Reed , Pastrana and more racing on FS1 tonight.

mx295
Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 2:11pm
|
9bro9
4/22/2020 2:41pm
Normally would think this is a bit dorky, but given the circumstances this is pretty cool. Maybe eventually having races against random fans who aren't SIM pros could be a possibility? Who wouldn't want to brag that they beat Pastrana or Reed ? just my .02
MXMattii
4/22/2020 5:07pm
9bro9 wrote:
Normally would think this is a bit dorky, but given the circumstances this is pretty cool. Maybe eventually having races against random fans who aren't SIM...
Normally would think this is a bit dorky, but given the circumstances this is pretty cool. Maybe eventually having races against random fans who aren't SIM pros could be a possibility? Who wouldn't want to brag that they beat Pastrana or Reed ? just my .02
I understand your take, but when you hear those professionals talk about the fact that it is at least as difficult and even a bit harder to go fast in iRacing I don't think it's dorky. I said it in non-moto: "I've tried my brothers Sim-Rig and after one hour of getting blasted with advice from him (and he's very good in it), four or maybe six laps was the furthest I got without crashing. And he gave me a pretty easy track (Texas Oval) where you only need to play with your throttle and steer. No breaking or other things.

I'm very close to buying a steering wheel and pedals myself, it's itching.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/23/2020 9:11am
9bro9 wrote:
Normally would think this is a bit dorky, but given the circumstances this is pretty cool. Maybe eventually having races against random fans who aren't SIM...
MXMattii wrote:
I understand your take, but when you hear those professionals talk about the fact that it is at least as difficult and even a bit harder...
I understand your take, but when you hear those professionals talk about the fact that it is at least as difficult and even a bit harder to go fast in iRacing I don't think it's dorky. I said it in non-moto: "I've tried my brothers Sim-Rig and after one hour of getting blasted with advice from him (and he's very good in it), four or maybe six laps was the furthest I got without crashing. And he gave me a pretty easy track (Texas Oval) where you only need to play with your throttle and steer. No breaking or other things.

What game are you referring to?
mx1313
4/23/2020 9:52am
Professional fake racing. J...H...F...C....let this COVID-19 pandemic end soon.

The Shop

DerickYZ
4/23/2020 10:31am
mx1313 wrote:
Way to be negative about it, dick.
MX Culture
4/23/2020 10:45am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 10:45am
mx1313 wrote:
DerickYZ wrote:
I totally agree with mx1313, so..
DerickYZ
4/23/2020 10:58am
mx1313 wrote:
DerickYZ wrote:
MX Culture wrote:
I totally agree with mx1313, so..
Can’t make everyone happy. People are bitching and complaining that there is nothing going on really with SX/MX. Granted I know this isn’t even motocross, however, it’s still Motorsports (in a way). Yeah it’s on a video game, but be grateful for people atleast trying to provide us fans with some entertainment. I think it’s cool that 2 icons from our sport are trying something different in the E-Sport world during this time. Again, can’t make everyone happy.
mx1313
4/23/2020 11:45am
I totally get there is no racing and it kinda sucks. I wish this crap with COVID-19 never happened. But for fuck sake, this is retarded.

So...Eddie... you are inviting us to watch real professional fake racing? You know me Clark, nothing but the best for you.
mx617
4/23/2020 11:57am
Sort of related but sort of not. I remember vaguely a couple years back seeing one of the F1 guys in his simulator and he did a lap with his eyes closed. Mindboggling how much time he must have spent in the rig to be able to do that.

They were also talking about how he was actually faster in the simulator than on the track, it was easier to get close to the theoretical limit because of the lack of consequences (or something along those lines). Makes me wonder how these lap times compare to the real track.
FWYT
4/23/2020 12:27pm
Out of curiosity, how does one tune in to watch them race?
brett12486
4/23/2020 1:14pm
mx617 wrote:
Sort of related but sort of not. I remember vaguely a couple years back seeing one of the F1 guys in his simulator and he did...
Sort of related but sort of not. I remember vaguely a couple years back seeing one of the F1 guys in his simulator and he did a lap with his eyes closed. Mindboggling how much time he must have spent in the rig to be able to do that.

They were also talking about how he was actually faster in the simulator than on the track, it was easier to get close to the theoretical limit because of the lack of consequences (or something along those lines). Makes me wonder how these lap times compare to the real track.
Could you post that link. I’d like to see it CAnt find it yet.
mx617
4/23/2020 1:24pm
brett12486 wrote:
Could you post that link. I’d like to see it CAnt find it yet.
Haha that's a big ask, this is going back a few years. I'll poke around a bit, see if I can find it.
MXMattii
4/23/2020 2:11pm
9bro9 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
I understand your take, but when you hear those professionals talk about the fact that it is at least as difficult and even a bit harder...

imoto34 wrote:
What game are you referring to?
iRacing Tongue

Post a reply to: Reed , Pastrana and more racing on FS1 tonight.

The Latest