RedBud national worth going to ?

Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 6:38pm
I'm a die hard mx fan
I have been to several other nationals
But I havent been to RedBud
I will be on a Road trip up that way anyway so it wouldnt be far Out of the Way to go to
But I would be going solo , would it be worth going alone ?
Any of you going to that race ?
If I go any body want to meet up and watch the race together ?
|
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
6/28/2018 9:01pm
usually hot as hell...but....F yes!...go
mb60
6/28/2018 9:36pm
Best national I have attended bar none.
BS12
6/28/2018 9:41pm
Question: What would you be doing instead? And would that be better than going to the national? (legit question)

As an Aussie who's a mad fan, I'd drag my balls across broken glass just to sit in traffic for 2 hours to get in to Red Bud on July 4th weekend
ehr400
6/29/2018 3:20am
If think its one of the best if not the best one out there. Been to quite a few different tracks to watch.

The Shop

KMC440
6/29/2018 4:15am
Ball dragging aside, Blink Red Bud on the weekend of the 4th is a good time, seriously good time.
Unless you've got a dieing relative, and they won't remember you being there anyway, turn in your moto card if you don't go.
diz330
6/29/2018 4:29am
Yes it's awesome!! I've driven 7 hours from Toronto about 5 times now to go!!
motomike137
6/29/2018 4:47am
Tarz483 wrote:
I'm a die hard mx fan I have been to several other nationals But I havent been to RedBud I will be on a Road trip...
I'm a die hard mx fan
I will be on a Road trip up that way anyway so it wouldnt be far Out of the Way to go to
Redddddddddddddddd Budddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

There is no question that if you love MX and you are going to be in the area you should go even on your own. Actually being on your own gives you the flexibility to move around all day and take it in from many vantage points which Red Bud is great for. You will not regret it!
kNewc
6/29/2018 4:49am
Red Bud is literally one big party in the infield, and always a great time. now that they put up screens a while ago you can "see" the entire track no matter where you set up camp with your chairs and coolers. I recommend walking the track a couple times while motos are going too. If you can afford it try to get the top of the bleacher seats in the VIP section. They cost extra but are well worth it (and most likely sold out months ago).
MudPup545
6/29/2018 5:03am
Well, my wife and I honeymooned there and this will be year 24 for me, so I'd say "Hell YES!!!"
6/29/2018 5:22am
kNewc wrote:
Red Bud is literally one big party in the infield, and always a great time. now that they put up screens a while ago you can...
Red Bud is literally one big party in the infield, and always a great time. now that they put up screens a while ago you can "see" the entire track no matter where you set up camp with your chairs and coolers. I recommend walking the track a couple times while motos are going too. If you can afford it try to get the top of the bleacher seats in the VIP section. They cost extra but are well worth it (and most likely sold out months ago).
You need screens to see other parts of the track? Does that mean a lot of the track is out of sight depending on where you are sitting? Hoping you can find viewing places where you can see most of the track... Never been, but was pretty disappointed at Washougal last year. The weather and track were beautiful, but hard to see more than half of it from any one spot....
rmoto003
6/29/2018 5:30am
Does a bear shit in the woods?
kNewc
6/29/2018 5:35am
kNewc wrote:
Red Bud is literally one big party in the infield, and always a great time. now that they put up screens a while ago you can...
You need screens to see other parts of the track? Does that mean a lot of the track is out of sight depending on where you...
You need screens to see other parts of the track? Does that mean a lot of the track is out of sight depending on where you are sitting? Hoping you can find viewing places where you can see most of the track... Never been, but was pretty disappointed at Washougal last year. The weather and track were beautiful, but hard to see more than half of it from any one spot....
You can see half of the track from one side of the hill and the other half of the track from the other side. So depending on where you sit you can see 50% of the track (if you are on that particular hill - the one with the spectator bleachers in the infield). So yes, you need screens - but it's not terrible. If you sit on that hill you can choose to see Loroccos Leap and the whoops, along with the finish line turn and big table tops. Or you can sit on the other side and see the ski jump, you can see the start a little better, and the larger section of course with table top, big up hill, and bowl turn. Either way you get to see good racing. It doesn't ruin the experience, and the screens only make it better because after a few hours you know the entire track and you can tell where the riders are at based on the screens and the loudness of the fans.

Just go. lol
MX Culture
6/29/2018 10:55am
Tons of vital members will be at that event. As well as myself, if you’re near there you must go!
Kebrock
6/29/2018 11:13am
Bought my tickets yesterday...my 5 year old is pumped!
RUTCITY
6/29/2018 11:42am
This is a CANT MISS NATIONAL every year.
Thor34103
6/29/2018 11:45am
Been there many a times and highly recommend it. ?
Zaugg
6/29/2018 11:53am
Is this really a question?

So you're gonna sit there...at your computer...and ask everyone here in the forum if RedBud is worth going to?

I suppose you own a fireworks stand and only sell snakes and sparklers.

The answer is YES.

ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
6/29/2018 12:04pm
RUTCITY wrote:
This is a CANT MISS NATIONAL every year.
Been going to RB from 1973-2014 since Gene (RIP) and Carl developed the facility. Seen it all over the years.

First class track, viewing, pits and multiple entry points. Must go facility IMO compared to the other 11. Rock on MXON.
Ericrob7
6/29/2018 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 12:10pm
Tarz483 wrote:
I'm a die hard mx fan I have been to several other nationals But I havent been to RedBud I will be on a Road trip...
I'm a die hard mx fan
100% yes brother. I've been twice, the 2nd time with a group of friends. I would suggest staying for the weekend, people at Red Bud party hard......REEEDDDDD BUUUUDDDDD

And LaRoccos leap in person is sick.
willie838
6/29/2018 9:44pm
is the premium seating worth it?

which sections gives the best value?

Post a reply to: RedBud national worth going to ?

The Latest