Red Bull | Flight Plan Season 2

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2022 8:25pm

Episode 1: Are the Lawrence Bros TOO HYPED?!

Episode 2: Lawrence Brother Love at Red Bud is INSANE

Episode 3: The Donut Bet with Marc Marquez in Austin

Episode 4: The Business of Supercross Superstardom 

Episode 5: Jett Wins and Dennis Rodman is There to Celebrate!

Episode 6: Jett’s Debut 450 Race at Motocross of Nations

|
Rotaholic
7/19/2022 2:27pm
Probably should have put Jetts name in the title. Man I didn't want that to finish. That's what gets people engaged in our sport, loved every minute.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/19/2022 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2022 2:36pm
They're not over-hyped. ...but there are over-exposed. Too much of a good thing burns it out.

gerg
7/19/2022 4:02pm
It's crazy how they even have to address this...as Ricky has said in a couple of broadcasts "you're gonna have to get used to it because we'll be talking about these guys for a long time".

I don't understand the rumblings around Jett being in focus week in week out. I remember when RV and RD had their periods of dominance, then Eli, the focus was on them constantly and there was never any "Oh they are being shoved down our throats give it a rest will ya".

Imagine the butt hurt if Jett got on the weeties box.
7/19/2022 4:07pm
I really enjoy Dazzas take on this. You think they are overhyped well work harder and take that hype off of them.

The Shop

IanMac138
7/19/2022 5:45pm
I think Jett is proving week in and week out that the 'hype' isn't getting to him at all. He's slaying this motocross game. '21 MX title, '22 SX title, '22 MX title all at age of 18? He's a superstar the sport desperately needs, has a solid family, a great agent and is humble when he needs to be...but ultimately an absolute killer when it comes race time. His technique is going to be studied to the 10th degree by the upcoming generation.
johnk408
7/19/2022 8:06pm
Bet hunter is regretting saying, “just wait until we get to somewhere like southwick”
ArmPumped
7/19/2022 8:37pm
johnk408 wrote:
Bet hunter is regretting saying, “just wait until we get to somewhere like southwick”
He went 1-1 there last year.
moto67e
Fantasy
2734th
7/19/2022 10:58pm
With their Dad being such a big part of the program, who pays him for all the work he does? Honda? Jett and Hunter? Just curious.
Mavetism
7/19/2022 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2022 11:42pm
It's literally impossible to not be a fan. I'm honestly so happy not only for the family, but specially for their dad who sacrificed everything and invested all his time, money and nerves into his boys and it all paid off.
My favorite line from the dad: "Well guess what, no family get's born into a honda factory ride".

By the way to all who still haven't watched it yet, go and check out the whiskey throttle show with them, it's damn worth it.
MKMX
7/20/2022 12:11am
Onya Dazz! What a legend.
mx313
7/20/2022 1:06am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 1:26am
moto67e wrote:
With their Dad being such a big part of the program, who pays him for all the work he does? Honda? Jett and Hunter? Just curious.
Dazzy is the practice bike mechanic so you would assume he is paid some salary by Honda. But jett and hunter give him 20% as his wage and repayment. I dont know if thats till they have paid them back a certain amount or whatever it may be. But he has always been the practice bike mechanic and paid thru there careers. There last year in Europe hunter wasn't getting paid. Jett was racing emx and I don't think he was getting paid. And dazzy was getting 30k to be jetts practice mechanic and that's what they were living off.
Another fun fact. Hunter and jett rent a small factory in temecula or somewhere near the mx tracks so when they test in socal there mechanics Christian and cam don't have to drive 1.5hrs to Torrance and back. One of them wanted to leave coz of that and when they worked at geico they didn't have to travel that distance
johnk408
7/20/2022 5:33am
ArmPumped wrote:
He went 1-1 there last year.
And after that statement, he went like 6-8
Alan Dove
7/20/2022 5:38am
Magoofan wrote:
They're not over-hyped. ...but there are over-exposed. Too much of a good thing burns it out.

Burnout for the competitors is real, but if you want to reach new people and new markets you have to go full-throttle all the time. For motocross long-term fans it can feel like over-exposure, but for those who aren't familiar with motocross it's different.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
8/29/2022 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2022 3:00pm
man that Ep made my eyes watery.
good to see the fellas giving back to the sport.
moto67e
Fantasy
2734th
9/15/2022 4:20pm
How could you not like this family after watching these?
12/3/2022 2:52am

Jett isn't too over hyped but other than winning a 450 moto at a team race, which is impressive, we have yet to see him race a SX or MX on a 450. Hunter is a good rider, but needs a year or two more in the 250s. Where I would say they are over hyped is the Honda brass and the attention Jett brings. Let's be honest Hunter is just along for the ride because of his younger brother which has to sting. Chase is young and unbelievably fast and was dialed in on the Honda. Him and Tomac were on another level last year, to where it was embarrassing to the other 450 guys. The fact that Honda will let a prospect like Chase walk is mind blowing. They have no clue what either Lawrence bros is capable of on a 450 and they are going to let one of the fastest riders on the planet just walk? But Honda is gonna Honda. They let MC, RC, and Tomac all walk and we saw how that worked out for them. Who ever is calling the shots over at the Honda camp needs to be fired.

Money
12/3/2022 4:22am
moto67e wrote:
mx313 wrote:
Dazzy is the practice bike mechanic so you would assume he is paid some salary by Honda. But jett and hunter give him 20% as his...
Dazzy is the practice bike mechanic so you would assume he is paid some salary by Honda. But jett and hunter give him 20% as his wage and repayment. I dont know if thats till they have paid them back a certain amount or whatever it may be. But he has always been the practice bike mechanic and paid thru there careers. There last year in Europe hunter wasn't getting paid. Jett was racing emx and I don't think he was getting paid. And dazzy was getting 30k to be jetts practice mechanic and that's what they were living off.
Another fun fact. Hunter and jett rent a small factory in temecula or somewhere near the mx tracks so when they test in socal there mechanics Christian and cam don't have to drive 1.5hrs to Torrance and back. One of them wanted to leave coz of that and when they worked at geico they didn't have to travel that distance

Good for them to rent the space but there mechanics knew what they signed up for by going to Honda 

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/3/2022 8:27am
Jett isn't too over hyped but other than winning a 450 moto at a team race, which is impressive, we have yet to see him race...

Jett isn't too over hyped but other than winning a 450 moto at a team race, which is impressive, we have yet to see him race a SX or MX on a 450. Hunter is a good rider, but needs a year or two more in the 250s. Where I would say they are over hyped is the Honda brass and the attention Jett brings. Let's be honest Hunter is just along for the ride because of his younger brother which has to sting. Chase is young and unbelievably fast and was dialed in on the Honda. Him and Tomac were on another level last year, to where it was embarrassing to the other 450 guys. The fact that Honda will let a prospect like Chase walk is mind blowing. They have no clue what either Lawrence bros is capable of on a 450 and they are going to let one of the fastest riders on the planet just walk? But Honda is gonna Honda. They let MC, RC, and Tomac all walk and we saw how that worked out for them. Who ever is calling the shots over at the Honda camp needs to be fired.

Chase wants out. Nothing Honda can do about that. 

12/3/2022 1:07pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I was not aware of that. Must have missed in the numerous threads about him, the Lawerence bros, Ping, Roczen, and KRs agent. 😆

wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
12/3/2022 2:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I was not aware of that. Must have missed in the numerous threads about him, the Lawerence bros, Ping, Roczen, and KRs agent. 😆

Haha that many threads with utter bullshit stories you don't know who's coming or going or what's true 

12/4/2022 1:16am
wicksy85 wrote:

Haha that many threads with utter bullshit stories you don't know who's coming or going or what's true 

It's like the Motocross version of a daytime soap opera. It would be gold if we could get a "A Days of Our Lifes" show with the real real riders playing themselves. Can you imagine? 

Ktm: "Kenny congratulations on winning the 2 race World Supercross title"

Kenny: "Thank you! It was a long series and I really worked hard to bring it home"

Ktm: "hey Kenny we were thinking about having you come back to our team"

Kenny: "that would be great, I've been looking for a change of scenery"

KTM: "Great! We want to start testing asap. All we need is for you too piss in this cup for a test."

Ken: dun dun dun music hits. Kenny is looking like a deer in the headlights.

Out of know where Ken's agent staggers over swinging a flask of whiskey.

Ken's Agent: slurring his words "Kenny ain't pissing in shit unless it's your mouth you muthafer"

"Did that f'n Pingree prick put you guys....(agent falls over and passes out)

Tune in next week to find out the conclusion.

Alright I'm a bit buzzed and the ol lady is putting me to bed. Hopefully you guys aren't to harsh on me. Lol

Post a reply to: Red Bull | Flight Plan Season 2

The Latest