Red Bull made it easy to watch and enjoy.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2018 7:01 AM

Didn't need bullshit logins and passwords, trying to find the right cable package with the right channels, watching half the motos on one channel, the other half of the motos on another channel, or trying to find a stream to bridge the gap with channels that aren't even available!

10 minutes prior, Went to Redbull.com> Watch Live Event, good to go. Not a glitch, except 1 time it buffered for about 10 seconds.......but that could be blamed on my internet. No complaints. This event smokes(literally) SX and MX broadcasts in all aspects.
Or I could have watched from the app on the go.

I wish SX and MX was this easy to enjoy. And the racing was 10 times better than SX and MX also.



|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/21/2018 7:14 AM

Need more events like this

|

10/21/2018 7:22 AM

Great production, great show.
Smooth and mistake free. Great event.

Ps- is Supercross on Fox sports 1 really that hard for you to watch on tv?

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

10/21/2018 7:24 AM

Downloaded the app, looked quickly and it seems like there’s a bunch of other decent content on there too. They definitely did a good job with this one.

|

RPM Performance
CT
783

10/21/2018 7:25 AM

It was neat how there it was so, hate to steal a phrase, but rapid fire.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

10/21/2018 7:30 AM

Rapid fyyyyyreeeeeeeee

|

10/21/2018 7:37 AM

Imagine if there was some co-operation between the various promotors that would allow a single app to watch mxgp mx and sx....if only.

|

10/21/2018 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2018 7:42 AM

MX Culture wrote:

Great production, great show.
Smooth and mistake free. Great event.

Ps- is Supercross on Fox sports 1 really that hard for you to watch on tv?

Like me he's Canadian and FOX Sports 1/2 isn't offered up here. We have FOX Sports Racing and not every TV provider has it available for us to watch. It sucks. Previously if we wanted to watch SX we had to fork over $130+ for the unreliable POS stream service that was offered from Feld/Cleeng. Thankfully Feld move away from them and has a new company (LiveNation?) providing the streaming service and from what I've read on here they did a really good job for MEC.

I might purchase the season pass to watch SX for the very first time but I'm waiting to see what happens with the whole NBC/NBC Sports deal. If they offer the NBC Sports Gold app I'll gladly pay for that service just like I did for the MX series. Excellent product.

As for Red Bull and the events they put on:

Red Bull > Everything else.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/21/2018 7:43 AM

Agree this beat the pants off of a regular SX in terms of ease of viewing and just general entertainment.

|

10/21/2018 7:46 AM

There wasn’t a commercial every 2.5 mins either

|

10/21/2018 9:03 AM

Totally agree. Plus, seeing those guys whip and wring those two strokes was just beautiful.

|

10/21/2018 9:15 AM

It was a great show, bravo Redbull media house. And more people watched this event, than probably all the supercross races combined. A lot more fun needed in SX, you guys have gone corporate-without getting corporate cheddar.

|

10/21/2018 9:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2018 9:48 AM

The guys at Red Bull have this stuff down cold, not a glitch or a hiccup in the web feed, and it’s been perfect for the past five years.

Even Villopoto, a Monster sponsored guy, was throwing out compliments on how well the event was run by Red Bull.

|

10/21/2018 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2018 10:48 AM

murph783 wrote:

Downloaded the app, looked quickly and it seems like there’s a bunch of other decent content on there too. They definitely did a good job with this one.

I watch Red Bull TV as much as I watch regular television. I don't believe I've ever given a penny to them for their liquid poison but I'll gladly watch their show for as long as they'll make it available to me for free and I'd pay if it ever went that way.

|

10/21/2018 11:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2018 11:31 AM

This sport should be 100% online. There are zero casual viewers buying bikes. Hell top Pro's don't even buy a bike lol. The GP's figured it out a decade ago. Get rid of the live TV and the race day time constraints it presents. Have real qualifier races instead of practice laps. Of course that is asking a lot out of US motocross Pro's having to do 12 whole days out of 365 each year.

|

10/21/2018 11:57 AM

Live on youtube made it super easy. Wish more events were like that. You can even put a paywall up too if you didnt want to stream for free

|

10/21/2018 12:21 PM

The racing was more "edge of the seat" than a typical supercross, absolutely loved watching it last night. Hell, wish they made a series out of it, I would watch it before sx...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/21/2018 1:15 PM

I don't like the event but I agree with the viewing experience via the red bull site. always watch xc mtb world cups on it and it is always perfect. I wish they'd sponsor cyclocross as well because it's a real pain to find a broadcast online.

|

10/21/2018 1:27 PM

Red Bull really did it right. Such great racing and as the OP said it was so easy to watch. I don’t have cable, so supercross isn’t an option for me. Outdoors are a bit easier with the app but again it’s a process of logging in getting kicked off etc

|

10/21/2018 1:31 PM

It was awesome. Totally agree with everyone.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

10/21/2018 2:12 PM

Spot on, I kept thinking how sweet it would be if it was RedBull supercross streamed on RedBull TV.

|

#1
KX125

10/21/2018 2:22 PM

Beeby wrote:

There wasn’t a commercial every 2.5 mins either

Having no commercials kept me on my toes. I had to be lightning fast with beer refills and piss breaks.

|

10/21/2018 2:39 PM

MX Culture wrote:

Great production, great show.
Smooth and mistake free. Great event.

Ps- is Supercross on Fox sports 1 really that hard for you to watch on tv?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Like me he's Canadian and FOX Sports 1/2 isn't offered up here. We have FOX Sports Racing and not every TV provider has it available for us to watch. It sucks. Previously if we wanted to watch SX we had to fork over $130+ for the unreliable POS stream service that was offered from Feld/Cleeng. Thankfully Feld move away from them and has a new company (LiveNation?) providing the streaming service and from what I've read on here they did a really good job for MEC.

I might purchase the season pass to watch SX for the very first time but I'm waiting to see what happens with the whole NBC/NBC Sports deal. If they offer the NBC Sports Gold app I'll gladly pay for that service just like I did for the MX series. Excellent product.

As for Red Bull and the events they put on:

Red Bull > Everything else.

Mortgage Paul is not Canadian.

|

10/21/2018 3:00 PM

I stumbled on the broad cast about 1/2 way through. I watched it on my phone with zero issues. Just the right combination of action and down time. The interviews between each series were a little forced in some cases but played up the Ryan versus Ryan thing pretty nicely. Overall, I loved it..... especially with 2 strokes only. I would watch lots more of this type racing!!

|

10/21/2018 3:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2018 6:51 PM

stiksandstones wrote:

It was a great show, bravo Redbull media house. And more people watched this event, than probably all the supercross races combined. A lot more fun needed in SX, you guys have gone corporate-without getting corporate cheddar.

No way in hell that is right. The physical attendance alone at A1 is higher than their total stream views for this event. The official YouTube stream had ~13k watching the final.

|

10/21/2018 3:14 PM

I thought it was great also. Do you guys know if it's always going to be two strokes from here on out? It sure was nice hearing them sing.

|

10/21/2018 3:30 PM

Where I live Verizon is the only internet available and it's so slow I haven't been able to watch it yet. Totally pissed.

|

Anyone but Ralph!

10/21/2018 4:09 PM

"the racing was 10 times better than SX and MX also."

Are you high or what?
laughing

|

10/21/2018 4:20 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/21/2018 5:10 PM

I totally agree on last night's event being pretty badass. And watching it was a breeze too. I swear , last night was the best RBSR event I've ever seen. Maybe it was the 2 strokes? Which by my guess.....it was. It forced guy's to ride perfect. And being a 2 stroke nut myself.....it made the entire event just Freakin' rad for me!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja