RedBull KTM should move Blake Bagget over!

I dunno what the deal is between ROcky Mountain KTM team & Red Bull KTM but bagget has been impressive towards the end of SX good start to MX would it make sense to move him to the premier Red Bull KTM team? I think it would be a great move for everyone around?
|
6/5/2017 3:42am
Rmatv wouldn't want that to happen.

Red Bull had to be respectful of their feeder team. Don't want them to pull a JGR and switch to another brand.

Not to mention the bike is the same as red bull ktm.
philG
6/5/2017 4:30am
IMO.. Having good Pro's on your support team is a must , Millsaps and Baggett are decent riders, but they are better where they are, because RMATV can bag some backing for guys that have a history , they wouldn't get the same for a couple of ex 250 guys moving up.

The Shop

TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
6/5/2017 4:40am
philG wrote:
IMO.. Having good Pro's on your support team is a must , Millsaps and Baggett are decent riders, but they are better where they are, because...
IMO.. Having good Pro's on your support team is a must , Millsaps and Baggett are decent riders, but they are better where they are, because RMATV can bag some backing for guys that have a history , they wouldn't get the same for a couple of ex 250 guys moving up.
I wish I were as "decent" of a rider as those two. Especially the decent rider that just won a 450 national.
tiddlermx23
6/5/2017 4:43am
Don't care what awning they put him under, I just hope he makes this a legit chanpionship battle with Tomac and Musquin. Races have really exceeded my expectations of a Tomac runaway and I love it!
6/5/2017 5:38am
Why would they do that, the chances of RB KTM moving Bagget over are slim to none existent, KTM RMATV is almost the exact same bike except for the exhaust and some minor settings.
6/5/2017 5:40am
KTM has supplied their satellite teams with factory equipment so they'd be competitive. Seems to be working..
IWreckALot
6/5/2017 5:50am
I like seeing non factory teams snagging wins here and there.

Baggett's line that he used to pass Tomac was awesome. Nobody else was using that high line and it was a perfect berm and smooth as a freeway. Genius line. That's one of those lines that he might have learned from Pourcel.
F.B
6/5/2017 5:53am
Great team, same bike but I'm sure Blake wouldn't mind getting a RB KTM type salary.
Speeddemon73
6/5/2017 5:53am
I honestly do not think that Blake moving to Red Bull KTM is that much better than what he has currently. He is essentially on the same bike. Blake's ranch is a much better facility than the Baker's factory and I would rather be trained by someone who actually raced motocross than a road cyclist like Aldon. Only thing I see being better is the money, but Blake is probably being paid very well at Rocky MTN if he can afford to buy his own heavy equipment to build his tracks. His current training method of just riding the bike a lot is a better training method than being a gym rat or putting in pointless miles on a road cycle. You can train all you want in the gym and ride a bazillion miles on the road bike, but nothing can replicate actually riding the bike. I'll be cheering him on and I hope he can put himself on top of the box more this season.
Motofinne
6/5/2017 5:55am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2017 5:57am
Why? Blake and the rest of the RMATVMC riders are on factory equipment just like the Red Bull factory team. The only difference between the factory team and RMATVMC is the people within the team.

2018 is another story. KTM will have a new Factory Editon bike like in 2015, i would assume that the Red Bull team will have an advantage over any satellite team when it comes to parts availability etc.
TXDirt
6/5/2017 5:59am
I think it depends on how long it takes Canard to come back. And if he comes back how long he races before he's sidelined again. Moving Blake over makes sense considering Redbull KTM only has one rider under the tent at the moment.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
6/5/2017 6:35am
HIs contract is with BBMX .. why would they give up their star rider? He is already on factory equipment. I could see him fielding offers for next year but I don't think he would be released from his contract to move to the Red Bull team.
6/5/2017 6:58am
Sounds like the team has a lot of time invested in settings, testing, plus Byrner's influence. Whatever they're doing, they need to just keep doing it.
BobPA
6/5/2017 7:04am
I honestly do not think that Blake moving to Red Bull KTM is that much better than what he has currently. He is essentially on the...
I honestly do not think that Blake moving to Red Bull KTM is that much better than what he has currently. He is essentially on the same bike. Blake's ranch is a much better facility than the Baker's factory and I would rather be trained by someone who actually raced motocross than a road cyclist like Aldon. Only thing I see being better is the money, but Blake is probably being paid very well at Rocky MTN if he can afford to buy his own heavy equipment to build his tracks. His current training method of just riding the bike a lot is a better training method than being a gym rat or putting in pointless miles on a road cycle. You can train all you want in the gym and ride a bazillion miles on the road bike, but nothing can replicate actually riding the bike. I'll be cheering him on and I hope he can put himself on top of the box more this season.
Yeah Dungey, Anderson, Moosecan, and Osbourne are sure proving the dumbass road bike trainer is a waste of time.
akillerwombat
6/5/2017 7:07am
IWreckALot wrote:
I like seeing non factory teams snagging wins here and there. Baggett's line that he used to pass Tomac was awesome. Nobody else was using that...
I like seeing non factory teams snagging wins here and there.

Baggett's line that he used to pass Tomac was awesome. Nobody else was using that high line and it was a perfect berm and smooth as a freeway. Genius line. That's one of those lines that he might have learned from Pourcel.
Same.

Good for the sport to see people outside of the top teams being competitive.
IWreckALot
6/5/2017 7:14am
I honestly do not think that Blake moving to Red Bull KTM is that much better than what he has currently. He is essentially on the...
BobPA wrote:
Yeah Dungey, Anderson, Moosecan, and Osbourne are sure proving the dumbass road bike trainer is a waste of time.
The post sounded good in theory but the real life results are pretty damning to the theory.

I believe Tomac is still crunching hills on the mountain bike. Saw a video of him doing a pretty good hill climb a week or two ago.
Superdave19
6/5/2017 7:17am
Dude the bikes are identical- Nothing gained.

Leave him where he is.
davistld01
6/5/2017 7:24am
bodean123 wrote:
I don't know. He seems really happy where he is.
Yeah, he does...and I kind of feel like Baggett likes the "underdog" position that being on a satellite team like he's on gives him, and the advantage of having KTM putting him on the identical bike that Musquin is riding is a boost as well.

I'm a huge Trey Canard fan, and I hope that they find a way to keep him on...but I would certainly understand why they wouldn't, and I certainly understand if/why Trey would hang up his boots and do something different that wasn't so abusive to his body, and so abusive so often. If KTM sees fit to cut him or he steps down voluntarily, I can't think of anybody more deserving than Blake to fill the spot.
tickleme20
6/5/2017 7:36am
Dude the bikes are identical- Nothing gained.

Leave him where he is.
Maybe $$$ but I agree.

Plus he could slam that icy cold bottle of water after the race on live TV with no cares Laughing
DonM
6/5/2017 8:38am
Aldon was a mountain biker.....He should just quit because he obviously sucks at his job...Blink
Hut
6/5/2017 8:45am
Bagget used to train with Baker while he was at PC not sure when they parted ways.
davistld01
6/5/2017 9:48am
Hut wrote:
Bagget used to train with Baker while he was at PC not sure when they parted ways.
Probably no room on the bus with Dungey, Musquin & Anderson hogging the front seats.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/5/2017 11:07am
Hut wrote:
There's a very good reason, but most of you would lose your minds if I posted it here...

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/5/2017 11:08am
Hut wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Probably no room on the bus with Dungey, Musquin & Anderson hogging the front seats.
Nothing that do with that. Baggett was there before them and could've stayed out, if he wanted to.
Hut
6/5/2017 12:26pm
Hut wrote:
langhammx wrote:
There's a very good reason, but most of you would lose your minds if I posted it here...

Alright let's hear it. Cool
6/5/2017 12:56pm
Hut wrote:
langhammx wrote:

Hut wrote:
Alright let's hear it. Cool
Nah man, thats the Vital way. You just bait everyone saying you know stuff but you can't actually say it because "reasons".

Post a reply to: RedBull KTM should move Blake Bagget over!

The Latest