Red Bull KTM to engage another MX2 rider...

Spergen
10/18/2018 2:37pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Are they starting to have some struggles?
All the cash is being moved over from dirt to tarmack, been slowly happening over the last couple of years.
10/18/2018 3:09pm
ron36 wrote:
One of the bad riders in the mx2, does not have 20% of Dad's talent yet
rangot wrote:
Zach has a lot of talent. He lacks his dad's determination, not skills.
Cortami79 wrote:
He's like 16/17 years old.. think he will get there in a few years. Vialle has some impressive races, so sounds like a good deal. Anyone...
He's like 16/17 years old.. think he will get there in a few years. Vialle has some impressive races, so sounds like a good deal. Anyone know how old he is? Seems like Moreau has a really good contract with Bud Racing. Do they have enough resources/money to keep him?
I think that had he picked KTM he would be stuck in the GP’s for at least a couple of years, which I assume is not the career path he is looking for. He has a long relationship with BUD already. BUD has had their riders over for west coast SX before and I’ve said for a long time that I believe Moreau is the next US bound guy from Europe. He has been riding a bunch of SX in France already for years, been over to the US in the winter before and now he did MEC. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do some west coast SX in 2020.
b2
10/18/2018 4:32pm
ML512 wrote:
KTM has faced some budget cuts in MXGP and in the US for off-road racing. For MXGP they will only have Herlings and Cairoli. It was...
KTM has faced some budget cuts in MXGP and in the US for off-road racing. For MXGP they will only have Herlings and Cairoli. It was more cost effective to move Jonass over to Husky alongside Jasakonis.
I’m sorry but I don’t believe that’s the real reason.
Brent wrote:
Offroad motorcycle sales are down here in the US. We just lost the only KTM shop here in Murrieta, strange that KTM USA is just up...
Offroad motorcycle sales are down here in the US.

We just lost the only KTM shop here in Murrieta, strange that KTM USA is just up the street, but no dealer for 60 miles in any direction.
Langston, Malcolm Smith, Chap, NYC....

The Shop

chris92six
10/19/2018 12:55am
What about facchetti? He has a strong relationship with tc222 ?
Maybe he could be switched from ktm silver action into their full factory effort...
10/19/2018 1:20am
chris92six wrote:
Maybe he could be switched from ktm silver action into their full factory effort...
I think that ship has sailed.
10/19/2018 1:27am
Yeah Fachetti has had enough chances. Next year he will be together with Ruben Fernandez and Rick Elzinga teammates at SDM Yamaha in EMX250
Bosco
10/19/2018 2:22am
The source being Gatedrop.com Wink you can find the article here.
Andy just because you put it on your website and called it an article, doesn't give it any more credibility that any of the other posts on this forum. Laughing

I'm not saying you're wrong, but rumours you've heard are no more use to anyone than rumours I've heard, or rumours Kaidoddragon has heard.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
10/19/2018 2:40am
hmmm Jed Beaton... Wink
He's on the Husky team I'm pretty sure

What about Conrad Mewse? Is he still on Hitachi next year? He's got potential, just needs to get a bit more consistent
10/19/2018 2:53am
Yeah Conrad Mewse has resigned and Jed Beaton is replacing Covington at JM Rockstar Husqvarna
10/19/2018 3:04am
KTM (and Husqvarna) tries to sign young talents for 5 years every now and then. They did it with Herlings and later with Pootjes, Mewse, Jonass and Prado and just now they signed Dutch kid Kay de Wolf for 5 years (at Husky) Sometimes it works (Herlings & Prado) and sometimes it doesn't (Pootjes & Mewse).

Problem with all these age limits, is that those guys move up quicker, so now all of a sudden they have a little gap. But with Tom Vialle in MX2 they'll get over it. It's just for 2019 that they have only 1 horse to bet on (Prado). If he get's injured they'll lose the title, I'm pretty sure of that. Just like what happened when Herlings got injured in 2015 and Jonass wasn't fast enough to beat Gajser. Before they had Tixier as a back up, just like they had the #1 and #2 last two years.
BikeGuy321
10/19/2018 3:10am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 4:55am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Spergen wrote:
All the cash is being moved over from dirt to tarmack, been slowly happening over the last couple of years.
They're picking up Dani Pedrosa as a test rider and Johann Zarco to replace Bradley Smith in Moto GP. There were 1.8 million motorcycles sold last year in Thailand (600k Hondas), and apparently KTM feels like MotoGP is the best form of marketing for the asian market.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
10/19/2018 3:14am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Spergen wrote:
BikeGuy321 wrote:
They're picking up Dani Pedrosa as a test rider and Johann Zarco to replace Bradley Smith in Moto GP. There were 1.8 million motorcycles sold last...
They're picking up Dani Pedrosa as a test rider and Johann Zarco to replace Bradley Smith in Moto GP. There were 1.8 million motorcycles sold last year in Thailand (600k Hondas), and apparently KTM feels like MotoGP is the best form of marketing for the asian market.
I have even noticed this across the social platforms and even advertising, seems to be a much bigger push towards the road products and even their adventure bikes.

What they have achived in dirt bike racing in the past ten years has been massive, looks like they are hitting the road market and road racing side of things in the same way they went about turning the tide on dirt.

Going MotoGP racing would be costing a fortune compared to their dirt racing efforts around the world.
Motofinne
10/19/2018 3:29am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 3:30am
It looks like KTM is cutting down on the offroad side. Only 2 MXGP riders, only 2 MX2 riders, no budget for a third Husqvarna bike for Wilson, Jasikonis and Jonass under the Ice One Husqvarna tent.

It makes sense. Their 2018 season in MotoGP has been a disappointment. I read somewhere that the MotoGP effort has a budget of 50m/year.

I don't know if that is the case but it looks like they are stepping down to the same level as the Japanese brands in offroad.
keinz
10/19/2018 3:54am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 4:06am
... alongside Prado for next year. Seems like they wanted Brian Moreau at first but he already has a good contract with bud racing. They've been...
... alongside Prado for next year. Seems like they wanted Brian Moreau at first but he already has a good contract with bud racing. They've been talking to Wilson Todd and Tom Vialle since then it seems.
Don't forget that MM25 had also contract with his current Honda team, when he suddenly, in the midle of the season became a RB KTM rider And once asked from Everts, what is the chances to get KR under the RB KTM team, and, the answer was never, because KR had a contraact witth SUZ like a lifetime sealed deal. Stranger things has happened
Robgvx
10/19/2018 7:25am
ML512 wrote:
KTM has faced some budget cuts in MXGP and in the US for off-road racing. For MXGP they will only have Herlings and Cairoli. It was...
KTM has faced some budget cuts in MXGP and in the US for off-road racing. For MXGP they will only have Herlings and Cairoli. It was more cost effective to move Jonass over to Husky alongside Jasakonis.
MotoGP...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/19/2018 1:42pm
ML512 wrote:
Robgvx wrote:
MotoGP...
Yup.
Rs444
10/19/2018 2:57pm
chris92six wrote:
+1 and everyone Will call us crazy. But given the chance on a competetive bike with a good team behind him he could be at the top quick. Doubt he Will get the chance tho.
Rs444
10/19/2018 3:06pm
Yeah Fachetti has had enough chances. Next year he will be together with Ruben Fernandez and Rick Elzinga teammates at SDM Yamaha in EMX250
Enough chances?. Bro this year was his first season on a 250 4 stroke after racing a 2 strokes all his life. Dont forget that he won the 125 world championship last year and would probably have won the 125 emx if he didnt make as many small misstakes as he did that cost him but at least he was in the top 3 st the end. Dont forget that this was his first year riding a 4 stroke wich is a huuge transition on this level of racing but even then he had some good results. He Will shine sooner or later given the chance.
GODZILLA
10/19/2018 3:11pm
I got another recent source saying that Vialle is signed, and it is reliable.
So do I.
GODZILLA
10/19/2018 3:14pm
Cortami79 wrote:
He's like 16/17 years old.. think he will get there in a few years. Vialle has some impressive races, so sounds like a good deal. Anyone...
He's like 16/17 years old.. think he will get there in a few years. Vialle has some impressive races, so sounds like a good deal. Anyone know how old he is? Seems like Moreau has a really good contract with Bud Racing. Do they have enough resources/money to keep him?
Pichon will turn 18 in a few days.
11/16/2018 7:33am
Now it's official, Tom Vialle is riding the Red Bull KTM Factory bike as Herlings's teammate for 2019.
brycepdh
11/16/2018 1:18pm
... alongside Prado for next year. Seems like they wanted Brian Moreau at first but he already has a good contract with bud racing. They've been...
... alongside Prado for next year. Seems like they wanted Brian Moreau at first but he already has a good contract with bud racing. They've been talking to Wilson Todd and Tom Vialle since then it seems.
Damn would’ve loved to have seen Wilson Todd get the ride, he’s been riding so good

Post a reply to: Red Bull KTM to engage another MX2 rider...

The Latest