Reed 2018 Support Thread-Official

Chad Reed

Hated the arrogance, was not a fan prior to the 22 startup.

Started the 22 Race Team and I slowly became a fan, then I was a genuine 22 fan after seeing the dedication and openness with the media with his $$/ass on the line.

Post 22 Race Team, the social media propaganda, SX 2017 antics, lost me as a fan

BUT- If CR22 wins a main this year, considering no prep for 2018, his injury, and a new bike......well how could you not be a fan?

Love or hate him, he has the drive to win one more...

Discuss
|
12/13/2017 4:07pm
agn5009 wrote:
Discuss what?
Reading comprehension not a strong point?

OP, you seem like a wagon jumper. I don't think CR has it in him to win another main. The stars may align, but it's not likely. In the shortened mains at the three rounds, he has a decent chance. I hope the put an asterisk next to those wins in the history books.
12/13/2017 4:09pm
agn5009 wrote:
Discuss what?
Reading comprehension not a strong point? OP, you seem like a wagon jumper. I don't think CR has it in him to win another main. The...

OP, you seem like a wagon jumper. I don't think CR has it in him to win another main. The stars may align, but it's not likely. In the shortened mains at the three rounds, he has a decent chance. I hope the put an asterisk next to those wins in the history books.
Those three mains won't count for a win, the guy who wins the overall on the night will be credited with the win.
JM485
12/13/2017 4:13pm
He's still got it as far as I'm concerned, I definitely think he's a threat to win still. Love him or hate him, you don't put what he has into a sport for money or fame, he's driven by passion and still loves to mix it up with the best.

The Shop

12/13/2017 4:15pm
agn5009 wrote:
Discuss what?
Reading comprehension not a strong point? OP, you seem like a wagon jumper. I don't think CR has it in him to win another main. The...

I was a wagon jumper with 22, and so were a lot of other folks haha.

Would be cool to see him win one more though.

12/13/2017 4:16pm
JM485 wrote:
He's still got it as far as I'm concerned, I definitely think he's a threat to win still. Love him or hate him, you don't put...
He's still got it as far as I'm concerned, I definitely think he's a threat to win still. Love him or hate him, you don't put what he has into a sport for money or fame, he's driven by passion and still loves to mix it up with the best.
Well said
12/13/2017 4:30pm
I think he's going to have a really good year with a good amount of podiums and a win or two it would have been cool to see him on honda but I think the husky fits him well
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/13/2017 4:40pm

Should I put an asterisk next to your username? Wink
Tuna
12/13/2017 4:46pm
agn5009 wrote:
Discuss what?

Shut up.
12/13/2017 5:50pm
SX has changed a lot since the inception, haven’t, nor do I see any basis for an asterisk on anyone.

zehn
12/13/2017 5:54pm
JM485 wrote:
He's still got it as far as I'm concerned, I definitely think he's a threat to win still. Love him or hate him, you don't put...
You see him beating out Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, Baggett, etc. ?

I sure as hell don’t. He’d be happy to get a top 5 at this point. Passion and drive only take you so far in this sport.
struth
12/13/2017 6:42pm
JM485 wrote:
zehn wrote:
You see him beating out Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, Baggett, etc. ? I sure as hell don’t. He’d be happy to get a top 5 at...
You see him beating out Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, Baggett, etc. ?

I sure as hell don’t. He’d be happy to get a top 5 at this point. Passion and drive only take you so far in this sport.
Bagger,Anderson, musquin ,yes
Tomac maybe
zehn
12/13/2017 6:59pm
struth wrote:
Bagger,Anderson, musquin ,yes
Tomac maybe
I don't
mx_563
12/13/2017 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2017 7:01pm
Sooo....

arrogance is less critical than dedication. Dedication is less critical than propaganda/antics.
propaganda/antics less critical than winning.

So does that mean it's OK to be an arrogant douchebag as long as you win?
dirtnapper
12/13/2017 7:09pm
It would take a LOT to go right for Chad ( and to go badly for the top guys ) for him to grab a win.

Not a bash on him ( although he has completely lost me as a fan the last two years....) but I just don't see it happening.
plowboy
12/13/2017 7:10pm
Supercross requires the ultimate in mental commitment. For the single young invincible studs....it's just another race and chance to shine. For the veteran racer with a wife and a couple of kids the whole equation changes. Windham is a perfect example. The risk/reward just isn't there. Reedy is in the same position.....the thought of his son pushing him around in a wheelchair HAS to enter his mind.
Crush
12/13/2017 7:17pm
You don't ride like Phoenix last year and not still have it.

Injury will have obviously not have helped but he'll be better than the last two years for sure, maybe three...
oshow
12/13/2017 8:15pm
MOTOCAM25 wrote:
Chad Reed Hated the arrogance, was not a fan prior to the 22 startup. Started the 22 Race Team and I slowly became a fan, then...
Chad Reed

Hated the arrogance, was not a fan prior to the 22 startup.

Started the 22 Race Team and I slowly became a fan, then I was a genuine 22 fan after seeing the dedication and openness with the media with his $$/ass on the line.

Post 22 Race Team, the social media propaganda, SX 2017 antics, lost me as a fan

BUT- If CR22 wins a main this year, considering no prep for 2018, his injury, and a new bike......well how could you not be a fan?

Love or hate him, he has the drive to win one more...

Discuss
Yes, Chad can win a main event.
Dougy1
12/13/2017 8:45pm
plowboy wrote:
Supercross requires the ultimate in mental commitment. For the single young invincible studs....it's just another race and chance to shine. For the veteran racer with a...
Supercross requires the ultimate in mental commitment. For the single young invincible studs....it's just another race and chance to shine. For the veteran racer with a wife and a couple of kids the whole equation changes. Windham is a perfect example. The risk/reward just isn't there. Reedy is in the same position.....the thought of his son pushing him around in a wheelchair HAS to enter his mind.
Last year I thought he should of retired 2 years ago, then i was like, if he loves it and wants to keep going Why not. I think there's a lot of athletes in a range of sports competing within the top ten at a older age. Advances in training methods recovery periods and physio have extended a lot of athletes careers as long as the will is there. Yes the risk is still there and recovery from injury longer for a older athlete but Just like Wyndum Chad will know when it's time, there's no way he will risk being in a wheelchair just to race super x if he feels he's not capable Of a having a good crack at top 5s or the odd win . I actually think it's more than possible with the change of format. Later in the season.
brightgrey
12/13/2017 9:14pm
No chance Reed will get another win this year, or even a top three for that matter. He is going to ride around in 10-15th place and then just get in the way when the leaders come by to lap him...maybe he will even decide to "battle" with them for a few laps and later proceed to complain and cry about his bike, the track, and his poor results.
Zachintosh
12/13/2017 9:17pm
If Reed did win a race this year, would he be the oldest guy to win a main? Or does Larocco still have him beat?
Crush
12/13/2017 9:27pm
Zachintosh wrote:
If Reed did win a race this year, would he be the oldest guy to win a main? Or does Larocco still have him beat?
I think he would be by about half a year.
hyler199
12/13/2017 9:52pm
CR22, JS7, MS27 riding Huskys under the same tent lmao buddy and i just thought how wild thatd be

Saw that hes got the go ahead to start riding so hell be back on the bike soon
BS12
12/13/2017 10:09pm
A1 podium oshow?
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
12/13/2017 11:07pm
BS12 wrote:
A1 podium oshow?
Absolutely not. He hasn't even started riding since breaking his ankle at Straight Rhythm.
logan_140
12/13/2017 11:38pm
So y’all are gonna write him off again and he’s gonna prove you wrong again.. cool. Go reedy
Porch32
12/14/2017 6:41am
dirtnapper wrote:
It would take a LOT to go right for Chad ( and to go badly for the top guys ) for him to grab a win...
It would take a LOT to go right for Chad ( and to go badly for the top guys ) for him to grab a win.

Not a bash on him ( although he has completely lost me as a fan the last two years....) but I just don't see it happening.
I have to say, I think it's funny that all the people that think he doesn't have a chance to win or top 5 or anything are the dudes that are open about how they don't like him or are not fans.
I know it is only 2 races, but look at Phoenix and Vegas last year. That was literally 7 months ago that he probably would have won Vegas if he didn't get parked by Anderson. I understand, its hard to pull for someone that you don't like, but look at what hes done recently. You can't say he doesn't still have the ability to win.
fourfourone
12/14/2017 7:00am
He's going to struggle to be a consistent top 10 rider. Might sneak a few podiums. I also think the same for Kenny
b_kowalsk
12/14/2017 7:23am
Reed is a legend, unfortunately he won't have a lot of seat time under his belt with the injury...but if he can recover in time you are crazy if you don't think he has a shot. Dude has 44 wins and the ONLY past champ on the line.

Kenny is gonna surprise more than a few of you as well, he has the confidence and thats all that matters.
davistld01
12/14/2017 7:32am
JM485 wrote:
In my opinion, Chad still being a threat to win is wishful thinking at best. I do give the guy credit for being "all in" still at an age where nobody else is. Having the kind of wealth he's accumulated from his past racing career + the real estate investments he's been successful with makes being driven by passion enough to actually put a team together. Look...although I get tired of Chad's "whiney-ness", I hope he beats a bunch of the youngsters to do top-5 and maybe a podium. Nothing wrong with either.

Post a reply to: Reed 2018 Support Thread-Official

The Latest