in qualifying and you head for the exit gate, just like Jesse!

|

1/25/2018 4:12 PM

sam hain wrote:

You would be amazed at how many people can not only afford that but spend far more than that on fuel for their jets....just to go shopping....where they spend serious money. And they still consider that chump change. I work in the aircraft industry and have seen a dad buy two 18 million dollar jets for his twin sons high school graduation presents. He flew in on his BBJ and said he considered our planes "Kias". Most working folks simply have no idea what rich really means and how many rich folks are out there.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/25/2018 4:33 PM

sam hain wrote:

plowboy wrote:

You would be amazed at how many people can not only afford that but spend far more than that on fuel for their jets....just to go shopping....where they spend serious money. And they still consider that chump change. I work in the aircraft industry and have seen a dad buy two 18 million dollar jets for his twin sons high school graduation presents. He flew in on his BBJ and said he considered our planes "Kias". Most working folks simply have no idea what rich really means and how many rich folks are out there.

Living in Southern California I can't believe the amount of people that are able to afford homes that are1 million plus.

$1,200 for a awesome day with some cool souvenirs is a drop in the bucket for many.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

1/25/2018 4:41 PM

sam hain wrote:

plowboy wrote:

a $1200 fan experience isn't for the wealthy. You're gonna tell me you couldn't come up with $1200 for a unique life experience related to your #1 passion? how many of you spend that much on coffee and tobacco in a year? its a hundred dollars a month for crying out loud. Not exactly lifestyles of the rich and famous to save up $1200 for a special occasion.

|

1/25/2018 5:02 PM

if he's still racing next year after I move back to CA, and he does the VIP thing again, I'll do it for sure

|

1/25/2018 5:06 PM

sam hain wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

a $1200 fan experience isn't for the wealthy. You're gonna tell me you couldn't come up with $1200 for a unique life experience related to your #1 passion? how many of you spend that much on coffee and tobacco in a year? its a hundred dollars a month for crying out loud. Not exactly lifestyles of the rich and famous to save up $1200 for a special occasion.

People bitching about 1200 for vip kills me. Or ticket prices for the races. As the sport grows, so will the ticket prices. I have my own track. When I go to a public track and pay 25 bucks, I can’t help but wonder how they make it. Just crazy. It’s vip. If you can’t afford it, it’s not for you.

|

1/25/2018 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2018 5:14 PM

JohnnyD13 wrote:

People bitching about 1200 for vip kills me. Or ticket prices for the races. As the sport grows, so will the ticket prices. I have my own track. When I go to a public track and pay 25 bucks, I can’t help but wonder how they make it. Just crazy. It’s vip. If you can’t afford it, it’s not for you.

well, those aren't my points at all. I'm just saying even the guy with a modest income can afford something like this. It has more to do with one's priorities than how much money they make.

whether it's worth it or not, is neither here nor there. same with ticket prices...

|

1/25/2018 5:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2018 5:54 PM

Katoomey wrote:

JohnnyD13 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

well, those aren't my points at all. I'm just saying even the guy with a modest income can afford something like this. It has more to do with one's priorities than how much money they make.

whether it's worth it or not, is neither here nor there. same with ticket prices...

You are spot on. It's totally about priorities. People like to buy shit because it brings them positive emotions for a moment, but then those go away so they need to go find the next high. Materialism is a never ending emotional roller coaster. It's well known that experiences make people happier, yet we don't prioritize them. It's amazing how much the budget opens up when you realize there is no need to keep buying Starbucks, new iPhones, DirectTV, new cars, etc. And damn does it feel good to escape that mentality. Keeping up with the Jones's is a great way to never be fulfilled.

|

1/25/2018 7:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2018 7:41 PM

Every few years I make it a plan to go to a Major Moto Event;

Many Oversea's GP, in the 70's when I was stationed there
Buds Creek for the MXDN
Glen Helen for the US GP's
Several SX's around the country
Several Outdoor Motocross events
Three ISDE Events
Europe and some more GP's for sure soon
Many more

All of them in FM Mode

I'm in for CR22 at the Oakland SX

Life is short, enjoy it?

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

1/25/2018 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2018 5:21 PM

|

1/26/2018 8:15 PM

sam hain wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

1200 bucks to hang with Reedy is no where out of line. That wasn't really how I interpreted the OP's comment. 1200 times mom, dad, and a couple of kids to folks that already thought cheap seats were an extravagance. My point was that there are people out there that wouldn't consider 5k an expensive night out.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

1/26/2018 9:37 PM

Tim507 wrote:

Buds Creek for the MXDN
Three ISDE Events
Many more

All of them in FM Mode

I'm in for CR22 at the Oakland SX

Life is short, enjoy it?

Life’s short. Stunt it.

|

1/26/2018 9:57 PM

It's impossible to determine absolutely if something is "worth" whatever the price is because it may be for one individual but not for another individual. Who is right?
That being said, masses of people pay 3 to 5 times that amount, and sometimes way more, just to sit in the stands for big stick and ball playoff games. If you are a diehard moto fan and you won't miss any meals over 1200 bucks, the offer seems like a steal. How many fans of any sport get a similar opportunity with one of the elite legends of that sport? How much would a golf nut pay to hang with a legendary PGA pro for hours on the day of a tournament?

|

1/27/2018 3:37 AM

Tim507 wrote:

Buds Creek for the MXDN
Three ISDE Events
Many more