Red Bull KTM 2nd/3rd rider for next year

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
7/29/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 6:45pm
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but has Roger or someone at KTM had a talking with McElrath before the nationals began? Seems like someone told him, "hey if you do well outdoors, Factory KTM will sign you for a 450." and he has stepped it up outdoors vs the past.

HIs supercross skills are up there with I would say HIll, AC, Plessinger, and Osborne. 2017 SX he was on it, and this past last year he won A1 then kind of dropped off, but came around at the end of the season.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/29/2018 10:58am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 11:00am
I think they give someone a 1 year, and wait for the hot shot 250 guys to move up like AC. I could see Seely or Wilson on a 1 year at KTM.
es337
7/29/2018 11:10am
Decoster is going to have to call up the brinks trucks and request a special delivery to euroland to find the only man alive who can challenge Tomac. It would be a win win if he did. Either Cairoli gets his 10th championship next year or Jonass shows hes the next thing. Prado still in mx2 to win next year. Just need to find someone in the 250s here for total world domination.
wreckitrandy
7/29/2018 11:10am
I hope Shane gets with Gibbs, at some point. Perfect fit, on paper.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 11:15am
mx 219 wrote:
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but has Roger or someone at KTM had a talking with McElrath before the nationals...
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but has Roger or someone at KTM had a talking with McElrath before the nationals began? Seems like someone told him, "hey if you do well outdoors, Factory KTM will sign you for a 450." and he has stepped it up outdoors vs the past.

HIs supercross skills are up there with I would say HIll, AC, Plessinger, and Osborne. 2017 SX he was on it, and this past last year he won A1 then kind of dropped off, but came around at the end of the season.
I would say it's unlikely as TLD has him signed through next year and if KTM was really interested in moving him up, TLD would've retained A-Mart to fill his spot on the team. Instead, A-Mart is going JGR, telling me that moving McElrath up for '19 hasn't been that seriously considered.

Cooper Webb will be spot number two...

The Shop

7/29/2018 11:16am
es337 wrote:
Decoster is going to have to call up the brinks trucks and request a special delivery to euroland to find the only man alive who can...
Decoster is going to have to call up the brinks trucks and request a special delivery to euroland to find the only man alive who can challenge Tomac. It would be a win win if he did. Either Cairoli gets his 10th championship next year or Jonass shows hes the next thing. Prado still in mx2 to win next year. Just need to find someone in the 250s here for total world domination.
That would be wild but would he just not race sx and train in prep for the nationals?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/29/2018 11:18am
mx 219 wrote:
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but has Roger or someone at KTM had a talking with McElrath before the nationals...

ML512 wrote:
I would say it's unlikely as TLD has him signed through next year and if KTM was really interested in moving him up, TLD would've retained...
I would say it's unlikely as TLD has him signed through next year and if KTM was really interested in moving him up, TLD would've retained A-Mart to fill his spot on the team. Instead, A-Mart is going JGR, telling me that moving McElrath up for '19 hasn't been that seriously considered.

So does that pit Deano or Seely at Yamaha as a #2 waiting for Plessinger?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 11:19am
MxKing809 wrote:
Deano seems to be the likely Yamaha signee at this point and I think HRC is going to retain Seely.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
7/29/2018 11:21am
MxKing809 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Deano seems to be the likely Yamaha signee at this point and I think HRC is going to retain Seely.
That’s cool to hear. Does that put J-Mart on the 250 bike again.... making the big bucks?
7/29/2018 11:37am
Herlings isn't going anywhere. Only has one goal and that is beating the all-time GP and Worldchampionship record of Everts.
jgmxdad251
7/29/2018 11:42am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 11:43am
ML512 wrote:
I would say it's unlikely as TLD has him signed through next year and if KTM was really interested in moving him up, TLD would've retained...

Michael, who is the favorite to get the spots at RM and Yamaha?
es337
7/29/2018 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 12:01pm
Herlings isn't going anywhere. Only has one goal and that is beating the all-time GP and Worldchampionship record of Everts.
It would be a tragedy if for the duration of tomac and herlings careers they only race each other once a year. They could be the equivalent of magic and bird that takes the sport more mainstream.
philG
7/29/2018 12:11pm
es337 wrote:
It would be a tragedy if for the duration of tomac and herlings careers they only race each other once a year. They could be the...
It would be a tragedy if for the duration of tomac and herlings careers they only race each other once a year. They could be the equivalent of magic and bird that takes the sport more mainstream.
I agree, Tomac should step up to World Championships. RV tried and it didnt pan out. Created a great deal of interest though
mxb2
7/29/2018 12:15pm
es337 wrote:
It would be a tragedy if for the duration of tomac and herlings careers they only race each other once a year. They could be the...
philG wrote:
I agree, Tomac should step up to World Championships. RV tried and it didnt pan out. Created a great deal of interest though
Or herlings could come to the usa to race,see it works both ways.
7/29/2018 12:19pm
es337 wrote:
philG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Or better still they could both come here and race in Australia, neutral ground!
AB#81
7/29/2018 12:29pm
es337 wrote:
philG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
not gonna happen, as dutch rider says, Herlings Goal is to beat everts record, so he's going nowhere. Tomac has never said he will only ever stay in america. so its only a one way street as far as i see it
ruy
7/29/2018 12:50pm
He is not going to get ten titles.
agn5009
7/29/2018 1:21pm
philG wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
AB#81 wrote:
not gonna happen, as dutch rider says, Herlings Goal is to beat everts record, so he's going nowhere. Tomac has never said he will only ever...
not gonna happen, as dutch rider says, Herlings Goal is to beat everts record, so he's going nowhere. Tomac has never said he will only ever stay in america. so its only a one way street as far as i see it
It's a zero way street. Neither are going anywhere any time soon.
mxb2
7/29/2018 2:02pm
mxb2 wrote:
AB#81 wrote:
not gonna happen, as dutch rider says, Herlings Goal is to beat everts record, so he's going nowhere. Tomac has never said he will only ever...
agn5009 wrote:
It's a zero way street. Neither are going anywhere any time soon.
Bingo.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 3:03pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Michael, who is the favorite to get the spots at RM and Yamaha?
As I answered above, Deano to Yamaha alongside Barcia sounds like it has some traction. As for RM, Baggett is locked down in the long-term and I'd say it's likely that Benny Bloss will retain his spot with a re-up.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 3:05pm
MxKing809 wrote:
That’s cool to hear. Does that put J-Mart on the 250 bike again.... making the big bucks?
Geico will have Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence, Jeremy Martin, and RJ Hampshire for '19. I'm not sure what Craig's situation is as of yet. I think he's somewhere between staying with Geico, going to HRC if Seely didn't come back, or MCR (MCR might be between him, Reed, and other riders at this point).
mb60
7/29/2018 3:08pm
Michael where does that leave Bogle if JGR is Hill, Peick, Mookie next year ?
haydos25
Fantasy
3302nd
7/29/2018 5:31pm
mb60 wrote:
Michael where does that leave Bogle if JGR is Hill, Peick, Mookie next year ?
There was that rumour on Pulp that Bogle was signed sealed and delivered to the new Phoenix racing Honda team or whatever its called.

Who knows though, I hope he gets a gig somewhere, his potential ceiling is far higher than his results at the moment.
Sully
7/29/2018 5:52pm
ML512 wrote:
Geico will have Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence, Jeremy Martin, and RJ Hampshire for '19. I'm not sure what Craig's situation is as of yet. I think...
Geico will have Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence, Jeremy Martin, and RJ Hampshire for '19. I'm not sure what Craig's situation is as of yet. I think he's somewhere between staying with Geico, going to HRC if Seely didn't come back, or MCR (MCR might be between him, Reed, and other riders at this point).
Is JMart still slated to ride a 450 next year?
7/29/2018 5:55pm
ML512 wrote:

is a mart staying on the 250 at JGR next year? with peick and hill there, I would assume yes?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 5:57pm
ML512 wrote:

is a mart staying on the 250 at JGR next year? with peick and hill there, I would assume yes?
Yes, 250, I’d bet it’s a two year deal.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 5:59pm
ML512 wrote:
Geico will have Chase Sexton, Hunter Lawrence, Jeremy Martin, and RJ Hampshire for '19. I'm not sure what Craig's situation is as of yet. I think...
Sully wrote:
Is JMart still slated to ride a 450 next year?
250, as far as I’m aware.
cbuehler767
7/29/2018 6:01pm
mx 219 wrote:

McElrath seems to be flying under the radar. He's def got the SX skills and is showing outdoor speed to win when gets the start. He won an overall right or am I remembering wrong? Not one thread started on the kid. Is he signed through next yr?
cbuehler767
7/29/2018 6:03pm
mx 219 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

So he's not signed? I bet he would be a good fit on a PC bike
ML512
Fantasy
36th
7/29/2018 6:45pm
mx 219 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

So he's not signed? I bet he would be a good fit on a PC bike
Who’s not signed?

McElrath is signed with TLD through 2019.

Sounds like A-Mary just signed or is signing with JGR (I’d expect a two year deal)

PC is full for 2019 with Cianciarulo, Davalos, Forkner and Marchbanks.

Post a reply to: Red Bull KTM 2nd/3rd rider for next year

The Latest