Reed Interview on DMXS

Has anyone listened to Reedy's interview? Said a lot of interesting things. He thinks Pro MX should be gone, SX needs to be global, not many more rounds but spread out over more time. Also talked about our amateurs and Europes amateurs and how he thinks europe's amateur series is better than ours. Talked about how the two stroke era was much better than the four stroke era and how our tracks need to be more like they were in the 90's and 2000's. It was a really good interview, I'd suggest you guys check it out if you haven't. If you have, what do you guys think? You agree with his ideas and opinions?
|
12/2/2017 8:31am
I was really surprised nobody else started a thread on this already. He also talked how he decided to ride Husky and his hopes to be released to ride a week or two before Anaheim. Bad dude.
greenmx5
12/2/2017 8:47am
Reed is probably the only guy out there that can give the most accurate comparison to the 2 stroke early 2000 days to the current 4 stroke days because he was balls deep so to speak in both worlds. I think everyone can admit the racing was a lot more exciting back then.
hyler199
12/2/2017 9:00am
I feel more pros get injured riding SX than MX.
Reeds also an SX guy so I definately disagree in getting rid of MX.
When talking to friends who know nothing on several occasions I have described MX as the heart of the sport, what seperates the men from the boys and personally an MX championship means more in terms of effort and physically demanding.
Reeds old arse definitely wants no part of 2x 30+ min motos lol
mxb2
12/2/2017 9:11am
hyler199 wrote:
I feel more pros get injured riding SX than MX. Reeds also an SX guy so I definately disagree in getting rid of MX. When talking...
When talking to friends who know nothing on several occasions I have described MX as the heart of the sport, what seperates the men from the boys and personally an MX championship means more in terms of effort and physically demanding.
X2, reeds top 10 in sx,. Might crack top 10outdoors now.

The Shop

andyman
12/2/2017 9:13am
hyler199 wrote:
I feel more pros get injured riding SX than MX. Reeds also an SX guy so I definately disagree in getting rid of MX. When talking...
You just dont understand ? Reed says what he thinks is best way to build this sport, not what is best for himself. You guys are so funny ?
hyler199
12/2/2017 9:14am
hyler199 wrote:
andyman wrote:
You just dont understand ? Reed says what he thinks is best way to build this sport, not what is best for himself. You guys are...
You just dont understand ? Reed says what he thinks is best way to build this sport, not what is best for himself. You guys are so funny ?
True true true true true true true?
PJ205
12/2/2017 9:16am
Wonderful idea! Then all the mini-dads will have their kids on full-sized SX tracks at the age of 3 now instead.
mxb2
12/2/2017 9:18am
PJ205 wrote:
Wonderful idea! Then all the mini-dads will have their kids on full-sized SX tracks at the age of 3 now instead.
Reed makes some good points, but not every rider has access to ride or train on a sx track.
Motofinne
12/2/2017 9:26am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2017 9:33am
Some good points that i agree on. The amateur scene(EMX 125 & 250) in Europe is clearly superior to the US system, so i agree on that. I think that is one part of why MXGP is getting better and better.

SX going global? I'm 100% on that bandwagon. Obvious reasons. SX/MX(racing in general) is popular in lots of cities/countries across the world. Why not take advantage of that? AX series would still be a US only series with the kids and those who can't do all global SX rounds. US nationals gone? I've always wanted to see one MX series with all the best riders in it(MX Sports & YS would collaborate on one big series). Now that is never ever going to happen unfortunately, but we can always dream.

2-strokes? I'm a bit more skeptical about that. The 4 strokes aren't the problem, the current tracks are the problem.
logan_140
12/2/2017 9:27am
hyler199 wrote:
Pro’s get hurt more on 4 strokes period. Tracks were designed way different for 2 strokes. Bring em back
500guy
12/2/2017 9:31am
in some way's He makes good sense

in a lot of ways He just comes off as still bitter over over his last go at the outdoors and still just being shitty about it.
crockett
12/2/2017 9:53am
Annoys me to hear people say the racing was way better back then. Of course it was, it's a good memory you are nostalgic about, some of the racing last year was allllll time, people forget about the parts they didn't like over time.
As always with reed, he has an opinion. Even though I don't agree with the sx only, at least he has an opinion! He wants sx to be global but is forgetting that mx already is.
kkawboy14
12/2/2017 10:13am
500guy wrote:
in some way's He makes good sense in a lot of ways He just comes off as still bitter over over his last go at the...
in some way's He makes good sense

in a lot of ways He just comes off as still bitter over over his last go at the outdoors and still just being shitty about it.
I get why he is bitter if it’s really impossible to make a living doing the Outdoors.

Not sure how many guys make a living wage to do the Outdoors but it seems impossible to run a profitable business doing it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/2/2017 10:30am
So Reed thinks that pro MX should be gone but then says he likes the European amateur series better than the US amateur series. It doesn't make much sense if you ask me. The European amateur series ultimately leads to the MXGP's which is pro MX. Only a select few go to the US to compete in SX.

Kind of contradicts himself, no? The EMX series builds talent for the MXGP not SX.

SX going global? Say goodbye to the privateers. I don't think many of them would be able to afford flying across the world for 17 rounds of SX. This is not F1.

Without a pro MX series how do you expect to develop talented riders? With a "B" SX series during the summer months? Replace the current MX amateur nationals with a full amateur SX series starting on 50's?

To each their own but I prefer MX over SX.
downard254
12/2/2017 10:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Reed thinks that pro MX should be gone but then says he likes the European amateur series better than the US amateur series. It doesn't...
So Reed thinks that pro MX should be gone but then says he likes the European amateur series better than the US amateur series. It doesn't make much sense if you ask me. The European amateur series ultimately leads to the MXGP's which is pro MX. Only a select few go to the US to compete in SX.

Kind of contradicts himself, no? The EMX series builds talent for the MXGP not SX.

SX going global? Say goodbye to the privateers. I don't think many of them would be able to afford flying across the world for 17 rounds of SX. This is not F1.

Without a pro MX series how do you expect to develop talented riders? With a "B" SX series during the summer months? Replace the current MX amateur nationals with a full amateur SX series starting on 50's?

Looks like Maverick and I are cut from the same cloth.Cool
12/2/2017 11:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Reed thinks that pro MX should be gone but then says he likes the European amateur series better than the US amateur series. It doesn't...

Reeds interviews confuse the hell out of me, sometimes I think he says shit just to say it. In an interview a few months back he said something to the effect of "riders today don't want to race all the time like we did back in the day" and I just had to close the page. I mean how does he say something like that when he was one of the few riders with an SX only contract in the prime of his career??
51xc
12/2/2017 12:39pm
pro mx shall go? wtf!
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
12/2/2017 12:50pm
Reed's a huge motogp fan. It seems like he basically wants to follow the motogp model but with supercross. No real privateers, travelling the world racing twice a month, a holiday in the middle of the season for summer. I hope with all my heart that dirtbike racing never goes down that path.
Cygrace74
12/2/2017 2:06pm
Sounds like an old man who only thinks what he likes should happen. Oh wait that's what he is
12/2/2017 2:07pm
motocross should be gone. lol. ok. a little biased eh? Reeds so full of shit. narcissistic excuse maker. cant habe tracks like the 90s cause the bikes are djfffent. 4 strokes aren’t going away get over it. that’s not to say there can’t be room for 2 strokes. the past is the past. sounds like he is reliving his glory days. of course things were better then. he’s been sx only for how long? and we should listen to him with an obvious distaste for mx? our sport was born in the loamy dirt and hills not at corporate energy drink ran stadium events. sounds like a sellout. mx will never die. at least it shouldn’t. reed will do anything to stay popular.
12/2/2017 2:08pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
Sounds like an old man who only thinks what he likes should happen. Oh wait that's what he is
exactly. exactly
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
12/2/2017 3:58pm
You guys should line up against reed and show him how its done.
Yeah because you can't disagree with someone if they're faster than you on a motorcycle.
mxb2
12/2/2017 4:00pm
You guys should line up against reed and show him how its done.
Bad comparison. A fan compared to a pro rider. Pretty sure Reed comments on social media on stuff he has no clue on.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
12/2/2017 4:09pm
Guess I won't be giving him $1200 of my hard earned dollars to hang out with him at a supercross race and listen to him tell me MX should be dead...
Dougy1
12/2/2017 5:02pm
1 week on the bike before A1. Hasn't raced since last year. Pretty much zero prep. Will have to keep our expectations low. I'd be impressed with 10th..
oshow
12/2/2017 6:21pm
hyler199 wrote:
His comments were not because he can't do 2- 30 plus 2's.
oshow
12/2/2017 6:24pm
Dougy1 wrote:
1 week on the bike before A1. Hasn't raced since last year. Pretty much zero prep. Will have to keep our expectations low. I'd be impressed...
1 week on the bike before A1. Hasn't raced since last year. Pretty much zero prep. Will have to keep our expectations low. I'd be impressed with 10th..
Top 10 off the couch, hungover. No problem
12/2/2017 6:34pm
motocross should be gone. lol. ok. a little biased eh? Reeds so full of shit. narcissistic excuse maker. cant habe tracks like the 90s cause the...
motocross should be gone. lol. ok. a little biased eh? Reeds so full of shit. narcissistic excuse maker. cant habe tracks like the 90s cause the bikes are djfffent. 4 strokes aren’t going away get over it. that’s not to say there can’t be room for 2 strokes. the past is the past. sounds like he is reliving his glory days. of course things were better then. he’s been sx only for how long? and we should listen to him with an obvious distaste for mx? our sport was born in the loamy dirt and hills not at corporate energy drink ran stadium events. sounds like a sellout. mx will never die. at least it shouldn’t. reed will do anything to stay popular.
Bingo
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/2/2017 6:46pm
i don;t think there is the budgets to go global, if it was that this year then i doubt Reed would be paying the freight bills to race the whole series,

look at how many GP teams closed up this year, fly away races are very expensive for teams,

Post a reply to: Reed Interview on DMXS

The Latest