Reed 2020

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2019 10:40 AM

Does anyone have thoughts on Reed's plans for 2020? I have seen a number of Ellie's posts commenting this will be Chad's final year, however, Chad remains tight-lipped on the subject... I am a HUGE Reed supporter but it is pretty obvious he is not going to win another title and right now he is struggling with top 10 finishes. All that said, I am curious as to why he packed up his family and move them to NC for a 1-year contract though? Maybe he is looking to take on a team manager role for 2020? Thoughts?

|

2/2/2019 10:41 AM

I hope he keeps racing. Hell hes their best rider in 250 or 450s.

|

2/2/2019 10:50 AM

Photo
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/2/2019 10:53 AM

He said at A2 that this is basically his last year

|

2/2/2019 10:53 AM

Time to call it a career

|

2/2/2019 10:59 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Has he won a heat race? Cause another person on his team has, with better main event finishes as well.

|

2/2/2019 11:04 AM

yz133rider wrote:

So A Mart is not a contender ?

|

2/2/2019 11:06 AM

Ramrod wrote:

Time to call it a career

Why?

|

2/2/2019 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2019 11:13 AM

Ramrod wrote:

Time to call it a career

Thankfully James, Ricky and the Ryan’s have all retired.. it’s about time we stopped seeing Chad out there..
right??

|

2/2/2019 11:16 AM

yz133rider wrote:

Cygrace74 wrote:

Has he won a heat race? Cause another person on his team has, with better main event finishes as well.

Reed this year: 9, 14, 13(with a DNS in a triple crown), 9
Hill this year: 15, 13, 11, 14

|

2/2/2019 11:30 AM

That makes me want to go to a Supercross more, thinking it could be my last chance to see Reed out there #Legend

|

2/2/2019 11:35 AM

The bigger question is who Rides for JGR for outdoors . Hill does not like outdoors . . Reed i do not see riding outdoors . Weston I really hope he can But right now i do not think that is in the cards .

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

2/2/2019 3:21 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

The bigger question is who Rides for JGR for outdoors . Hill does not like outdoors . . Reed i do not see riding outdoors . Weston I really hope he can But right now i do not think that is in the cards .

Jimmy fuckin' D bro

|

2/2/2019 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2019 4:05 PM

This is Reed’s 22nd year as a pro; he’ll hang it up given the significance of the number (among other reasons, including that he’s been racing for 22 years) - that’s a hell of a run!

|

2/2/2019 3:45 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

rehan53 wrote:

Jimmy fuckin' D bro

The dud the that can barely ride a 250 main event. LOL

Yea safe to say besides A Mart they don't have many options.

|

2/2/2019 4:17 PM

OR Racer46 wrote:

rehan53 wrote:

Jimmy fuckin' D bro

mb60 wrote:

The dud the that can barely ride a 250 main event. LOL

Yea safe to say besides A Mart they don't have many options.

Dean Ferris

|

2/2/2019 4:22 PM

Maybe they can pick up Wilson .

|

A big Thank you to FLY racing. OMA KTM. 100%. DT-1 Motorex and Bell helmets . Racing for you JG96

2/2/2019 4:24 PM

As long as he’s making mains, no one can say he doesn’t belong out there. What you CAN say is that you’re tired of seeing him out there (I fall into that category) but you can’t say he doesn’t belong.

|

2/2/2019 4:36 PM

MXD wrote:

As long as he’s making mains, no one can say he doesn’t belong out there. What you CAN say is that you’re tired of seeing him out there (I fall into that category) but you can’t say he doesn’t belong.

How do you feel tired of seeing someone out there?

|

2/2/2019 4:45 PM

I have no thoughts or guesses as to his plans for the future, but I admire the guy and he's a straight up beast. It takes a special rider to compete at that level and run among the best in 450 supercross mains. Even a 10th place is better than few in the world will ever do, and hes doing that at 37 years old with the deepest field of talent ever. He has won titles, taken moto wins against Carmichael and Stewart, fought them to the wire for titles, and as late as 2015 still winning supercross mains at 33. He's a legend and if he still loves racing and wants to compete, then more power to him. He can decide when hes done or no longer able to compete at the level he wants to compete at. His results at 37 have still been better than his teammate Justin Hill. Anyone bashing Reed is a didrespectful idiot.

|

2/2/2019 4:45 PM

MXD wrote:

Ewan49 wrote:

How do you feel tired of seeing someone out there?

I’ve never been a fan of his. At this point, he has very little impact on the results so I’d rather see that spot go to a struggling privateer who’s getting 5th in the LCQ. But like I said, as long as he’s making mains, he deserves to be there whether I like it or not.

|

2/2/2019 4:50 PM

I just want to see him have a good 2019!

|

Mugen666

2/2/2019 5:13 PM

Reedy top 5 tonight in the mud

|

2/2/2019 9:56 PM

UGOTBIT wrote:

I hope you played the lotto tonite also

|

2/2/2019 10:03 PM

UGOTBIT wrote:

OR Racer46 wrote:

I hope you played the lotto tonite also

Ha.

Haters will say it doesn’t count because mud.

|

2/2/2019 10:08 PM

tingo wrote:

This is Reed’s 22nd year as a pro; he’ll hang it up given the significance of the number (among other reasons, including that he’s been racing for 22 years) - that’s a hell of a run!

He's been pro since Hampshire was in his mama's belly?!

|

2/2/2019 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2019 10:27 PM

Say what you want, but you can never count that dude out. Always been a fan.
I'd like to think his phone would get blown up from pretty much everyone to be a test rider.

|

2/2/2019 10:39 PM

Ramrod wrote:

Time to call it a career

I’m going to elaborate because I don’t want what I said on the topic to sound like a dick.

I love Reed, I think he’s done it all and I think for his career and accomplishments, he’s good. I think he could retire very satisfied and sail off into the sunset like the picture posted above.

Could he keep going, yes of course. He’s still very capable of top 10’s.

|

2/2/2019 10:59 PM

Ramrod wrote:

Time to call it a career

Ramrod wrote:

I’m going to elaborate because I don’t want what I said on the topic to sound like a dick.

I love Reed, I think he’s done it all and I think for his career and accomplishments, he’s good. I think he could retire very satisfied and sail off into the sunset like the picture posted above.

Could he keep going, yes of course. He’s still very capable of top 10’s.

Fun.
“Still very capable of top 10s” .
Thanks for the reassurance. 5 races in and he has two 9ths and a 5th.
Capable.

|

2/2/2019 11:24 PM

MXD wrote:

I’ve never been a fan of his. At this point, he has very little impact on the results so I’d rather see that spot go to a struggling privateer who’s getting 5th in the LCQ. But like I said, as long as he’s making mains, he deserves to be there whether I like it or not.

“has very little impact on the results”

Huh?

|