Reed

Jrewing
Edited Date/Time 1/29/2019 5:29pm
Did he land on Plessinger’s bike? Lost spots at the same time but fought back to 9th.
He’s out doing Hill so far, but seems to have some bad luck.
|
Motofinne
1/27/2019 2:41am
Yes he landed on the bike. He is doing fine, a top 10 (+-2) rider on his normal day. I would hope that he will be able to challenge for a podium once or twice this season, especially later on when the field is thinner.
Jrewing
1/27/2019 2:45am
Motofinne wrote:
Yes he landed on the bike. He is doing fine, a top 10 (+-2) rider on his normal day. I would hope that he will be...
Yes he landed on the bike. He is doing fine, a top 10 (+-2) rider on his normal day. I would hope that he will be able to challenge for a podium once or twice this season, especially later on when the field is thinner.
Ok. That was bad luck as he could’ve finished around 6-7th.
struth
1/27/2019 3:18am
Had 7th fastest lap in main event....definitely a positive...
Crush
1/27/2019 3:25am
If you watch the replay Ready, you can see him land on it and both feet come off the pegs and his body go forward. Immediately dropped to maybe 13th.

His whoops aren’t perfect, turns ok, rhythms are inconsistent, few mistakes etc but I bet if he is up there he will hustle a bit more.

Still, old as fuck and doing just fine!

The Shop

1/27/2019 3:34am
Needs to get a start, he is normally better off the start than he has been. Smashed his heat last week. He will have his day soon.
Jrewing
1/27/2019 3:44am
Needs to get a start, he is normally better off the start than he has been. Smashed his heat last week. He will have his day...
Needs to get a start, he is normally better off the start than he has been. Smashed his heat last week. He will have his day soon.
Can see it happening sooner than later hey.
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1356th
1/27/2019 4:10am
He was quickly gaining on Barcia and Brayton before landing on Plessingers bike. Not sure if he would have passed them or not. But I think he could have taken 7th with that ride.

Once he hit Plessingers bike though I had him missing top 10. Very surprised he was able to gain spots after that.
andyman
1/27/2019 4:26am
mxlegend99 wrote:
He was quickly gaining on Barcia and Brayton before landing on Plessingers bike. Not sure if he would have passed them or not. But I think...
He was quickly gaining on Barcia and Brayton before landing on Plessingers bike. Not sure if he would have passed them or not. But I think he could have taken 7th with that ride.

Once he hit Plessingers bike though I had him missing top 10. Very surprised he was able to gain spots after that.
I think he was front of Brayton at that point, and right with Barcia if you look the replay from the crash.
toroP
1/27/2019 11:00am
Chad seems to be establishing himself well within the top ten with main event lap times.
But can he get starts and put complete races together and challenge for top fives?
?
Is fun to watch him try. I hope he doesn’t eat it like ’12 and ‘14.
yz133rider
1/27/2019 11:21am
Its impressive to me he isnt shuffled back in any of these races. Hes got the pace just needs a start. Fighting up into 9th is damned impressive for any of these guys. The top 15 is so fast this year its nuts.
mxb2
1/27/2019 11:30am
Crush wrote:
If you watch the replay Ready, you can see him land on it and both feet come off the pegs and his body go forward. Immediately...
If you watch the replay Ready, you can see him land on it and both feet come off the pegs and his body go forward. Immediately dropped to maybe 13th.

His whoops aren’t perfect, turns ok, rhythms are inconsistent, few mistakes etc but I bet if he is up there he will hustle a bit more.

Figured the age excuse would come up .lol. no kids excuse yet. Reed had a great career.,he is a 10-12 place guy now.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
1/27/2019 11:36am
The track didn't develop to his favor, especially the whoops. Had there not developed a groove in the whoops, he would have probably made up a lot more time in them
1/27/2019 11:40am
Crush wrote:
If you watch the replay Ready, you can see him land on it and both feet come off the pegs and his body go forward. Immediately...

mxb2 wrote:
Figured the age excuse would come up .lol. no kids excuse yet. Reed had a great career.,he is a 10-12 place guy now.
Everyone knows, the season starts at Daytona!!!!! LOL
mxb2
1/27/2019 12:13pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
1911 wrote:
Everyone knows, the season starts at Daytona!!!!! LOL
Reed gonna win it? Lol
yz133rider
1/27/2019 12:24pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Except all the times hes finished ahead of that already
Jrewing
1/27/2019 12:26pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
He got 9th. Go back to school
bama205
1/27/2019 12:58pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
You’re not too bright are you?

That’s ok, there’s plenty more just like you. You’re in good company. 9th Place is in front of 10th, 11th, and... guess what else, 12th.

Maybe by next week you’ll be able to do 7-9th! Keep up the hard work
toroP
1/27/2019 1:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 1:08pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Right! What excuse is there for all the kids Reed is beating? Great point by you.
Why don’t you find an excuse for all those lame kids.

Now go to your room and do your math homework.
mxb2
1/27/2019 1:07pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
bama205 wrote:
You’re not too bright are you? That’s ok, there’s plenty more just like you. You’re in good company. 9th Place is in front of 10th, 11th...

That’s ok, there’s plenty more just like you. You’re in good company. 9th Place is in front of 10th, 11th, and... guess what else, 12th.

Ok. Lol. We shall see at end of points standings. How much ,wager he doesnt podium or win a sx? Did you read the part where i said he had a great career. I doubt he needs a total stranger to defend him.
mxb2
1/27/2019 1:12pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
toroP wrote:
Right! What excuse is there for all the kids Reed is beating? Great point by you. Why don’t you find an excuse for all those lame...
Right! What excuse is there for all the kids Reed is beating? Great point by you.
Why don’t you find an excuse for all those lame kids.

Now go to your room and do your math homework.
No excuses, same gate. Same chances.
bama205
1/27/2019 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2019 5:53pm
mxb2 wrote:
bama205 wrote:
You’re not too bright are you? That’s ok, there’s plenty more just like you. You’re in good company. 9th Place is in front of 10th, 11th...

mxb2 wrote:
Ok. Lol. We shall see at end of points standings. How much ,wager he doesnt podium or win a sx? Did you read the part where...
Ok. Lol. We shall see at end of points standings. How much ,wager he doesnt podium or win a sx? Did you read the part where i said he had a great career. I doubt he needs a total stranger to defend him.
... dear god

I didn’t say he would win or podium. You made the completely incorrect position statement.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/27/2019 6:20pm
mxb2 wrote:
Reed gonna win it? Lol
Maybe if it's a mudder. Smile
Jrewing
1/27/2019 9:48pm
Listening to the post race interviews by Matthes, everyone was saying how demanding it was. Heart rates above their normal. Makes it quite impressive he was moving forward. Maybe that helped him, the technicality of Oakdale v the faster all out tracks??
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
1/27/2019 9:56pm
Jrewing wrote:
Listening to the post race interviews by Matthes, everyone was saying how demanding it was. Heart rates above their normal. Makes it quite impressive he was...
Listening to the post race interviews by Matthes, everyone was saying how demanding it was. Heart rates above their normal. Makes it quite impressive he was moving forward. Maybe that helped him, the technicality of Oakdale v the faster all out tracks??
Oakdale! I missed a round of the junior state titles there in '98. Smile
Jrewing
1/27/2019 9:58pm
Jrewing wrote:
Listening to the post race interviews by Matthes, everyone was saying how demanding it was. Heart rates above their normal. Makes it quite impressive he was...
EZZA 95B wrote:
Oakdale! I missed a round of the junior state titles there in '98. Smile
Haha ?... damn auto correct in my phone. Got a ride day there next week or so
1/28/2019 2:46pm
Oakdale was one of my fav tracks. And the big single to tabo double before the finish. You had to rail that berm before in 2nd then shift 3rd to clear it on my 125. Then you see Aaron Gobert jumping it on his KX60 and feel it's a lot smaller. Talking back in early 90's but

Question
1/28/2019 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 3:09pm
Crush wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
I think if he gets a top 3 start he will prove you wrong.

Oh no I agree, I don't think for a win, but with all the stars aligned he can get a top 3 or top 5, and tbh, who cares.

People have been doubting Reed since 2008 ... and he is still there and just finished 2nd in a heat 2 weeks ago Wink

Plus he is like the last legend of the 2000 years ... Would people really get mad at McGrath if he had finished 10th at 37 years old ???

Personnally I would still like to have McGrath, RC, RV, Dungey, Canard, Stewart, Windham, Pourcel, Vuillemin, Larry Ward, Lusk, Ferry, Alessi, Millsaps, Tedesco, Tortelli, Roncada etc ... He is the last one standing so let us just enjoy while we can Wink
peelout
1/28/2019 3:38pm
Reed would benefit from someone like Cantazano in his corner
1/28/2019 4:05pm
I named my only son after CR, but he can't even "podium" the heat race. That said, I'm all for him keeping it going as long as he wants. He's 36 effing years old and he's still the (average) 10th best supercross rider in the world?! Yes, sign me up. Do as you wish sir.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
1/28/2019 4:16pm
I named my only son after CR, but he can't even "podium" the heat race. That said, I'm all for him keeping it going as long...
I named my only son after CR, but he can't even "podium" the heat race. That said, I'm all for him keeping it going as long as he wants. He's 36 effing years old and he's still the (average) 10th best supercross rider in the world?! Yes, sign me up. Do as you wish sir.

Post a reply to: Reed

The Latest