Reduced purse for remaining SX

lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/17/2020 5:35pm
DonM wrote:
The state is doing the testing not Feld...
The state is mandating it but its up to the organization to do the testing.
APLMAN99
5/17/2020 5:36pm
DonM wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I find that difficult to believe unless the state is doing similar testing at every workplace. I don’t doubt that they’d set recommended fever guidelines, just...
I find that difficult to believe unless the state is doing similar testing at every workplace.

I don’t doubt that they’d set recommended fever guidelines, just like they probably do for all workplaces, but they’d be more likely to test employees at retailers than at a SX event that is held without spectators.......
TeamGreen wrote:
From Feld... Utah will require that everyone traveling from out of state take a COVID-19 test (and testing will be facilitated at the event by the...
From Feld...

Utah will require that everyone traveling from out of state take a COVID-19 test (and testing will be facilitated at the event by the state) and be declared clear of the virus 48 hours prior to the race. So that means to race Sunday, you must be clear for 48 hours before that. If you don’t leave the state, you don’t need to be tested again, although temperature checks will be done on site. If you do leave the state, you must then take the test again 48 hours in advance of the race. With races happening on Sunday and Wednesday, there’s really not time to do that in between races. So, although not every team and rider has announced plans, you can most likely expect everyone to stay put in Utah for the entire three weeks.
I’m talking about the temperature check at the facility, not the initial Covid-19 swab. Nothing says that temp checks will be done by the state, nor would it likely be done unless the state of Utah is doing requiring and doing it at all workplaces in the state.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/17/2020 6:14pm
DonM wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
The state is mandating it but its up to the organization to do the testing.
The state is also helping front the insurance liabilities, so yeah, they will make sure all is kosher.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
5/17/2020 6:28pm
I think what would be cool is a completely optional option next year to pay an extra $(x.xx) for when you buy your tickets and it goes to the rider's purse. Full transparency would be key so right before the mains, show on the jumbotron how much extra purse was donated that night getting the riders even more hopped up before the mains. Just like every time I go to home depot, they ask if I want to donate to a charity as the card machine. I don't do it all the time, but I usually do the round-up.

The Shop

resetjet
5/17/2020 6:28pm
Well should make for great racing. These guys wont have a 14 hour day, signing autographs etc. just racing.
diz330
5/17/2020 7:04pm
reminds me of the story in the news of Victoria beckham asking for taxpayer bailout money to help pay her 30 staff at her struggling fashion label during the pandemic while her and her husband have about a half billion dollar net worth lol. something is not right there.
TeamGreen
5/17/2020 7:13pm
We're going racing.

Stoked
5/17/2020 9:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2020 9:20pm
Temp checks are ridiculous. But that doesn’t matter, they’ll all be 6 feet apart. It’ll be fine.

Once they get tested and they’re good. They best stay I
In Utah and lay low until they’re done racing. One false positive can change a championship.

Alternates......if I was a license holder and racing was my job....then shit I’d be parking the motorhome nearby to get tested on day one and wait for the call.....you gotta think with these guys racing twice as much and less recovery there’s gonna be some injuries and empty gates for alternates to fill.
DonM
5/18/2020 8:55am
Temp checks are ridiculous. But that doesn’t matter, they’ll all be 6 feet apart. It’ll be fine. Once they get tested and they’re good. They best...
Temp checks are ridiculous. But that doesn’t matter, they’ll all be 6 feet apart. It’ll be fine.

Once they get tested and they’re good. They best stay I
In Utah and lay low until they’re done racing. One false positive can change a championship.

Alternates......if I was a license holder and racing was my job....then shit I’d be parking the motorhome nearby to get tested on day one and wait for the call.....you gotta think with these guys racing twice as much and less recovery there’s gonna be some injuries and empty gates for alternates to fill.
They are going to have to stay...if they leave they will have to be re-tested and another 48hrs...really not enough time between races to get tested and wait the mandatory 48hrs...

Post a reply to: Reduced purse for remaining SX

The Latest