Redbud Virgins...give me your thoughts.

Edited Date/Time 10/12/2018 10:52am
As a local, Redbud is the pro track I grew up with. To those of you who are coming here from other states/countries what is your opinion of Redbud???

|
420Racing
10/7/2018 4:16am
I grew up going to HighPoint since the beginning and I'm very impressed. Even in a muddy mess still an awesome track!
10/7/2018 5:13am
I’m surprised how small it is compared to the other Nationals. If they didn’t add in a few turns, the laptimes would be very short and I expected it to be much bigger by the way it looks on TV.
10/7/2018 5:33am
I’m surprised how small it is compared to the other Nationals. If they didn’t add in a few turns, the laptimes would be very short and...
I’m surprised how small it is compared to the other Nationals. If they didn’t add in a few turns, the laptimes would be very short and I expected it to be much bigger by the way it looks on TV.
It seems like it used to be bigger, but the last time I was there I was smaller. So there's that

The Shop

cbuehler767
10/7/2018 5:39am
I’m surprised how small it is compared to the other Nationals. If they didn’t add in a few turns, the laptimes would be very short and...
100% Chris. I said to my gf multiple times how much different it looks in tv. Like you said much smaller
kb228
10/7/2018 5:58am
Havent been to redbud but when i first started seeing videos, i quickly learned that all you do is slam beer, scream REDBUUUDDD, and chant USA
RG1
10/7/2018 6:19am
Shouting REDBUUUD every 30 seconds gets really old. Apart from that, the track is awesome, the local fans are really friendly and the racing was excellent yesterday. Can't wait for today
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
10/7/2018 10:03am
I'm not a mxon But I went to the Red bud pro national this summer and the facility is awsome , I would give the place a 10 out of 10 and I have been to others not all but
I've been to Glen Helen, Hang town , Millville, Mt Morris,Colorado and Red bud , and out of those millville and Red Bud would be a tie for 1st imo
acres951
10/8/2018 5:28am
Unbelievable facility. Not sure any other track that could have managed all of this (crowd, weather, track etc) better
lumpy790
10/8/2018 5:34am
MXoN track was changed a lot and shortened from the national track that has been pretty much the same since I 1st went there in 1979 and raced am day. The valley part was almost all new design. That off camber straight kicked the USA riders butts.
MX Culture
10/8/2018 5:44am
Track was shortened for MXoN. Laptimes were lower.
Fonzarelli
10/8/2018 6:34am
It's a lot better on 4th of July weekend when it's 90 degrees and all the girls are dressed like its 90 degrees.
Honda88L
10/8/2018 11:17am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 11:19am
Rode the national track in September of 17 and went to MXON. They did shorten the track - it use to be after the tabletop next to Laroccos leap you would go way down a fast sweeper to the left to the bottom of the hill and do a big circle back in to a nice right with a long run into the leap. They took that whole part out and made a U to the left that gave a much smaller run at the leap. I think there was a big tent down there. I was telling those I was with that was the reason so many weren't hitting it, not the weather. I thought the track was in good shape all weekend.
danman
10/8/2018 1:24pm
I had been to Red Bud a LONG time ago, like 30 years, ago, so I consider myself a virgin.
Track and facilities were very nice.
The chainsaws and screaming Red Bud every 3 minutes were absolutely annoying.
motomike137
10/8/2018 2:21pm
RG1 wrote:
Shouting REDBUUUD every 30 seconds gets really old. Apart from that, the track is awesome, the local fans are really friendly and the racing was excellent...
Shouting REDBUUUD every 30 seconds gets really old. Apart from that, the track is awesome, the local fans are really friendly and the racing was excellent yesterday. Can't wait for today
Shouting REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! never gets old!
crusher773
10/8/2018 3:12pm
Millville is way better I think. I've also been to CO and Freestone. Millville is the tops so far.
RG1
10/8/2018 3:26pm
RG1 wrote:
Shouting REDBUUUD every 30 seconds gets really old. Apart from that, the track is awesome, the local fans are really friendly and the racing was excellent...
Shouting REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! never gets old!
It really does. The only reason it gets said so often is that on circuit commentary is piss poor and he can't talk for anymore than 2 mins, so he just gets the crowd to shout it. It was probably the worst organised MXdN I've ever been to
boston_jorj
10/8/2018 4:07pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
It's a lot better on 4th of July weekend when it's 90 degrees and all the girls are dressed like its 90 degrees.
AMEN. Still an epic weekend. Bummed I couldn’t go
cheeseburger
10/8/2018 5:31pm
Pretty good viewing, lot B was interesting probably would have been better if it wasnt a slop fest, suprised on the amount of sand on the track but understandable, im not really sure if there is anything i can say i would have done differently to make it better given the conditions. Maybe not have the guy pumping out the track shitters during qualifying races and bring in the tvs on Saturday for qualifying races
ricko
10/8/2018 6:30pm
I haven’t been there since like 05, barely remember it then but incredible facility. Not sure of any other track with that much decently level parking and that much of it. That track took a hell of a lot of water. They got their hands full redoing the fields now that’s for sure. It looked amazing on Thursday pre rain.
friday10
10/8/2018 7:38pm
First time there, I thought it was great! Except for the ass whipping part.
cameron96
10/8/2018 7:59pm
I will never un see all the stuff I saw this weekend.

Came from Canada,

Insanity everywhere
RJMX834
10/8/2018 8:45pm
I was a first timer this past weekend. I now have memories ill have for a lifetime. The track was amazing considering weather conditions. The fans are awesome. Reddddbuddd i may not wanna hear for a few months lol. But other than that, not many complaints. The track looks like it would be amazing to race on, but it wasn't the best to spectate. Really my only complaint. But wow, when it gets dark... never seen a party like i did this past weekend. Overall, an amazing experience.
hyler199
10/8/2018 9:09pm
The whole USA USA USA USA USA gets old fast....
lol we had several drunk idiots start yelling that at us as we were walking thru the crowd.
I mean, were showing support for Canada... but were also realistic where we think they are going to land. Low-key were rooting for the States aswell lol

I just wanted to look at these idiots and say, YO we think you guys deserve a win here too. We want to see a great race.. but oh well lol
ipbrew
10/8/2018 9:33pm
cameron96 wrote:
I will never un see all the stuff I saw this weekend.

Came from Canada,

Insanity everywhere
Do tell!
Enabler
10/9/2018 7:13am
Since you asked.....

I am from the Las Vegas NV, I may have a little different perspective on Red Bud than some others I have seen on here.

1. We purchased the VIP tickets. Money well spent, the accommodations were really first class. The food was very good, really. No hamburgers or hotdogs but prime roast beef, Fajitas, salad, etc. no one in VIP went hungry. The bath rooms were nice (no port a potties). I could be wrong but I credit MXGP and Guiseppe Luongo for the excellent accommodations not the Redbud promoters.

2. The staff, who I would assume were all Michiganders, were all pleasant and helpful. This seemed to be a recurring theme in Michigan, how genuinely nice and helpful the people are. Michigan could certainly teach Las Vegas a thing or two about how to treat visitors.

3. Who thought it would be a good idea to host the most prestigious motocross race in the world in Michigan during October? All I can really see when I think of Redbud is mud. What a mess. It may not have been a full on mudder but you could not tell that from the infield or parking areas. Having to walk through 3 to 6 inches of mud to go anywhere in the facility is ridiculous. I don't know, metal grates, wood walk paths, gravel, or sand dumped and smoothed seemed like it could have helped to get from one place to another inside the facility. We ended up staying in the VIP area most of the time just because it sucked so bad walking anywhere.

4. The track. I did not expect to see a sand track. I've watched the race for years on TV but never fully realized how sandy it was. This combined with the mud made for a really crappy race track. From all of the outdoor nationals I have been to over the years, this track would not rate in the top 10.

5. Directions to the track. These were country roads out in the middle of nowhere. The police at the intersections didn't have a clue when it came to what entrance VIP visitors should go in. We spent a lot of money for those passes and did not believe we should have to spend an extra 30.00 to take a shuttle to the race track when free parking was included. We did talk the officer into letting us through after explaining to him the VIP passes but he didn't have any idea which way we should be going to get to the correct entrance. Even after getting in the entrance it was a guessing game on where to park from there due to there not being any parking attendants directing traffic. Some signs stating where the various parking lots were would have been huge. Turns out we wished we would have taken the shuttle.

6. We got stuck in the mud in our rental car in the VIP area. Fortunately, the Redbud promoters came up with the great idea of supplying one tractor to pull out all of the stuck cars. And there were a lot of buried vehicles. Even four-wheel drive vehicles were buried. We were stuck for 3 hours in that shit hole. You would think the promoters would have had some idea that this was going to be a problem since I would presume they have dealt with this before. Fortunately, four Australians pulled us out.

I can only come to the conclusion that the Redbud promoters really could not have cared less about the fans and vendors. They have done this before. Thank god the turn out wasn't anything like what was being predicted. If 50 or 60 thousand fans would have shown up it would have been even more of a mess than it was.

Mud racing is part of motocross, it's the shitty part. Who ever really wants to see a mud race? Maybe the same people who watch mud bogs. The poster that posted that this race "should have been at Glen Helen" could not have been more right. He caught a lot of shit for that post but he was right. It was 77* and partly cloudy Sunday at Glen Helen.
aeffertz
10/9/2018 11:20am
Man, so many threads but I’ll pick this one and keep it short.

It was insane, on the verge of a once in a lifetime experience. Weather was rough but amazingly the track was racey. Met tons of cool people throughout the weekend. The pit bike race Saturday night was simply mayhem. Could’ve donn without the tire fires and 5 minute chainsaw runs but I guess that’s part of it. The drive home sucked Monday, that’s for sure!

Hopefully anyone who came from overseas had fun!
Donovan759
10/9/2018 11:41am
If you went to RedBud and you're still a virgin, you sure weren't camping at the track all weekend..

Post a reply to: Redbud Virgins...give me your thoughts.

The Latest