Red anchor

Richy
5/3/2021 1:28am
For sure man, obviously it was meant to be a one off to get himself together after years of injuries and mental burnout and some extra paternity leave or whatnot, but after skipping motocross season once it kinda feels like until he / 'they' say he is doing outdoors this year, is it happening?
CPR
5/3/2021 2:22am
28hall wrote:
I think Anderson would disagree with this take.... funny I don’t remember a ORANGE ANCHOR thread last year when Webb rolled around in 8th place looking...
I think Anderson would disagree with this take.... funny I don’t remember a ORANGE ANCHOR thread last year when Webb rolled around in 8th place looking very deflated in the final SLC round last year even being beaten by our very own Kroc. Full props to cooper he owned the season this year but this thread is ridiculous
^^^This^^^ Thank you
Yuban156
5/3/2021 7:06am
28hall wrote:
I think Anderson would disagree with this take.... funny I don’t remember a ORANGE ANCHOR thread last year when Webb rolled around in 8th place looking...
I think Anderson would disagree with this take.... funny I don’t remember a ORANGE ANCHOR thread last year when Webb rolled around in 8th place looking very deflated in the final SLC round last year even being beaten by our very own Kroc. Full props to cooper he owned the season this year but this thread is ridiculous
Yuban156 wrote:
Anderson has issues with altitude that no one else has. Weird. What was Webb’s record in Utah’s races last year to suggest a orange anchor thread...
Anderson has issues with altitude that no one else has. Weird. What was Webb’s record in Utah’s races last year to suggest a orange anchor thread? Didn’t he win 3 of the 7 races at altitude. I believe the red anchor also had a win at altitude. Did cooper Webb start in first and end up in 8 th like you suggest last year in the finale? Maybe that’s why😂
28hall wrote:
So your a doctor? It’s just pure coincidence Anderson struggles at tracks at altitude and no where else? You started your thread after the final race...
So your a doctor? It’s just pure coincidence Anderson struggles at tracks at altitude and no where else? You started your thread after the final race commenting on Ken’s 10th I’m merely pointing out the fact your boy gave up in his final race of the season last yea too getting an 8th without a crash after battling for all those wins you brought up... it happens
I’m no doctor. It’s well known and Anderson has spoken about it numerous times. As to webbs performance last year at the finale. Did webb start in 1st and drop anchor to eighth as you suggest?
tuttle425
5/3/2021 10:09am
Altitude can affect everyone differently and even highly tuned athletes can be affected. Yes, everyone had to race at altitude but that doesn't mean that every had to deal with the same effects of said altitude.

However, it does surprise me that Anderson would be so affected at 4k feet. According to some articles I perused, altitude sickness generally kicks in around 8k feet, but can be lower for some people.

I live in Kansas at around 1000 feet and I don't really notice anything when I go to Denver (~5000 feet). However, I stayed in Breckenridge (~10000 feet) last year when I went to watch Thunder Valley and it kicked my ass. I didn't get altitude sickness but I got seriously winded just walking around and on a very easy hike.

The Shop

wrc777
Fantasy
1130th
5/3/2021 11:54am
tuttle425 wrote:
Altitude can affect everyone differently and even highly tuned athletes can be affected. Yes, everyone had to race at altitude but that doesn't mean that every...
Altitude can affect everyone differently and even highly tuned athletes can be affected. Yes, everyone had to race at altitude but that doesn't mean that every had to deal with the same effects of said altitude.

However, it does surprise me that Anderson would be so affected at 4k feet. According to some articles I perused, altitude sickness generally kicks in around 8k feet, but can be lower for some people.

I live in Kansas at around 1000 feet and I don't really notice anything when I go to Denver (~5000 feet). However, I stayed in Breckenridge (~10000 feet) last year when I went to watch Thunder Valley and it kicked my ass. I didn't get altitude sickness but I got seriously winded just walking around and on a very easy hike.
He supposedly lives in New Mexico at roughly 4K feet as well.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
5/3/2021 11:58am
Honda have to be pissed! All those millions they paid him, all the injuries, all the waiting around and ultimately sacrificing outdoors last year, totalled up...
Honda have to be pissed!

All those millions they paid him, all the injuries, all the waiting around and ultimately sacrificing outdoors last year, totalled up to 2nd.

Honda now shift focus on to Chase and the next rider to replace Ken after he rides out his last season in 2022..

Could Hunter be a 2023 seat warmer for Jett maybe?
Yeah only Webb should have a ride right now, but maybe AC wins the outdoor title so he can keep his ride. So next year should we only have two factory riders? What if someone wins both the SX and MX title does that mean we only have one factory spot? You could be onto to something here!
5/3/2021 12:33pm
I guess we’ve forgotten that this was also the first year on a new platform and it won races.
Would you expect it NOT to win in its first year?? It’s not like manufacturers bring out new bikes with the expectation of not winning on...
Would you expect it NOT to win in its first year??

It’s not like manufacturers bring out new bikes with the expectation of not winning on it. If it wasn’t better than last years they may well have just ridden last years bike. Maybe they did and we’ll never know about it. (think McGrath mid 90s)

it ain’t about the bike.
The company believes in its engineering and believes it has a superior platform.

Then it enters battle and it is a different scenario from the isolated test track. For example, the rider has to learn how to make it do the things he needs or wants it to do in a way that is different from the old platform in battle. The new one may have capabilities the rider has to learn to trust. The team has to learn how to make it do what they want it to do.

While the team is getting better, the other teams are too. The difference is the other teams already know/ trust their platform.

Praxis and lexus do not always equal each other.
5/3/2021 12:34pm
Honda have to be pissed! All those millions they paid him, all the injuries, all the waiting around and ultimately sacrificing outdoors last year, totalled up...
Honda have to be pissed!

All those millions they paid him, all the injuries, all the waiting around and ultimately sacrificing outdoors last year, totalled up to 2nd.

Honda now shift focus on to Chase and the next rider to replace Ken after he rides out his last season in 2022..

Could Hunter be a 2023 seat warmer for Jett maybe?
Park Boys wrote:
Yeah only Webb should have a ride right now, but maybe AC wins the outdoor title so he can keep his ride. So next year should...
Yeah only Webb should have a ride right now, but maybe AC wins the outdoor title so he can keep his ride. So next year should we only have two factory riders? What if someone wins both the SX and MX title does that mean we only have one factory spot? You could be onto to something here!
Maybe Honda should hire Jeff Stanton! After all, he was really good..

Times change. Stanton expired and Honda looked for his replacement (McGrath)

Kenny will have an expiry date- do Honda wait until he has retired before they start searching? Honda paid BIG for Kenny in late 2016. You can't tel me they've been delighted with the results since.
5/3/2021 12:40pm
tuttle425 wrote:
Altitude can affect everyone differently and even highly tuned athletes can be affected. Yes, everyone had to race at altitude but that doesn't mean that every...

Go to Denver from Kansas and run, not jog 1 mile. Your body will likely crash either during or right after the run.

The last time I lived in Colorado I went from sea level to Colorado. I gave myself 4 weeks to acclimate and then I started jogging. After too more weeks I tried one run on moderate hills and almost crashed my hard drive.

Don’t be over confident.
5/3/2021 12:51pm
Bineano wrote:
True, but everyone raced at the same altitude last night, so it’s a bit of a wash. Coop and Kenny both live at Sea Level basically...
True, but everyone raced at the same altitude last night, so it’s a bit of a wash.
Coop and Kenny both live at Sea Level basically. Eli in the hills.
Eli should have had the advantage, but the SLC results this year didn’t reflect that like last year.
Altitude advantage is pretty massive. When I was younger I trained at medium altitude and ran 2 miles at around 12 min. Going to sea level...
Altitude advantage is pretty massive. When I was younger I trained at medium altitude and ran 2 miles at around 12 min. Going to sea level I was sub 10 min.

Going to high altitude was disastrous.
Yuban156 wrote:
Altitude is not a factor when EVERY human has to adapt. It’s not like when we raced mammoth at 7000 ft plus with a carb and...
Altitude is not a factor when EVERY human has to adapt. It’s not like when we raced mammoth at 7000 ft plus with a carb and had to adjust jetting. Let’s be real, 4000 ft is not altitude. These are athletes at the highest level. You either have it or you don’t. It’s more mental. What we witnessed was a RED ANCHOR.
I grew up at 3,500’. 1.5 hrs away were mountains from 7,000 -13,000’. Skiing was easy, but running at 7,000’ was pretty tough.

I also watched athletic people move to where I grew up and struggle.

The differences in altitude is about the same that you describe. Maybe elite athletes really are made differently.

Post a reply to: Red anchor

The Latest