Reddddd Buddddd! & Josh Grant & Ryan Dungey

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:29pm
Last year Josh Grant kicked in the afterburners at Redddddd Budddddd! He got a moto win last week and looks like maybe he could finally spoil Dungey's party this week. Who thinks that we will have a serious battle at the front between those two at Reddddddddddd Buddddddddddd!!!!!! ?
|
Highsider
6/29/2010 8:11am
As long as Grant isn't sore from his second moto "handstand" on the start, I am counting on him to kick it at Red Bud, of which I will be a witness.
Woohoo
Outsider
6/29/2010 8:32am
Yes, Josh is going to take it to Dungey!

RedRider31
6/29/2010 8:37am
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a battle up front. I'll bet Dungey rides smart just to finish strong, and he won't be banging bars with some guy that he has a 66 point lead over.
Outsider
6/29/2010 8:41am
RedRider31 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a battle up front. I'll bet Dungey rides smart just to finish strong, and he won't be banging bars...
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a battle up front. I'll bet Dungey rides smart just to finish strong, and he won't be banging bars with some guy that he has a 66 point lead over.
Grant spanked him last week, and at Hangtown, it's not unreasonable to think he will again.

The Shop

pie8man
6/29/2010 8:43am
It sure seems Mr Dungey is perfectly happy to take a comfortably managed 2nd in the first moto and then throw down for moto 2 and the overall. Consistency wins championships. With his closest competitors mixing it up every week he just keeps pulling away. I agree that Grant is going to make a run at race and overall wins moving forward. He had Dungeys first moto pace at Lakewood but I don't think he had it for moto 2.
Outsider
6/29/2010 8:47am
pie8man wrote:
It sure seems Mr Dungey is perfectly happy to take a comfortably managed 2nd in the first moto and then throw down for moto 2 and...
It sure seems Mr Dungey is perfectly happy to take a comfortably managed 2nd in the first moto and then throw down for moto 2 and the overall. Consistency wins championships. With his closest competitors mixing it up every week he just keeps pulling away. I agree that Grant is going to make a run at race and overall wins moving forward. He had Dungeys first moto pace at Lakewood but I don't think he had it for moto 2.
I think he would have had his pace with a good start. He probably blew himself up working from 40th to what, 10th?
RedRider31
6/29/2010 8:47am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2010 8:49am
RedRider31 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a battle up front. I'll bet Dungey rides smart just to finish strong, and he won't be banging bars...
Outsider wrote:
Grant spanked him last week, and at Hangtown, it's not unreasonable to think he will again.
Dungey got the overall. Just sayin'...

Dungey: 2-1
Grant: 1-10
Where does that translate to "spanked"?
6/29/2010 8:49am
If Grant can put two good motos together which I doubt he will? he will put it to RD. I am HUGE grant fan but come on guy get a lucky rabbit's foot or go to a seyonce or something !!!!!

Reed is going to be on Fire this weekend I have a feeling Smile
pie8man
6/29/2010 8:51am
Yeah Grant went 40th to 10th by the middle of the moto, I had a bet that he would get to 8th or better and he came up a bit short for me. 4th to 10th and never made any time on 9th place. I agree that with a top 5 start it would have been very interesting and a podium for sure but I think Dungey is perfectly managing his race days and would have worn Grant out by the end.
Outsider
6/29/2010 8:52am
RedRider31 wrote:

Did you watch the first moto? He spanked him, just like he did to everyone at Hangtown, moto 1.

The speed is there, the consistency is not. If he can be consistent, he can beat Dungey on a regular basis, imo.
motomike137
6/29/2010 8:57am
526 wrote:
If Grant can put two good motos together which I doubt he will? he will put it to RD. I am HUGE grant fan but come...
If Grant can put two good motos together which I doubt he will? he will put it to RD. I am HUGE grant fan but come on guy get a lucky rabbit's foot or go to a seyonce or something !!!!!

Reed is going to be on Fire this weekend I have a feeling Smile
Last year Reddddddd Budddddddd! is where Josh got it together for both moto's and really flowed well. He has to be feeling some confidence coming in to a place he won at convincingly. I'm just hoping to see a battle!
RedRider31
6/29/2010 9:00am
RedRider31 wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Did you watch the first moto? He spanked him, just like he did to everyone at Hangtown, moto 1. The speed is there, the consistency is...
Did you watch the first moto? He spanked him, just like he did to everyone at Hangtown, moto 1.

The speed is there, the consistency is not. If he can be consistent, he can beat Dungey on a regular basis, imo.
Well, I can definitely agree with your second to last sentence, and don't get me wrong 40th to 10th is very impressive.

I want so see them battle for sure, but I don't think Dungey will this weekend. Maybe down the road if Grant can get some wins and make it tighter in the points.
motomike137
6/29/2010 9:05am
RedRider31 wrote:

Outsider wrote:
Did you watch the first moto? He spanked him, just like he did to everyone at Hangtown, moto 1. The speed is there, the consistency is...

RedRider31 wrote:
Well, I can definitely agree with your second to last sentence, and don't get me wrong 40th to 10th is very impressive. I want so see...
Well, I can definitely agree with your second to last sentence, and don't get me wrong 40th to 10th is very impressive.

I want so see them battle for sure, but I don't think Dungey will this weekend. Maybe down the road if Grant can get some wins and make it tighter in the points.
Dungey is smart for sure but this is REDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDD! and if he has any cajones he won't be settling if he has a chance to win.
RedRider31
6/29/2010 9:07am
You never really know... I, for one, can't wait to see what happens!
PD441
6/29/2010 9:07am
Josh Grant = Yard Sale

Love to see the guy ride. Fast as hell, no lack of balls, will jump anything but gravity takes it's toll on him.

Another OA for Dungey.
WR5
6/29/2010 9:16am
I think RD5 will ride smart and finishi in a good position and then at Millville spank everyone by a mile!
raddad
6/29/2010 9:19am
RedRider31 wrote:

Outsider wrote:

RedRider31 wrote:
Well, I can definitely agree with your second to last sentence, and don't get me wrong 40th to 10th is very impressive. I want so see...

Spanked is waaay to strong of word for the first moto!~ Don't think for a minute that RD was not managing the race all the way. When he realized that Grant was going to do anything it took, crash or win, that he took what was given him and did not chase down Grant for obvious reasons...

If that race was one of the first 2-3 races and RD did not have a huge lead in points we may have seen a different outcome. Ryan is no dummy and looks at the big picture all the time. Why go crazy when a guy like Grant wants to race? Nothing to gain at all.

All of us that race do the exact same thing as RD is doing when we are out front in a championship, its a fools game to race yourself out of a championship! I said in another post that if RD has problems and falls behind in points he will race like a mad man but untill then i think you will see him win when he is comfortable to do so.
Outsider
6/29/2010 9:29am
raddad wrote:
Spanked is waaay to strong of word for the first moto!~ Don't think for a minute that RD was not managing the race all the way...
Spanked is waaay to strong of word for the first moto!~ Don't think for a minute that RD was not managing the race all the way. When he realized that Grant was going to do anything it took, crash or win, that he took what was given him and did not chase down Grant for obvious reasons...

If that race was one of the first 2-3 races and RD did not have a huge lead in points we may have seen a different outcome. Ryan is no dummy and looks at the big picture all the time. Why go crazy when a guy like Grant wants to race? Nothing to gain at all.

All of us that race do the exact same thing as RD is doing when we are out front in a championship, its a fools game to race yourself out of a championship! I said in another post that if RD has problems and falls behind in points he will race like a mad man but untill then i think you will see him win when he is comfortable to do so.
If that race was one of the first 2-3 races and RD did not have a huge lead in points we may have seen a different outcome.

You mean like Hangtown? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dungey, can, and will be beat.
Kinetic1
6/29/2010 9:30am
By the same token you can't give a guy a chance to think he can beat you. Dungey needs to be winning every moto to demoralize the competition if he can. Just like RC used to do and like James did in 08. I think Ryan could have run Grant down and won that first moto last week if he thought he needed to. He needs to think he needs the win every moto to a certain extent. Does that make sense?
RedRider31
6/29/2010 9:35am
Kinetic1 wrote:
By the same token you can't give a guy a chance to think he can beat you. Dungey needs to be winning every moto to demoralize...
By the same token you can't give a guy a chance to think he can beat you. Dungey needs to be winning every moto to demoralize the competition if he can. Just like RC used to do and like James did in 08. I think Ryan could have run Grant down and won that first moto last week if he thought he needed to. He needs to think he needs the win every moto to a certain extent. Does that make sense?
Yes, to an extent, but I think he's managing this potential championship run pretty well for a 20 yr old kid.
raddad
6/29/2010 9:38am
raddad wrote:
Spanked is waaay to strong of word for the first moto!~ Don't think for a minute that RD was not managing the race all the way...

Outsider wrote:
[b]If that race was one of the first 2-3 races and RD did not have a huge lead in points we may have seen a different...
If that race was one of the first 2-3 races and RD did not have a huge lead in points we may have seen a different outcome.

You mean like Hangtown? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dungey, can, and will be beat.
Of course he can and will be beat and already has been. My point is that if i were a JG fan i would not get to exited just yet, he has lots of points to make up and RD5 is a proven winner which JG is not. We have all seen them both lay down fast lap times and win races but i don't see him or anyone taking the rookie down this year. I could see Ryan taking himself out as often happens in this sport but when it comes to racing for a championship RD's the man. IMO of courseWink

Outsider, who do you think will race RD into the ground and take this championship away from him? Maybe Reed? Can he still catch him? IMO he is the only one capable as the others are to far back and/or are struggling at this time.
Kinetic1
6/29/2010 9:43am
Kinetic1 wrote:
By the same token you can't give a guy a chance to think he can beat you. Dungey needs to be winning every moto to demoralize...
RedRider31 wrote:
Yes, to an extent, but I think he's managing this potential championship run pretty well for a 20 yr old kid.
Absolutely! He is doing a fantstic job. And this is his first year on the 450 which means we get to see him for a long time yet......hopefully.
RedRider31
6/29/2010 9:52am
if grant could get starts, its his championship
Exactly, "IF".

I hope he does, and makes things more exciting. I don't think it'll get in Dungey's head or anything, but it will make for some epic racing.
Kinetic1
6/29/2010 9:55am
Until Grant learns to keep himself off the ground (regardles of the cause) he will never be a threat for a championship. He has the speed but when is the last time we saw him actually in the running for a whole series? He simply hits the dirt too much. Sometimes it's dumb luck like last weekend moto 2 and sometimes it's his own doing. Either way, if he can't fix that he will never win a championship.
Outsider
6/29/2010 11:15am
raddad wrote:
Of course he can and will be beat and already has been. My point is that if i were a JG fan i would not get...
Of course he can and will be beat and already has been. My point is that if i were a JG fan i would not get to exited just yet, he has lots of points to make up and RD5 is a proven winner which JG is not. We have all seen them both lay down fast lap times and win races but i don't see him or anyone taking the rookie down this year. I could see Ryan taking himself out as often happens in this sport but when it comes to racing for a championship RD's the man. IMO of courseWink

Outsider, who do you think will race RD into the ground and take this championship away from him? Maybe Reed? Can he still catch him? IMO he is the only one capable as the others are to far back and/or are struggling at this time.
I like JG, but, moreso I'm a fan of RACING. So, anyone that can step up and battle is going to get my full support.

Watching RD ride around to easy wins, while other guys struggle, are injured, or whatever, is great if you love RD, but, it's pretty dang boring as far racing goes.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to beat him right now with his lead, unless he has some major problems, and I don't wish harm on anybody!

Maybe a couple of flat tires or something... Whistling
TeamGreen
6/29/2010 11:15am
JG -HAS- to get results...he's out shoppin' for a ride and he ain't gonna get what he wnts without RESULTS!

Dungey? U actually think someone's gonna "spank" him in the results?

Uh, no.
raddad
6/29/2010 11:25am
raddad wrote:
Of course he can and will be beat and already has been. My point is that if i were a JG fan i would not get...

Outsider wrote:
I like JG, but, moreso I'm a fan of RACING. So, anyone that can step up and battle is going to get my full support. Watching...
I like JG, but, moreso I'm a fan of RACING. So, anyone that can step up and battle is going to get my full support.

Watching RD ride around to easy wins, while other guys struggle, are injured, or whatever, is great if you love RD, but, it's pretty dang boring as far racing goes.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to beat him right now with his lead, unless he has some major problems, and I don't wish harm on anybody!

Maybe a couple of flat tires or something... Whistling
I understand how fans feel when a rider is dominating. I used to hope like heck that MC would get beat just to add some excitement! I don't think that its easy for RD to win though and the others out there would say they are all trying hard like Shorty, Reed, Grant and all those foreignersSmile

I race every week and i like to have a challenge to make it more fun but in the end i am happiest when i win even if its by a wheel! I hope someone steps up and races Ryan for two motos but its hard to be anti-Dungey when you know the kid and his family. Just plain good folks and Ryan has a heart of gold. If you met him you would not see the politically correct guy you see on the podium each weekSmile

Are you coming to Millville to watch or race?
Outsider
6/29/2010 11:37am
raddad wrote:
I understand how fans feel when a rider is dominating. I used to hope like heck that MC would get beat just to add some excitement...
I understand how fans feel when a rider is dominating. I used to hope like heck that MC would get beat just to add some excitement! I don't think that its easy for RD to win though and the others out there would say they are all trying hard like Shorty, Reed, Grant and all those foreignersSmile

I race every week and i like to have a challenge to make it more fun but in the end i am happiest when i win even if its by a wheel! I hope someone steps up and races Ryan for two motos but its hard to be anti-Dungey when you know the kid and his family. Just plain good folks and Ryan has a heart of gold. If you met him you would not see the politically correct guy you see on the podium each weekSmile

Are you coming to Millville to watch or race?
MC didn't have a couple of guys sitting on the sidelines that could/would/maybe beat him... I'm just saying! Anyways, I think we both know where we stand. Wink

Millville would be awesome!

BUT, that's a little out of my budget at this time,lol.
kwhite199
6/29/2010 12:03pm
And IF I rode faster I might win as well. Life is much more than sitting around saying if, the "doing" part is much more important.

Post a reply to: Reddddd Buddddd! & Josh Grant & Ryan Dungey

The Latest