Redbud aftermath

detour174
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2020 7:24pm
Would really like to see a aerial view of redbud today Monday if they're still people stuck in a mud and so forth basically how it all looks today
|
10/8/2018 8:17am
We seen the back parking lot around 6:40 and it was pretty much empty. They had a had a big red tractor pulling people out with ease.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
10/8/2018 8:22am
I think most of the drivers being mx’rs would carry momentum, rail some ruts and choose good lines to all get out with their vehicles.

As for the garbage and ruts left behind everywhere including the fairgrounds parking area, that will take some work!

The Shop

Muezh
10/8/2018 9:26am
Ive never seen that place so wrecked. We made it out last night but we were parked on top of the hill right in front of the night track. A4 and B were destroyed. Heck, Deegans rear wheel drive truck needed a dozer to be pulled out.
ga_pike
10/8/2018 9:33am
So the parking lots are one thing... but what happens with the track moving forward. Obviously, the added sand stays in place and will continue to work into the exisitng local soil. Do they continue to bring in more sand? Do they move the start back or leave it in the new location? I actually liked the new area around the MXGP pit area. Any chance that structure stays in place? Honestly, the track was very "MXGP Style" IMO... not 100% sure if I liked it overall or not.
peelout
10/8/2018 9:37am
this chick got stuck on a couple broken branches

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
10/8/2018 9:41am
peelout wrote:
this chick got stuck on a couple broken branches [img]https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachments/dear-honda-feedback-forum/80434d1372257447-got-stuck-mud-imageuploadedbyautoguide1372257440.029462.jpg[/img]

Is that Matthes' truck?
Forty
10/8/2018 9:45am
I think I’ll drive my mustang with the s rated tires to a Rained out Motocross race and park in the middle of a mud lot.
hyler199
10/8/2018 8:47pm
I got a few cheers both days rippin thru the parking lot in a stock 03 black nissan pathfinder with winter tires on. Never even got close to being stuck and had the roost flying. lol I don't understand how some moto fans and riders are so terrible at driving. We would just watch in shock the sheer lack of common sense haha
KDXGarage
10/8/2018 9:16pm
peelout wrote:
this chick got stuck on a couple broken branches [img]https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachments/dear-honda-feedback-forum/80434d1372257447-got-stuck-mud-imageuploadedbyautoguide1372257440.029462.jpg[/img]

Ah, man! They brought back the El Camino AND made it a four door. GROOVY!
TeamFlannel
10/8/2018 9:31pm
Didn't sleep well in the tent last night, they were pulling people out all night long sounded like. Team Flannel compound was on east side of night track at bottom of hill, I backed up and turned around, used momentum in the grass to get to the gravel road on top, had more traction then but the mud ruts were so deep i was starting to get concerned as I was dragging bottom bad. We made it though! When my son got back in the truck he said the guys behind us when turning around said " Holy Shit that's a 2WD truck! "
Country boy can survive.
ledger
10/8/2018 11:23pm
We should start a GoFundMe for grass seed. Kinda sad to see the nicest MX facility in the country looking like a war zone. Glad everyone made it out okay.
ricko
10/9/2018 6:05am
Id love to see drone footage, its got to be nuts.
offroad44b
10/9/2018 6:06am
ledger wrote:
We should start a GoFundMe for grass seed. Kinda sad to see the nicest MX facility in the country looking like a war zone. Glad everyone...
We should start a GoFundMe for grass seed. Kinda sad to see the nicest MX facility in the country looking like a war zone. Glad everyone made it out okay.
Why? they made over $11,000,000 in tickets sales alone and I never saw one piece of gravel or mulch laid down. sure if they would have made any effort whatsoever to limit the amount of people and control the mud situation.
Beeby
10/9/2018 6:16am
ledger wrote:
We should start a GoFundMe for grass seed. Kinda sad to see the nicest MX facility in the country looking like a war zone. Glad everyone...
offroad44b wrote:
Why? they made over $11,000,000 in tickets sales alone and I never saw one piece of gravel or mulch laid down. sure if they would have...
Why? they made over $11,000,000 in tickets sales alone and I never saw one piece of gravel or mulch laid down. sure if they would have made any effort whatsoever to limit the amount of people and control the mud situation.
Yeah the preparation and organisation was terrible to account for bad weather. We all saw the forecast and yet they just directed people into already muddy fields and pretty much left you to fend for yourself.

Whether the money taken goes to the people that own the land or straight to youth stream, someone makes a LOT of money.
10/9/2018 6:31am
ledger wrote:
offroad44b wrote:
Why? they made over $11,000,000 in tickets sales alone and I never saw one piece of gravel or mulch laid down. sure if they would have...
Beeby wrote:
Yeah the preparation and organisation was terrible to account for bad weather. We all saw the forecast and yet they just directed people into already muddy...
Yeah the preparation and organisation was terrible to account for bad weather. We all saw the forecast and yet they just directed people into already muddy fields and pretty much left you to fend for yourself.

Whether the money taken goes to the people that own the land or straight to youth stream, someone makes a LOT of money.
I think they did a damn good job. Organization was top notch. Took less than 15 min to get in the gate and parked. There was plenty of staff directing traffic and keeping things moving. Rain made the parking area muddy cant really go turning everything into a gravel lot for one weekend.
I was even nore impressed when it was time to leave. No hassle, no panic no mayhem. They annouced it many times throughout the day. All you had to do was turn on your hazard lights and they came and pulled you out. Turned mine on and they came along in about 10 min.
Then again they actually had staff directing traffic on the way out. Thst made everything move very efficiently. I absolutely hate going to large events knowing that when it comes time to leave people are left to sort it out themselves. Leaving Daytona SX last year was a damn nightmare. Hats off to the staff at Redbud....
agn5009
10/9/2018 6:35am
peelout wrote:

KDXGarage wrote:
Ah, man! They brought back the El Camino AND made it a four door. GROOVY!
Come on man, don't compare El Camino's to Ridgelines!
Moto96
10/9/2018 6:44am
I thought that was Keefers...........the dodge wasn't tough enough for him.
JM485
10/9/2018 7:00am
peelout wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Is that Matthes' truck?
At least he didn’t show his liscence plate bro
Donovan759
10/9/2018 7:43am
peelout wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Is that Matthes' truck?
JM485 wrote:
At least he didn’t show his liscence plate bro
For sure, bro. Daemon would have had a stroke.
Beeby
10/9/2018 7:55am
offroad44b wrote:
Beeby wrote:
Yeah the preparation and organisation was terrible to account for bad weather. We all saw the forecast and yet they just directed people into already muddy...

I think they did a damn good job. Organization was top notch. Took less than 15 min to get in the gate and parked. There was...
I think they did a damn good job. Organization was top notch. Took less than 15 min to get in the gate and parked. There was plenty of staff directing traffic and keeping things moving. Rain made the parking area muddy cant really go turning everything into a gravel lot for one weekend.
I was even nore impressed when it was time to leave. No hassle, no panic no mayhem. They annouced it many times throughout the day. All you had to do was turn on your hazard lights and they came and pulled you out. Turned mine on and they came along in about 10 min.
Then again they actually had staff directing traffic on the way out. Thst made everything move very efficiently. I absolutely hate going to large events knowing that when it comes time to leave people are left to sort it out themselves. Leaving Daytona SX last year was a damn nightmare. Hats off to the staff at Redbud....
Your experience was VERY different to ours then
offroad44b
10/9/2018 8:00am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 8:03am
offroad44b wrote:
Beeby wrote:

I think they did a damn good job. Organization was top notch. Took less than 15 min to get in the gate and parked. There was...
I agree with the directing traffic and crowd control at the gates. they did good there.

and the track was amazing. I lost 2 bets. made both before leaving the camper... 1st I said no one would hit a triple all day on sat (from the mud) 2nd I said no one would hit the leap all weekend. (from the mud and the roller right before it) guess I suck

did you (attempt to) walk through the midway or pits? did you go through the campground? THAT was a nightmare. I saw 1 skid steer in the pits and 1 dozer in the campground until the 2 tractors showed up..... scrape the 8" of mud off the top and get something down in the midway at least
Bluelion
10/9/2018 9:26am

This picture is from this Tuesday morning..
Not s blade of grass left on most of the hills...
Fonzarelli
10/9/2018 9:29am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 9:30am
Beeby wrote:

Beeby wrote:
Your experience was VERY different to ours then
That's the thing. There were two different experiences going on out there, I know because My Sat and my Sun were two different experiences.

Saturday I was in the back lot and it was a mudbog and nobody from Red Bud was helping. They weren't directing or helping anyone for hours. I saw a dozer and a skidsteer sitting idle. Everyone around me was in the same boat, 4WD or not. The only way out was other fans pushing and lots of them did.

Sunday was the total opposite. I made sure I parked on a hilltop facing right onto a hardpack road in the front lot. No traction issues and every intersection had someone directing cars. Still took a while to get out but that is normal at Red Bud.

Post a reply to: Redbud aftermath

The Latest