Reed DNS..

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2019 8:34 PM

No 2nd bike?

|

1/19/2019 8:47 PM

Was wondering the same thing. Seemed strange.

|

1/19/2019 8:50 PM

Forgot a clean pair of his magic underwear?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/19/2019 8:50 PM

According to the rules, not allowed to replace the bike if he completed the sight lap. I'm not watching the race so can't say if he did or not.

|

1/19/2019 8:55 PM

His second bike was in the back of the tundra for the halftime show... oops haha

|

1/19/2019 9:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2019 9:01 PM

Maybe they’ll GET a real ignition, and order a Vortex....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/19/2019 9:03 PM

His mechanic posted this earlier today. Some irony in it, I suppose. Photo

|

1/19/2019 9:07 PM

ando wrote:

According to the rules, not allowed to replace the bike if he completed the sight lap. I'm not watching the race so can't say if he did or not.

Re-read the rules for triple crown format. You’re allowed 2 through tech due to time constraints.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/19/2019 9:15 PM

ando wrote:

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Re-read the rules for triple crown format. You’re allowed 2 through tech due to time constraints.

Yes, but it also says once you start the sight lap for that race, you can't replace the bike.

d. For Triple Crown Format only:
1. Riders may use up to two motorcycles throughout the
event.
2. Both motorcycles must have completed Technical
Inspection and passed the sound test requirements.
3. During a race, the rider may NOT replace motorcycles
after the start of the sighting lap on that specific race.
4. Motorcycles may be replaced in between races.
5. Riders or a team representative must notify a member of
Race Direction if a replacement motorcycle is being
used.

|

1/19/2019 9:21 PM

Oh shit reed took the sight lap eh.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/19/2019 9:23 PM

I wonder how many teams actually have two bikes? I'm guessing all the true factory teams do, but if JGR doesn't have one, maybe a lot of others don't either.

|

1/19/2019 9:31 PM

Privateers for sure all got 2. Maybe 3.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/19/2019 10:18 PM

There was no sight lap for the 2nd main

|

1/19/2019 10:20 PM

mxnick wrote:

His mechanic posted this earlier today. Some irony in it, I suppose. Photo

When I saw this I thought, “ How ironic would it be if it turned out that he needed a second bike.” Well, ironic it was.

|

1/19/2019 10:25 PM

Please line up on the play bike! Doesn’t have to actually start but would be hilarious ?.

|

1/19/2019 10:52 PM

Paying Reeds salary this year took all the money out of the 2nd bike fund.

|

1/19/2019 10:52 PM

There was lots of talks of money issues with jgr losing sponsors, wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t want to spend it on a second bike

|

1/19/2019 11:00 PM

I almost get the impression he's sort of mailing in in after all the talk he said about doing well and being in shape and having that familiar special feel on the Suzuki ....he is like 2 spots at best ahead of the ankle injured last season. Kinda think he wants to give up......I wouldn't be surprised to see him call it quits before the SX season us over

|

1/19/2019 11:01 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

I almost get the impression he's sort of mailing in in after all the talk he said about doing well and being in shape and having that familiar special feel on the Suzuki ....he is like 2 spots at best ahead of the ankle injured last season. Kinda think he wants to give up......I wouldn't be surprised to see him call it quits before the SX season us over

He just came 5th and had a quicker time than roczen you muppet

|

1/19/2019 11:36 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:

After taking a moto off, he was much fresher than any rider out there

|

1/19/2019 11:39 PM

Can you tell us what's wrong with the bike? He laughed and brushed that question off. Would have loved to hear his actual thought right then....well part X broke because it's a piece of shhhh....

|

1/20/2019 1:52 AM

1:30:19 on the Gold Pass, the mechanic is pulling the bike off the line.

Before they went to commercial, showing Webb, Reed was off to the side with no bike.

I did not see everything that happened after the 2nd 250 race was over, but during the commercial, there was no sight lap that I could see.

|

1/20/2019 1:59 AM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Can you tell us what's wrong with the bike? He laughed and brushed that question off. Would have loved to hear his actual thought right then....well part X broke because it's a piece of shhhh....

If you had read the previous posts you would GET the real reason.

|

1/20/2019 2:16 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:

Yeah looks like 4th fastest time. If he'd had been doing the last rhythm section consistently I think he could have podiumed.

Weirdly, he was faster in race 3 when the track was obviously beat to shit than he was in qualifying when it was fresh.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/20/2019 3:18 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Rotaholic wrote:

Crush wrote:

Yeah looks like 4th fastest time. If he'd had been doing the last rhythm section consistently I think he could have podiumed.

Weirdly, he was faster in race 3 when the track was obviously beat to shit than he was in qualifying when it was fresh.

That may point towards some bike setup issues when the track was slippery, but also the fact that he's the most experienced guy out there; the track gets gnarly and technical and he excels.Smooth fast tracks like in qualifying are not his strong suit.

|

1/20/2019 4:12 AM

So it seems all the electrical and GET talk is wrong. Bike was leaking oil badly from the clutch cover and they had no second bike.

|

1/20/2019 4:13 AM

CPR wrote:

So it seems all the electrical and GET talk is wrong. Bike was leaking oil badly from the clutch cover and they had no second bike.

How in the fuck don’t you have a 2nd bike ready?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/20/2019 4:21 AM

CPR wrote:

Crush wrote:

Yeah big mistake on JGR's part. It wasn't that they didn't have one ready, they actually didn't have 2nd bike with them.

|

1/20/2019 4:51 AM

They pushed the damn thing off the starting gate, then pushed it out of the starting area moments before the gate dropped. It was on the regular broadcast. And you’ll never geuss who missed it completely? Yep you geuessed it Ricky and Ralph. They really stink at this whole talking thing.

|

1/20/2019 6:13 AM

CPR wrote:

Crush wrote:

Well it’s unclear whether he had a second bike or not. It’s possible he did but wasn’t allowed to swap it at that point.

|