Reed

yz133rider
4/21/2018 8:15pm
He was on the new bike right? He was running the pace in the heat! And last off the start and finished top 10 is solid!
|
logan_140
4/21/2018 8:18pm
yz133rider wrote:
He was on the new bike right? He was running the pace in the heat! And last off the start and finished top 10 is solid!
Is the new Ktm and husky that much better then last years?
Mikep147
4/21/2018 8:22pm
I think the bike helped him mentally more than anything. Placebo Effect. Good to see him up to speed. Hope he comes back stronger in 19. I'm an old school guy and it's awesome to see him still competitive at his age.
omalley
4/21/2018 8:45pm
Must’ve gotten the rear calmed down...looked like it was going to pitch him over the bars about three or four times in the heat race...

The Shop

Lightning78
4/21/2018 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2018 1:50pm
Mikep147 wrote:
I think the bike helped him mentally more than anything. Placebo Effect. Good to see him up to speed. Hope he comes back stronger in 19...
I think the bike helped him mentally more than anything. Placebo Effect. Good to see him up to speed. Hope he comes back stronger in 19. I'm an old school guy and it's awesome to see him still competitive at his age.
Ok i fixed it, sorry, i usually try to break up posts with paragraphs and normally im bery adament about punctuation but I was sort of driving while voice dictating my text ... hence i had a lot of edits to make. Lol

It sometimes bothers me to hear people keep referring to Reed with "at his age" Brayton is as old or dam close. Only Chad knows if his drop-off is due to age or his injury and being completely unprepared at the start of the Season he didn't train at all before his injury and then got hurt so I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with switching to thr Rockstar E-Dishhhhh....

IF he had been in Tip-Top shape and still got injured he would have bounced back a lot easier when it came time to start going full speed and wouldnt be hovering around 10th. The fact is because he didn't have a ride so he's not going to train and then all of a sudden try to put everything together deciding to rush everything with absolutely no conditioning and with a broken leg/ankle his ability to train was obviously hampered.

His fall off is WAY too rapid and sharp to attribute it to just old age .... If and only if he had gone thru his bootcamp at the start of this year and been injured AT LEAST his conditioning wouldve gotten him thru the first part of the season w/o the embarrassing results ... and now with such a depleted field and I mean depleted as it could possibly get, he's still pulling down 10th Place finishes all these top-level guys go out and his final position on average has not changed hardly at all he's maybe gone from 12th to 10th or 11th Place?

I hope when Reed comes back next year that he comes back 100% healthy no excuses and be somewhat competitive but if he's still really uncompetitive then there should be no question as to it being time for him to hang up the boots. Im all for guys continuing their career as long as possible but at times, Chad seems completely uninspired out there and you can see it in his riding style he's not even remotely aggressive on the bike his Corner speed is atrocious and he's racing guys that he could have beat with one arm a couple years ago
Hammer 663s
4/21/2018 9:11pm
^^^^^^^^Paragraphs, Dude. That's frigging impossible to read.
Bry145
4/22/2018 6:17am
And liberals say public education is the answer...

toroP
4/22/2018 6:50am
Bad wallpaper. Blink
Crush
4/22/2018 7:00am
Good ride from down in the first turn for sure! Few turns he looked more settled too, new bike could be promising.
toroP
4/22/2018 7:03am
Reed’s best ride, IMO
yz133rider
4/22/2018 7:04am
Crush wrote:
Good ride from down in the first turn for sure! Few turns he looked more settled too, new bike could be promising.
Much better than starting top 5 and fading to outside the top 10. Starting way back and finishing inside the top 10 is a huge improvement!
Camp332
4/22/2018 7:09am
That's Lightning's writing style Bro.
Mikep147
4/22/2018 10:48am
Mikep147 wrote:
I think the bike helped him mentally more than anything. Placebo Effect. Good to see him up to speed. Hope he comes back stronger in 19...
Ok i fixed it, sorry, i usually try to break up posts with paragraphs and normally im bery adament about punctuation but I was sort of...
Ok i fixed it, sorry, i usually try to break up posts with paragraphs and normally im bery adament about punctuation but I was sort of driving while voice dictating my text ... hence i had a lot of edits to make. Lol

It sometimes bothers me to hear people keep referring to Reed with "at his age" Brayton is as old or dam close. Only Chad knows if his drop-off is due to age or his injury and being completely unprepared at the start of the Season he didn't train at all before his injury and then got hurt so I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with switching to thr Rockstar E-Dishhhhh....

IF he had been in Tip-Top shape and still got injured he would have bounced back a lot easier when it came time to start going full speed and wouldnt be hovering around 10th. The fact is because he didn't have a ride so he's not going to train and then all of a sudden try to put everything together deciding to rush everything with absolutely no conditioning and with a broken leg/ankle his ability to train was obviously hampered.

His fall off is WAY too rapid and sharp to attribute it to just old age .... If and only if he had gone thru his bootcamp at the start of this year and been injured AT LEAST his conditioning wouldve gotten him thru the first part of the season w/o the embarrassing results ... and now with such a depleted field and I mean depleted as it could possibly get, he's still pulling down 10th Place finishes all these top-level guys go out and his final position on average has not changed hardly at all he's maybe gone from 12th to 10th or 11th Place?

I hope when Reed comes back next year that he comes back 100% healthy no excuses and be somewhat competitive but if he's still really uncompetitive then there should be no question as to it being time for him to hang up the boots. Im all for guys continuing their career as long as possible but at times, Chad seems completely uninspired out there and you can see it in his riding style he's not even remotely aggressive on the bike his Corner speed is atrocious and he's racing guys that he could have beat with one arm a couple years ago
Chill man i didn't say anything negative as im a fan of Chad. But 36 isn't exactly the same as most of the other top guys in there 20s.
bowser977
4/22/2018 1:33pm
Just like I mentioned in the Stewart thread, he is in the same place he has been all year, just improving results wise because of attrition (Roczen, Webb, Seely, Tickle, etc.)
Lightning78
4/22/2018 1:53pm
I fixed it for ya.... sorry i use voice to text a lot and it always seems to bite me in the ass.... on word ive tried over and over to get my phone to understand is “rider” no matter how clearly i annunciate it always puts down “writer” ... super annoying but youre right it definitely needed some paragraphs.
Lightning78
4/22/2018 1:55pm
Mikep147 wrote:
Chill man i didn't say anything negative as im a fan of Chad. But 36 isn't exactly the same as most of the other top guys...
Chill man i didn't say anything negative as im a fan of Chad. But 36 isn't exactly the same as most of the other top guys in there 20s.
Oh i wasnt taking shots at what you said per se .... its just what is being said about him over and over, seems ever sentance starts out with “At his age....” when anyone wants to talk about Chad and im of the opinion that if he had trained in the off season “,bike or not he wouldve have not had as hard if a time getting better results as his injury healed up and improved.
Lightning78
4/22/2018 1:56pm
Camp332 wrote:
That's Lightning's writing style Bro.
No its using voice to text dictation .... pertially when im driving and the fact that i hate typing on my phone sometimes
Lightning78
4/22/2018 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2018 1:57pm
Much ty Grinning
Crush
4/22/2018 6:05pm
Crush wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
Much better than starting top 5 and fading to outside the top 10. Starting way back and finishing inside the top 10 is a huge improvement!
Yep for sure.

I always look at his turns... if he's good he flows through, if he does that stop turn start thing that you saw on a lot of blue four strokes he's not gonna flow.
TDeath21
4/22/2018 7:07pm
I’ll say the same thing here I said in the Mookie thread. He’s in the same spot he has been all season.
Crush
4/22/2018 7:11pm
Mmmm, I don't know about that. He was down in the first turn and went to 10th.
skypig
4/22/2018 7:29pm
Crush wrote:
Mmmm, I don't know about that. He was down in the first turn and went to 10th.
And was clearly fighting for positions.

Good to see.

Post a reply to: Reed

The Latest