Reed: “US rules and Europe sucks”

DPW
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:53pm
|
jeffro503
6/20/2010 11:10am
WOW!! i wasn't expecting that from Reed.

Side note...."Team Euro".....please take that statement and stick in your cake hole! You can use it as a giant cork to plug that black hole between your lips.

On a side note...I disagree with Reed on this. The GP's have a ton of talent and are just "different". look what the GP's produced as far as Townley , Langston , MM , A.C. and including Reed himself.

Maybe Reed is a little on the down side right now from yesterday....who knows. Give him some time to cool down and he'll be back to being a cool and slick cat in no time.
yamazuki
6/20/2010 11:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
WOW!! i wasn't expecting that from Reed. Side note...."Team Euro".....please take that statement and stick in your cake hole! You can use it as a giant...

Side note...."Team Euro".....please take that statement and stick in your cake hole! You can use it as a giant cork to plug that black hole between your lips.

On a side note...I disagree with Reed on this. The GP's have a ton of talent and are just "different". look what the GP's produced as far as Townley , Langston , MM , A.C. and including Reed himself.

Maybe Reed is a little on the down side right now from yesterday....who knows. Give him some time to cool down and he'll be back to being a cool and slick cat in no time.
+2
6/20/2010 11:14am
jeffro503 wrote:
WOW!! i wasn't expecting that from Reed. Side note...."Team Euro".....please take that statement and stick in your cake hole! You can use it as a giant...

Maybe Reed hasn't changed as much as we thought.Shocked

The Shop

J.F.S
6/20/2010 11:18am Edited Date/Time 6/20/2010 11:19am
Reed got beat when he tried racing in Europe, that needs to be taken in to consideration IMO.
jeffro503
6/20/2010 11:18am
Revver......I think he's just feeling a little down right now.....can't blame him , Dungey schooled him yesterday.

I bet we here some kind of an apology or something along those lines sometime in the next week

Sometimes the emotions take over and you spit out things you don't really mean.
MXEditor
6/20/2010 11:20am
Dizzzzzzzzamn!!

Speechless about that! How's the PR machine rolling along?

His agent must have flipped.
Ing
6/20/2010 11:29am
What's the big deal? It's true isn't it?
Drfletcher
6/20/2010 11:33am
Like we didn't that already? Europe has produced some very good riders but the level of consistency of the US riders is greater here in the States.
Cigaro
6/20/2010 11:48am
It is what it is! AMA Nats have the best of the best!Woohoo
bvm111
6/20/2010 11:50am
He said what he thinks and that is one of the reasons I like Chad Reed!

When did this society turn into a bunch of pansies that always has to be nice so we don’t offend anybody or hurt anyone’s feelings?

Grow some testicles everyone and quit emoting on here like your wives are standing behind you as you type your response to his 100% absolutely true statement!

GO REED!
joe101uk
6/20/2010 11:54am
I can't believe Reed is still pissed that Cairoli played with him at the MXdN.
Masonry
6/20/2010 11:59am
joe101uk wrote:
Cairoli didn't play with Reed. They pulled a bigger lead than a usual GP race and it was in Italy.
kongols
6/20/2010 12:03pm
I agree that GP`s under Luongo`s management sucks. As far as racing goes, it`s just different. Racers get screwed big time.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
6/20/2010 12:10pm
kongols wrote:
I agree that GP`s under Luongo`s management sucks. As far as racing goes, it`s just different. Racers get screwed big time.
+2

Giuseppe should go cut some hair or something...
joe101uk
6/20/2010 12:11pm
joe101uk wrote:
Masonry wrote:
Cairoli didn't play with Reed. They pulled a bigger lead than a usual GP race and it was in Italy.
Yeah i was just screwing around mate.

The FIM champ beat the AMA champ straight up though. Yeah it was in Italy but everyone said how the track was more like supercross. Fuck that was an awesome first race.
bigborefan
6/20/2010 12:21pm
I didn't think it was that bad. Nothing to get all spun up over anyway. He had a sly little grin after all.
6/20/2010 12:41pm
It´s the truth, finally someone has the guts to say it. everybody knows it.
yosmithy
6/20/2010 12:48pm
Where is this "Europe" everyone keeps mentioning?
RACERX69
6/20/2010 12:55pm
I don't think Europe and it's riders suck. Far from it actually. The guy's are very fast, but most of what Reed said is true, especially the part about more top GP riders would leave the GP's if they could ride SX. Steve Everts is a prime example. He is certainly King of the GP's, but I think his candle will never burn as bright as a Jeremy Mcgrath or a Sir Richard Carmichael.
DPW
6/20/2010 1:08pm
I agree.....been Reed fan since his YOT days...he gets better every year!
englishman
6/20/2010 1:17pm
I like Reed but that was plain disrespectful and extremely unprofessional.

" U.S rules and Europe sucks, heh heh " Glad to notice non of the assembled reporters etc joined in with his little laughter.

He then follows it up with " I loved it there " ??

Sounds like he's pissed because Dungey is schooling him.

Always very dissappointing when a person openly slams an entire continent , an entire race series and all the riders, managers, team personnel etc associated with it and all the effort those people put forth with their racing .
Masonry
6/20/2010 1:20pm
englishman wrote:
I like Reed but that was plain disrespectful and extremely unprofessional. " U.S rules and Europe sucks, heh heh " Glad to notice non of the...

" U.S rules and Europe sucks, heh heh " Glad to notice non of the assembled reporters etc joined in with his little laughter.

Always very dissappointing when a person openly slams an entire continent , an entire race series and all the riders, managers, team personnel etc associated with it and all the effort those people put forth with their racing .
Before you get your panties in a bunch, re-analyze your statement.

He said that and than laughed and followed it up by saying that he loved it there. He was obviously just throwing it out there in a joking manner while also saying that riders would rather come here to America.
englishman
6/20/2010 1:23pm
Masonry wrote:
Before you get your panties in a bunch, re-analyze your statement. He said that and than laughed and followed it up by saying that he loved...

He said that and than laughed and followed it up by saying that he loved it there. He was obviously just throwing it out there in a joking manner while also saying that riders would rather come here to America.
Got it - panties re adjusted.
Outsider
6/20/2010 1:29pm
Reed's cool... I hope he starts picking up the pace though. I fear we may see some more of the "old Chad" if he keeps getting worked.

6/20/2010 1:33pm
RACERX69 wrote:
I don't think Europe and it's riders suck. Far from it actually. The guy's are very fast, but most of what Reed said is true, especially...
I don't think Europe and it's riders suck. Far from it actually. The guy's are very fast, but most of what Reed said is true, especially the part about more top GP riders would leave the GP's if they could ride SX. Steve Everts is a prime example. He is certainly King of the GP's, but I think his candle will never burn as bright as a Jeremy Mcgrath or a Sir Richard Carmichael.
It's all about relativity as Einstein once said.

That candle burns bright ... wherever you're standing. Jeremy McGrath and Michael Carmichael are only known by the hardcore mx/sx incrowd over here in Europe.

6/20/2010 1:38pm
But Reed's got a point. The best European, Australian, New Zealand and don't forget the Mongolian racers (want) to go racing in the US.
Maybe because you have those SX shows?
oldx
6/20/2010 1:44pm
englishman wrote:
I like Reed but that was plain disrespectful and extremely unprofessional. " U.S rules and Europe sucks, heh heh " Glad to notice non of the...

Masonry wrote:
Before you get your panties in a bunch, re-analyze your statement. He said that and than laughed and followed it up by saying that he loved...

Maybe he was talking about the fact they can make more money here.

Post a reply to: Reed: “US rules and Europe sucks”

The Latest