Red anchor

Yuban156
Edited Date/Time 5/3/2021 12:51pm
Since the last post got deleted. Great job guys. Go team.
|
5/2/2021 12:38am
Honda have to be pissed!

All those millions they paid him, all the injuries, all the waiting around and ultimately sacrificing outdoors last year, totalled up to 2nd.

Honda now shift focus on to Chase and the next rider to replace Ken after he rides out his last season in 2022..

Could Hunter be a 2023 seat warmer for Jett maybe?
Yuban156
5/2/2021 12:43am
Not sure why a post that stated the facts and had 30 comments was deleted. Great season of racing and we all saw the red anchor drop.
Yuban156
5/2/2021 1:12am
Yuban156 wrote:
Not sure why a post that stated the facts and had 30 comments was deleted. Great season of racing and we all saw the red anchor...
Not sure why a post that stated the facts and had 30 comments was deleted. Great season of racing and we all saw the red anchor drop.

I hope this isn’t why? We all love red plates.
5/2/2021 1:47am
Everyone hating on ken but he beat everyone beside webb. Theres know one else in the world they could hire that beat him except webb. How many times did sexton crash out the year? How did tomac the defending champ do? How did ciancurulo do? Everyone writing roczen off like he got 10th in championship. This was his best year ever in sx an looks like all the mysterious health issues are gone.

The Shop

akmx17
5/2/2021 1:58am
The guy realized it was over and gave up, I don’t know if I was him, I’d done the same thing it has to be mentally exhausting and really a relief, he did what he could and Webb was the better man, there is nothing wrong with him calling it.

For chase he’s a fucking rookie whose had a series of shitty crashes cut him a break. Red team is looking just fine to contend for a SX title next year.

AND WE FUCKING DID IT LETS GO COOOOOOP!!!!
5/2/2021 2:35am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 9:12am
akmx17 wrote:
The guy realized it was over and gave up, I don’t know if I was him, I’d done the same thing it has to be mentally...
The guy realized it was over and gave up, I don’t know if I was him, I’d done the same thing it has to be mentally exhausting and really a relief, he did what he could and Webb was the better man, there is nothing wrong with him calling it.

For chase he’s a fucking rookie whose had a series of shitty crashes cut him a break. Red team is looking just fine to contend for a SX title next year.

I am Roczen fan but leading a race and be dropped to tenth place has nothing to do to give up!It‘s the way he rode the last 3 races.As a Roczen fan,it is hard to swallow.
Congratulations to Webb,you are the true champion.
CPR
5/2/2021 2:42am
Didn’t Honda win the manufacturer’s championship?
Sully
5/2/2021 2:44am
Yuban156 wrote:
So your last post got deleted, and you didn’t take the hint, but it’s the admin’s/mod’s fault? Interesting thought process you got there...
5/2/2021 3:32am
akmx17 wrote:
The guy realized it was over and gave up, I don’t know if I was him, I’d done the same thing it has to be mentally...

Bonanza69 wrote:
I am Roczen fan but leading a race and be dropped to tenth place has nothing to do to give up!It‘s the way he rode the...
I am Roczen fan but leading a race and be dropped to tenth place has nothing to do to give up!It‘s the way he rode the last 3 races.As a Roczen fan,it is hard to swallow.
Congratulations to Webb,you are the true champion.
Tens place 😂😂😂 wow
kiwifan
5/2/2021 3:39am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 3:40am
Yuban156 wrote:
Yeah we get it you are happy Coops won (you did a thread for that) but you like to put the stick into Honda, gotcha Smile and you wonder why your threads get removed ?
5/2/2021 3:49am
He still got 2nd in points and that is all people will remember, but yes he did drop anchor after he got passed and he had nothing for Webb even after a little help from Sexton. It would have made a better impression if he pushed to the end even if it wouldn't have changes his point ranking.
5/2/2021 3:56am
Ken is used to being paid as a tier 1 rider. As in, the guy they are betting on to bring the Championship home. I doubt he would be "super-pumped" to trade salaries with Chase.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
5/2/2021 6:25am
Sexton and Roczen both fade towards the end of the race. Does the bike wear them out more than the Austrian machines or is their training not quite up to par?
endurox
5/2/2021 6:30am
wrc777 wrote:
Sexton and Roczen both fade towards the end of the race. Does the bike wear them out more than the Austrian machines or is their training...
Sexton and Roczen both fade towards the end of the race. Does the bike wear them out more than the Austrian machines or is their training not quite up to par?
Sexton will be top 3 in the standings next year.
mxb2
5/2/2021 6:32am
Everyone hating on ken but he beat everyone beside webb. Theres know one else in the world they could hire that beat him except webb. How...
Everyone hating on ken but he beat everyone beside webb. Theres know one else in the world they could hire that beat him except webb. How many times did sexton crash out the year? How did tomac the defending champ do? How did ciancurulo do? Everyone writing roczen off like he got 10th in championship. This was his best year ever in sx an looks like all the mysterious health issues are gone.
Tomac has 4 titles w. Kawy, kroc zero w hrc. You think ac9 makes the $$ that kenny gets paid lol. Ok.
ZOBITO
5/2/2021 6:37am
The facts are one thing, but with such a disrespectful (I was about to write "insulting") and stupid topic title, someone's obviously begging for holidays.
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
5/2/2021 6:37am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 7:30am
wrc777 wrote:
Sexton and Roczen both fade towards the end of the race. Does the bike wear them out more than the Austrian machines or is their training...
endurox wrote:
Sexton will be top 3 in the standings next year.
He looks like the fastest guy at times but he starts losing a lot of time late in races. He would have at least 1 win already if not for the late race fade. AC has the same problem on the Green bike. Musquin is getting up there in age, and he had no problems going fast at the end.
gt80rider
5/2/2021 6:37am
Obviously he didn't give up... Obviously he has insane speed, perhaps more than anyone else... Obviously he wanted that title, as much, or more, than anyone else on the gate...

But.... we all get stressed... we all "tighten up".... particularly when there is a lot on the line....

My guess is he got stressed, got some a bit of arm pump, and at that level, that's enough to drop u back to tenth...

If you or I had his arms, we wouldn't even be out there...
jjavaman
Fantasy
3755th
5/2/2021 6:59am
Tens place 😂😂😂 wow
A euro typing in his 2nd language and you’re trying to make fun of him😂😂😂😂 wow is right...
Yuban156
5/2/2021 7:11am
Yuban156 wrote:
Sully wrote:
So your last post got deleted, and you didn’t take the hint, but it’s the admin’s/mod’s fault? Interesting thought process you got there...
My problem lies with when you state the facts and give kudos to a great race in general but it obviously doesn’t align with a mods agenda. If you saw my original post you would see that nothing was out of line. It’s becoming normal now to censor anything that doesn’t align with personal opinion. If you watched the race then then you possibly could agree on 2 fronts? What’s wrong with bench racing and being fans of the sport? Nothing was disrespectful or stated incorrectly.
Yuban156
5/2/2021 7:16am
ZOBITO wrote:
The facts are one thing, but with such a disrespectful (I was about to write "insulting") and stupid topic title, someone's obviously begging for holidays.
I didn’t realize we were watching a kids AYSO match. Carry on with explaining the last couple weeks of racing at a professional level. I love a good race and we saw that this season numerous times.
Ted722
5/2/2021 7:21am
22 laps just ain't good enough! But, in all seriousness, Sexton was outright impressive last night. Think last year, hmmm wonder how he's going to do on a 450 indoors? With that said, Webb's late race grinding / no drop off / pick up the pace even, have been legendary. Back that up with Marv's strong 2nd and KTM's program (bike/rider/fitness/racecraft) continues to raise the bar. This is racing.

mxb2
5/2/2021 7:28am
gt80rider wrote:
Obviously he didn't give up... Obviously he has insane speed, perhaps more than anyone else... Obviously he wanted that title, as much, or more, than anyone...
Obviously he didn't give up... Obviously he has insane speed, perhaps more than anyone else... Obviously he wanted that title, as much, or more, than anyone else on the gate...

But.... we all get stressed... we all "tighten up".... particularly when there is a lot on the line....

My guess is he got stressed, got some a bit of arm pump, and at that level, that's enough to drop u back to tenth...

If you or I had his arms, we wouldn't even be out there...
Noboy on vital is getting paid millions to win sx, mx titles.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
5/2/2021 8:03am
I just hope Kenny rides the outdoors. We as fans are better off with Kenny racing. Looking forward to seeing Sexton in the outdoors this year too.

If Honda is smart they will keep the Lawrence brothers together into the 450 class. They are fast, fun to watch and don’t act like robots off the bike.

And - I am not a Honda fan.
tek14
5/2/2021 8:09am
Spat24 wrote:
I just hope Kenny rides the outdoors. We as fans are better off with Kenny racing. Looking forward to seeing Sexton in the outdoors this year...
I just hope Kenny rides the outdoors. We as fans are better off with Kenny racing. Looking forward to seeing Sexton in the outdoors this year too.

If Honda is smart they will keep the Lawrence brothers together into the 450 class. They are fast, fun to watch and don’t act like robots off the bike.

How much Kenny has left for outdoors? Seems like tank is empty now as he fading.
deluxeman
5/2/2021 8:20am
Spat24 wrote:
I just hope Kenny rides the outdoors. We as fans are better off with Kenny racing. Looking forward to seeing Sexton in the outdoors this year...

I don’t think Ken can last the entire outdoor season physically. He looked wiped out the last few rounds.

I agree racing is better with Ken around, but there is no reason to kill your self if you just can’t do it.

The Lawrence brothers will write their own story. Jett is the darling of the sport right now. He is a silly acting you kid, full of piss and vinegar. He is a real personality for sure. I hope the grind of this sport doesn’t change that. Honda will keep the fastest one and let the slower one go elsewhere when the time comes. It’s a business after all.
ZOBITO
5/2/2021 8:32am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 9:19am
ZOBITO wrote:
Yuban156 wrote:
I didn’t realize we were watching a kids AYSO match. Carry on with explaining the last couple weeks of racing at a professional level. I love...
I didn’t realize we were watching a kids AYSO match. Carry on with explaining the last couple weeks of racing at a professional level. I love a good race and we saw that this season numerous times.
You'll realize when you get clicked.
chuckie108
5/2/2021 8:35am
Kenny just needs to fire his “mental coach” and get poppa back in town. All this “I learned a lot” talk is a bit nauseating. He’s gonna have to learn to grit his teeth a bit if he thinks he’s gonna beat Paul.
Heavyrider
5/2/2021 8:46am
Yuban156 wrote:
Sully wrote:
Yuban156 wrote:
My problem lies with when you state the facts and give kudos to a great race in general but it obviously doesn’t align with a mods...
My problem lies with when you state the facts and give kudos to a great race in general but it obviously doesn’t align with a mods agenda. If you saw my original post you would see that nothing was out of line. It’s becoming normal now to censor anything that doesn’t align with personal opinion. If you watched the race then then you possibly could agree on 2 fronts? What’s wrong with bench racing and being fans of the sport? Nothing was disrespectful or stated incorrectly.
Someone was rubbing a mod's nose in it. Because that mod happened to be a Honda fan. Thats what happened to the thread.
5/2/2021 9:10am
Everyone hating on ken but he beat everyone beside webb. Theres know one else in the world they could hire that beat him except webb. How...
Are you reading the same thread as me? Cos I don't see anyone "hating on Ken".

The bottom line is, Ken was hired and paid handsomely to be Honda's golden boy and deliver titles. For whatever reason that hasn't happened in 5 years. The question is, how long do Honda brass sit & wait?
Honda are known for kicking even their winning riders to the kerb when they get bored- don't think they aren't tiring of not winning and paying big pay checks for the privilege.

You're right, no other rider would've been a better 'buy' for this season, but at some point, things begin to change. Ken isn't getting any younger. The injuries will take a toll. The late season fades are showing a pattern. Ken has already released a video stating he's comfortable and happy in life- which is swell, but it doesn't display the hunger and desire that a factory team is looking for.
Its the team manager's job to decide if he will risk this same pattern happening for another five years, OR find the next guy who can step up.

We can be sure, that the price Kenny signed for five years ago, will be a different number that he would sign for in 2022.

Post a reply to: Red anchor

The Latest